“Not really that "Grand"”

Le Grand Bistro Americain
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Grand Bistro Americain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 274 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Washington Blvd
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Don't know if they were short staffed but our waitress had to keep going behind the bar to make the drinks which was rather odd and she tried her best to keep up with making drinks and serving the tables. Bringing a chalkboard around with the specials is kind of hokey. The waitress basically just read what was on it. Didn't really add anything. Why not just have the waiters/waitresses tell you the daily specials or put a couple of chalkboards on the wall for people to read. Looked like it got in the way too as I saw a couple of waiters have to move it out of traffic way. My french fries tasted like they had sat for awhile and were certainly not fresh out of the fryer.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

...this establishment is something of an American take on the classic French Bistro. This was our second visit and on both occasions we were much more than pleased. The menu is interesting and diverse, the staff friendly and knowledgeable, and the pricing a very good value for the type and quality of dining experience (upscale - Michelin 4 Star Type). I am surprised to see "Le Grand" only rated as the #18th best restaurant in Kirkland (out of 137) and might endeavor to visit the other 17...because it doesn't get much better than this!

Great food, great service, nice upscale dining without being pretentious or over bearing. There is absolutely nothing to dislike about this place.... I highly recommend.

Note: The menu is "diverse"...perhaps even eclectic. If you are just a meat / potatoes / fried chicken / corn / carrots type of person you may not be happy here...

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I love a place that is consistent in both its service and food. I stay regularly across the street, at the Woodmark hotel, and this is my go to restaurant for both social and business meetings. I always ask to sit in Bo's section, as he has (to my mind), just the right mix of knowledge, honesty and casual demeanour that makes the evening enjoyable and low key. He knows his food and wine intimately, but carries no airs or pretensions about it. The ambiance is perfect and the waterfront setting makes it even better. The menu is very good and the specials diverse enough to keep it fresh.

1  Thank SeanatISM
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Fun and helpful staff. They went out of their way to make sure everything was right during the meals I had at the Bistro. Great views of the harbor as well. Very tasty food at good prices.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I first went to Le Grand just after they had opened, then decided to give them some time to settle in before going back. Then I forgot about them. Recently, we've had the chance to go there three times in three weeks, and wow, are they a great spot now. The food and specials are quite good, I've stuck with either mussels or steaks and have been very happy each time. Their steaks are excellent! On the other hand, they had a special for scallops - my mother was served three, with lots of other stuff. But only three. She was quite disappointed in quantity, but not quality. So ask before you order. And their salads are excellent, as are the desserts. I found the prices to be what I'd anticipate, at a waterfront restaurant.