“Fresh & Tasty”

Izumi
Ranked #19 of 269 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Everett, Washington
“Fresh & Tasty”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am not a fan of raw sushi but I love the other ones. My friends that like it all think Izumi's is great. But they serve more than sushi. You can get noodle dishes and a variety teriyaki dishes but it's not like teriyaki you get from most strictly teriyaki restaurants. The beef teriyaki is like a nice cut of beef sliced, the teriyaki salmon is to die for. On Fridays they have a standard lunch special of Teriyaki salmon, salad, miso soup, tempura vegetable and two pieces of sushi. It's a great deal. There is a counter you can choose to sit at and watch the sushi prepared. Staff have been there a long time and are friendly and fast at serving you. Our office goes there all the time and they have no problem with larger table service.

• Visited May 2013

Kenmore, Washington
“27 year customer”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Hidden in the Totem Lake West Shopping Center, They had been open about 6 months when we started coming here 27 years ago. This was our getaway when our youngest was little. 10 minutes from home. Great free parking. Spotlessly clean. Good service and wonderfully predictable food. Shito, the sushi chef and all the employees have been there since we started coming. Try the Soft Sheeled Crab Tempura and arrive early to avoid the wait.

• Visited January 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Hidden Gem - Locals All Know.....”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Hands down the best Japanese restaurant in the Seattle region. It's located off the beaten path in a strip mall in the Totem Lake neighborhood.

All the locals who work in the area know about it and pack the place daily for lunch.

I last went on a Thursday evening at 7 PM and it was fairly packed.

Outstanding service! I love the greetings from the two Japanese women in traditional kimonos. The staff ( it seems to be a family run affair) is friendly, fast, and efficient.

Oh man....the food. To die for! Not some watered down version of "Japanese-American" food. This is the REAL deal. The sushi is off the charts amazing.

The restaurant is spick and span clean, well appointed, and I love the vibe here.

The prices are fair and competitive.

If you're in town, give this a try.

• Visited January 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Cozy, authentic sushi restaurant”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We came across this hidden-away pearl purely by accident, roaming for a restaurant close to Courtland Seattle Kirkland. Its modest appearance belies the quality food and service found within. The number of local guests suggested that the place is quite popular in the neighborhood, which didn't surprise either of us when we dug into our excellent sushi servings.

• Visited December 2012
Seattle, WA USA
“Good food, annoying service.”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The food at Izumi is good. The fish is fresh and the rolls are well-rolled! The service however makes me not want to go back. A couple of weeks ago I placed a phone order. I arrived to pick it up and the ladt behind the desk offered me a ticket that was twice the cost of what mine was supposed to be. I told her that it was not my order. She said "Yes it is". I told her three more times that I had not ordered the things on the ticket and she became upset and insisted that I give my credit card and pay. I saw another ticket laying behind the counter and told her that one looked like my order. She showed me, took my card and charged, and pointed at my to-go bag that was sitting next to the sushi bar. She did not apologize. Makes me wonder if there's some sort of scam going on there. Last night I tried to order one roll to go and was told there was a minimum to-go order limit. I said never mind and hung up. My husband called back 2 minutes later to place a larger order (to fulfill there minimum price requirement) and he was told there would be a one hour wait for pick up orders. I am done for good with this place.

Visited November 2012