“Our new favorite classy burger place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lodge Sports Grille
Ranked #105 of 263 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Port Orchard, Washington
“Our new favorite classy burger place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Used a Groupon to check out this place 2/1 while we were in the area. Wow! It's a beautiful spot...and a sports bar at that! A variety of tables...long ones for groups, tall ones for up to 4 guests, and cozy booths. The wall behind the counter is lined with beer taps and looks really artistic. Ok...let's get to the meat of the review...these burgers have spoiled us for any other place!!! I had the blue cheese, bacon burger (w lettuce tomato) and home made chips...Honey had the burger with jalapenos and bacon with fries. We were asked how we wanted our burgers cooked...and sure enough they came out that way. Each burger seemed to be about 1/2 pound of pure deliciousness. We knew they would be juicy when we saw the handiwipe that came with each plate. Ate half and took the rest home for supper. Our servers were helpful...especially Dana who took over when the first one left to get things ready for Super Bowl Sunday(lots of great prizes to be won.) Check out facebook to see photos and menu. We learned that the flagship restaurant is "Mukilteo Lodge and Grille" and another will open in Seattle.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Beenthere1842

Seattle, Washington
“Perhaps the worst service ever, food not much better”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have to agree with the two previous reviews. It's actually hard to list the number of ways the service is bad, it's endless.

We waited to order, waited for drinks, waited and waited for food (we almost left), then waited and waited (after asking three times) for a spoon to eat soup with. My boyfriend finally went back to the kitchen and got the spoon (plastic) himself. Looking around the restaurant everyone else was waiting, too and several people left. We actually ended up in conversation with a couple of tables around us about how bad the service was. They may have been understaffed although there appreared to be enough staff for the patrons. The waitress appeared to not have a clue what she was doing. We'd ask for something and she'd say she'd be right back and then just never come back.

Now to the food. We sent back the specialty drinks as they are not drinkable they tasted so bad. Sent back the "chop chop salad" after one bite, which was tasteless, with what could only have been week-old lettuce and not even half of the ingredients listed on the menu, dressing that was...I don't know what kind of ...yuck. The sandwich (which should have been hot) was cold by the time we got it.... The only edible thing was the calamari, which was fine, although a bit greasy.

Too bad, the menu has some nice options and the atmosphere is cool, but this place clearly needs management that actually knows how to run a restaurant and staff that know, or maybe care, what they are doing.

The location of this restaurant has had numerous restaurants in it in the past, none of them seem to last and this one clearly won't either unless they make some major changes. We will never go back here.

• Visited January 2013
Kirkland, Washington
“Yuck!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I don't write a lot of terrible reviews unless the place deserves it. This place does. The service is friendly but the food is just flat terrible. This is the kind of place that just picks pre made foods out of the food services catalog and just warms it up; good enough. Everything has a processed taste, right down to the burgers. I've eaten there three times and the food never gets better. This place has such low food quality standards that you end up leaving mad just because you feel insulted.

Overall, Kirkland's core has not done well when it comes to food standards with a few exceptions so it's not like they really stick out from the pack. I'd never go back and don't expect them to be in business for long.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bothell, Washington
“Terrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband, MIL and I were excited to try the new place in downtown Kirkland. We love eating in downtown Kirkland and always make it a point to try new places that open up, mostly because it doesn't happen very often
Unfortunately we were very unhappy with the service. We sat down near the glass doors that open up to the outside and were sat down by a female waitress. She dropped off the menus and 15 minutes later, she came back to take our drink order. Mind you, this was a Sunday morning and there was no one else in the bar and one couple in the dining room. This was before football season. I ordered a hot tea, my husband a bloody mary and my MIL a Coke. She brought the coke and bloody mary and said she'd be right back with my tea. 10 minutes go by with no tea, I ask the bartender if I can get a water, while I'm waiting for my tea and he gets one for me. 10 more minutes go by and I go back up to the bar, asking where our waitress was and if I could get my tea from him. He went on to say that he was having issues finding the tea and that was what the wait was for. First of all, if you don't have tea, go tell your customer and don't make them wait 20 minutes for a response, not only should you have gone to my table and let me know, you should have explained the situation when you found out about it. When she finally appears (still no more customers have come, guess with it being empty, we should have know better) and takes our order. It takes 30 minutes for us to get our food. The food wasn't anything to be excited about, I ordered the chicken and waffles, my husband the tomato soup and grilled cheese, as well as my MIL. By the time, we were done eating, we were all frustrated with the lack of service and how terrible our server was. We have not gone back and won't ever be going back again. We'll make sure to tell everyone we know, NOT to visit this place. Now George's for breakfast right down the street, is AMAZING! The best thing is the Fronnie's Muffin or Strawberry French Toast (best I've ever had).

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Shelbyann
Pelham, New York
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

The food was surprisingly exceptional for a sports grille. The bartender was nice and funny and the beers were really good too. The decor is like a lodge with wood used every where. It has a nice casual and relaxed vibe.

Visited August 2012