“It's a wow!”

Beach House Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 276 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: between 62nd and 60th
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Twice in my life had I ordered sole, dandab, or halibut that I would rate fabulous. Once was in San Francisco, and the second was in Portland. Since then, I have ordered sole in dozens of restaurants, never finding that melt-in-the-mouth dose of wonderful. Finally, I've found a place that cooks it to the deliciousness I've been seeking, craving, wishing for. The Parmesan crusted sole at the Beach House in Kirkland is it. It's delicious, exactly perfect without the sauce. I had planned to just let the sauce sit there, unused. I used it, and then poured it on the rice. Is there such thing as better than perfect? I'm going to say there is. Unfortunately, now I will want to go back again and again, and it's not a casually priced meal. FYI, my husband ordered the salmon Caesar. Yum! And the other couple ordered the paela and seafood cob. They seemed happy with their food, as well.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We went there with friends to try it out, it is fairly new (at least to us) and the location seemed great. We reserved ahead of time and requested a table overlooking the lake. We had an amazing view and the sunset was gorgeous. Parking can be a pain in the evening, since there isn't enough at the restaurant and the street parking is usually taken by residents living around the area.

We ordered different drinks of their menu and those were great, but generally service was slower and the food wasn't that great. We ordered a salad, the fish and chips and the seafood fettuccine. The salad was only ok, the fish and chips good, but there were only small pieces and the seafood didn't taste fresh in the pasta and there wasn't much of it either. I think about 5 clams and tiny pieces of fish. I don't think that this justifies the price.

I hope they make some improvements to the food, since the location and drinks were great. I might just come back for drinks the next time and have dinner elsewhere.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We just stopped here for a drink and to enjoy the views on our trip. Very good service at the Bar, and the views are great. The menu looks very good, and we will probably eat here next time we are in town.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

It was a sunny summer day and the atmosphere around the place made you feel like on vacation. The location is very good, quite close to downtown Kirkland and right next to one of the parks on the waterfront. The view of the lake is really nice. The food was good and not that pricey. Not a lot of options in the menu though.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Was here on a Saturday night with 11 friends. It was extremely hot in the restaurant and we were told the air-conditioning was broken. We were lucky that we were sat beside the door that went to the patio so we got a little breeze but the first hour we were very hot and somewhat uncomfortable. However, the service was excellent and the meals we all had were very tasty. They are right on Lake Washington so the view was beautiful especially when the sun went down. I would eat there again!