“Basic, very clean room at a very reasonable price”

Motel 6 Seattle North - Kirkland
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I just stayed at the kirkland Motel 6 for 2 nights. I can only speak for my self personally, but I had a pleasant experience from the time I arrived til the time we checked out. The desk staff was very helpful and gave us alot of information about the local area. The clerk didn't know where how to get to a local sight (the snoqualmie falls) but she just asked the manager and he gladly printed out google driving directions. How nice is that!
The housekeeping staff were all hispanic (no surprise there) but they were very helpful and were more than happy to give me and my partner extra towels and pillows.
Although this is a very basic hotel (like most motel 6 hotels I've stayed at) it was very clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the location is super convienient.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cupidus

Reviewed April 26, 2010

The front desk staff were kind enough to move me to a non-smoking room after my reserved room had been smoked in. I was provided a room in back, ground floor near grass for my dogs and the fridge & microwave were moved to my room. The motel is location right next to 405. Ask for a room at the back of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank thedogsma
Reviewed August 20, 2008

I had to get a room in the Seattle area at the very last minute and didn't want to pay $200. As my stay extended across a weekend and into the week, it was hard to find anything reasonable -- and Priceline, etc. weren't any help. So I bit the bullet and took a room at the Kirkland Motel 6.

The sheets and towels were clean. The bedspread looked brand new. Wi-fi was $3/night; cheap enough but I can't comment on quality as I'd rather sit in a nice cafe than at the Motel 6 to check my email. I was in a room facing away from the highway, and didn't hear much highway noise. The room is pretty much the same as any other Motel 6 room anywhere: spartan but basically clean and cheap, nothing lavish including toiletries (one bar of soap).

However, there were some issues with the room as well:
1) Ants. I saw three or four tiny ones in different parts of the room while I was there. The last one I saw was in my bed. Not as bad as bedbugs but still a bit creepy and made it hard to fall asleep even after checking the whole bed to make sure there weren't any more.
2) Dirty blanket. The sheets were clean and the bedspread was new, but the blanket in between was pretty gross. I noticed several different long hairs on it (I have short hair so it wasn't mine), and I removed it from the bed because it clearly hadn't been washed in a very long time.
3) Noise from other guests. No loud parties or anything, but given the hotel's reasonable cost a lot of construction crews stay there and they tend to leave between 5 and 6 a.m., slamming room and truck doors loudly.

Overall, you get what you pay for, so it's an okay value. The sheets, shower and furniture are clean and there is wi-fi if you need to check email. The only thing out of the ordinary was the ant problem. It's about what I'd expect for $65/night in Seattle in the summer.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I can only relate my personal experience at this property but my recent visit can only be described as positive.

I arrived around 1 pm and was able to check-in early. The manager was very helpful and actually showed me a great short-cut to the adjacent winery where I was attending the Steely Dan concert.

The room? Spartan, but clean. For the price, I'm not sure what others expect, but the room, amenities, and location (for my purposes) was great.

One of the few Motel 6 properties that actually is slightly difficult to find, i.e. no huge neon sign off the freeway.

Yes, bring your own shampoo, conditioner, ice chest, etc. Do a little homework and you will see this is a very good value, especially considering its location in the great Pacific NW.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Ydnar
Reviewed April 3, 2008

We stayed here for 3 nights. The staff was fine, not bad, not great. You do have to pay $3 a day for wi-fi. Also, they did not tell us that the hotel was under construction until after we paid. With our receipt they gave us a notice that the water would be turned off from 9-6 during our second day due to the construction. The room was pretty clean. Not a bad deal.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mattebell
Reviewed October 12, 2007

I checked into the Motel about 9 pm from a reservation. I had requested a room away the freeway. They put me in a room right on the freeway. The room smelled of stale beer and BO. I walked back to the office, when I got down there was no one there. I waited for a couple of minutes and then started knocking on the counter. The lady that checked me in came running inand told me to "hold your horses, I am smoking and will get to you when I am done." When she returned 5 minutes later she asked what the problem was. I stated that I would like a room away from the freeway. I was infomed that only certian people could check into those rooms, we have to save them for our repeat customers. Finally after some debating I was given a room on the backside. I unloaded my car and settled in for the night. About and hour after I fell asleep I woke up to ichy legs. When I turned on the lights i could see blod spots on the sheet and my legs. And then I noticed little red / brown bugs crawling all over me. I called the office and was told that I should shower more often. Then when I asked what kind of bugs are these, she infomed me that they are probably bed bugs. They had 10 or 15 rooms down with them. I checked out right away! When I asked for a refund I was told "All Sales Final" . I just threw my hands up in the air and said the heck with it. DO NOT STAY THERE!

• Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank disturbedinwa
Reviewed August 26, 2007

When we first arrived at the motel it didn't seem too bad. It obviously wasn't going to be luxurious or anything, but it was decent until we found small dead bugs in the bedding and the sheets were so threadbare I could see through them in several spots. The blanket also had holes in it from cigarette burns. We went to the front desk to ask if the sheets could be changed and we were met with an incompetent staff who could speak little english. We were told there was no maid there at that hour so I asked if we could just have some bedding and I would change it myself. The attendant gave us the wrong sheets and could not locate a blanket for us so we ended up purchasing a blanket from a local store at about 11:00 p.m. I think this was one of the worst motels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luv2travel042
MTL6-SEATTLE, Guest Service at Motel 6 Seattle North - Kirkland, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2007

Our rooms are very clean, and the price is unbeatable!