“Lovely spot to sit outside on a nice day”

Vista Lago Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #48 of 271 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: Italian
Seattle
“Lovely spot to sit outside on a nice day”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

The caprese salad was excellent, which we split between the two of us as we were not too hungry. The service was very quick and friendly. The pizza smelled and looked delicious. Both the pino grigio and the riesling were very good, and nice sized pours. We are going back for lunch again to try some of the many delicious sounding pasta dishes!

Visited August 2014

Washington
“Plenty of outside seating”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

While other places in downtown kirkland had an hour wait to sit outside this hidden gem had seats available. I have been to Italy numerous times and it is truly authentic. Do you know how I know this? THEY DON'T RUSH YOU. So if you are a typical American that is in a hurry to dine and leave don't bother. If you want to sit and soak in the wonderful food and sunshine without being bombarded every 10 minutes by the waitstaff you will enjoy it. Wow a meal how it should be. For once I don't mind paying a fair price when I get to sit and enjoy for 2 hours.

• Visited April 2014
Redmond, Washington
“Tasty Authentic Italian Food. Attentive Service. Great View”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here. The restaurant offers a nice view of Marina Park. We split a Caesar salad. The greens were fresh. The dressing was tasty. I forgot to ask for anchovies but I won't forget next time. They do have them available. For our entrees my wife had chicken masala and I had the farfalle and salmon with an Alfredo sauce. Both entrees were very good. We both especially liked the chicken masala. Neither of us could finish our entrees and now have dinner for tonight. We did save room for dessert. My wife had the crème caramel and I had the tiramisu. While I wasn't wowed by either dessert, my wife really liked hers even better than crème brulee. Our waiter was attentive, friendly, and really knows Italy. He added to the fun as we spent several weeks in Italy last fall. We'll definitely eat at Vista Lago again.

• Visited June 2013
Seattle WA
“Flavorful Food, great service and good location”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant twice this month. The service was great and we enjoyed our meals. The Caesar salad was excellent with a fresh dressing and fresh grated cheese. I enjoyed the Veal dish and my husband enjoyed a pork dish. Also had their pasta with white sauce which was excellent. I enjoyed the outside seating. The restaurant offers some reasonably priced Italian wine. Try the Tiramasu.

• Visited May 2013
Bellevue, Washington
“Has Potential”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was our first and likely our last visit to Vista Lago. Having read some other reviews that were less than stellar we still wanted to give place a chance, afterall, Italian food is universal and can't be that hard to get right, right? Wrong. Although the interior is warm and friendly and the service prompt some of the items we ordered just didn't measure up. The dinner salad consisted of end pieces of Romaine, no tomatoes or cukes and paltry dressing. On the other hand, the bread was very good and our waitress kept us well supplied. My better half had the chicken piccata and it was adequate. The problem was with my lasagna. I understand so-called "regional recipes" having traveled to Italy many times myself but this lasagna was "peculiar" in that the layering consisted of flat noodles and cheese with the sauce poured over the top. So no substance and no real taste. The portion was fine but the flavor and presentation were a little too "different" for my taste. Now the location is excellent right down there on Moss Bay and they do have outside dining which will be great in the summer months. I imagine sticking to wine, beer and pizza would probably be the best move next time, if there is one. The place has potential, it just needs some signature dishes that resonate flavor.

Visited March 2013