“New Italian Restaurant in Kirkland”
Review of Volterra Kirkland

Volterra Kirkland
Reserve with OpenTable
Volterra Kirkland is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 269 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Seattle, Washington
“New Italian Restaurant in Kirkland”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The restaurant was noisy and busy when we went in December, reminding me of many restaurants I've visited in Italy, it had a friendly feel. The food was excellent. The Braised Lamb Shank was perfectly done, tender and very flavorful, plus the portion size was good. The New York strip steak was perfectly done and delicious. The service was attentive and they took extra care of one of our party who had allergies, which we greatly appreciated. My only complaint was the cost of wine; the per glass prices were well over $10 and too pricey for Kirkland, I would have loved to have had a second glass of an excellent red, but didn't want to raid my 401k to pay for it. However the meal costs were reasonably priced for quality Italian.

Brussels
“Authentic Italian”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is a somewhat noisy and very busy Italian restaurant named after a hilltop town in Tuscany. It offers good service and excellent and authentic Italian food. My lamb ragu had a strong and heady flavour and the panforte was a good interpretation. We splashed out on an wonderful bottle of Brunello Di Montalcino (which actually cost more than our food) but it was well worth it. You will need to reserve a table as this restaurant seems to be very popular.

Kirkland, Washington, United States
“Spectacular!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Best breakfast I have had in years. Daughter had Pear and Gorgonzola frittata. I had gourmet scrambled eggs with prosciutto and avocado. Unfortunately, the Wild Boar Benedict Arnold was all gone! Perfect hash browns. So worth a trip to downtown Kirkland, just down the street from the library.

• Visited December 2012
“Just the same and in Ballard”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Love the veggies with my boar tenderloin. The lamb meatballs were good too...my dog loved the one we brought back to the room...not a big eater and he couldn't have eaten it quicker.

Visited December 2012
Kirkland, Washington
“Love this new addition to Kirkland”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I think I have found my new favorite place in Kirkland. The polenta and mushroom appetizer was awesome, creamy, rich, and flavorful. I had the braised lamb shank and the seafood stew. We enjoyed both. The house red blend is also really nice.

• Visited November 2012