“Fabulous”
Review of Cafe Juanita

Cafe Juanita
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Juanita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 270 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Issaquah, Washington
“Fabulous”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Very enjoyable dinner. The staff was wonderful and the food was very, very good. Many of the items on the menu are in Italian making it a bit hard to decipher. The waitress was good about explaining, but would be nice if one could read the menu without a translator for every last thing.
Looks like an old house from the outside, very small parking lot. Street parking is available nearby though. Nice inside.

Seattle
“Great food, small portions”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were here on 3/22/13 for dinner. Made reservations for 8:30p and were seated promptly. Parking is tight but we were able to find a spot in the parking lot.

I'm a pretty picky eater (limited veggies and no fish) so I tend to veer away from places like this. JMy boyfriend is a more adventurous eater. Due to the reviews and my fondness for the Cooking channel/Food network we wanted to try it out.

We ordered the Wagyu beef entree and Guinea Fowl/foie gras entrees. I was able to substitute one of the sides (stinging nettle flan) for some carrot gnocchi.

The beef was prefectly cooked! The carrot gnocchi were excellent as well. My boyfriend thought his dish was perfectly cooked as well and all elements complimented each other. He also had a recommended glass of white wine which he said went perfectly with the meal.My only issue with the meals was the portion size. I wasn't looking to take home leftovers however I would have liked more than 2 small carrots (my bf literally got 3 bites worth of grilled spring onions as his only side). The other side for his dish had nuts so they omitted it due to an allergy but did not offer a substitute.

We opted not to have dessert although the gelato sounded great. Overall, for the 2 entrees, 1 glass of wine, and 1 soda it was $102 incl tax. The server was very attentive and knowledgeable. Overall, we will be back but will probably make it a once in a while occurance.

Seattle, Washington
“Amazing Panna cotta. Expensive”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Good service and ambience. Dishes were good but were not particularly memorable. I enjoy bolder flavours. We had guinea fowl (crisp, tender, mild), pasta dish (ok), rabbit (too tough). The desserts were great, particularly the panna cotta. Dinner with wine about $50/person so it's pricey. Portions were small.

There is very little parking on site but they do have overflow parking in a lot near the gardens.

Stanwood, Washington
“Excellent...but”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

As always the food, service and ambiance are first rate. My complaint is that the tables are too CLOSE together. On this occasioin we were next to a party of 4, we were a 2. They were enjoying an animated conversatiuon as well they should. However, because of the closeness it was impossible for us to not hear every word. This subtracted from what was an otherwise a very enjoyable meal. I have found that because of the extensive wine list it is way better to set a price range and let your server recommend a wine.

Sammamish, Washington, United States
“Food Good”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Food is okay, average atmosphere and too expensive with small portions. This restaurant was a disappointment. I have eaten at much better restaurants. Can't think of anything else to say.

• Visited June 2012