“You can do much better than this!”

Motel 6 Seattle North - Kirkland
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Reviewed June 13, 2012

As a business consultant who lives in hotels more than home, I would rate this hotel very poor. The property looks run down, its noisy, and does not have even bare essentials like a clock in the room. The air conditioning vents look like they have never been cleaned and the unit is excessively loud. The management is extremely lazy here and is annoyed by any request. The TV is very limited on a VERY old television. I would highly recommend travelers stay elsewhere. I have since changed hotels to the next town where I have a brand new room for less.

Room Tip: I would recommend going North on 405 to Bothells and stay at the Extended Stay or Extended Stay Delu...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ed S

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Quite average for Motel 6 but priced a little higher than most. Easy access from freeway. Room was average cleaned but had a strange cleaning solution odor.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2012

This property has the chance to be better than it is. The room is quite small for the price and while mostly clean, the ground floor rooms have bad problems with ants, which when asked about it, was told by the desk staff that's how it is. The shower only was old but adequate. The beds really need replacing. I needed a place to stay while getting medical treatments and this was the closest for my needs. The desk staff was curt, efficient but if they had worked for me, I would have insisted they be more friendly and accommodating because they all seemed to have a chip on their shoulders and were quite defensive. I can't imagine what they must go through on a daily basis, but it seemed to me they need a break from customer abuse because they really sound like they've had too much. I've stayed in all kinds of places and this was the closest place to suit my needs for doctor's visits. I wouldn't stay there again. To be fair, I was quite challenged being there by my medical condition and it just made it harder that it was less than accommodating.

Room Tip: Take a room on the second floor to avoid ants
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank IsaKing
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The rate was really cheap, and is reflected in the accommodation and service.

Our room had blood on a door handle, our neighbour found a pair of underwear behind the door... kind of nasty on both counts. Also, after having a toilet overflow, I was handed a plunger and told by the front desk staff there were no cleaning staff available. The manager provided much better service, coming up and dealing with the problem quite quickly.

On the plus side, the accommodation is basic but otherwise decent value for the dollar (at under $50 per night for a one week rental). Pets stay free, and the pool while small, was a great place to grab some sunshine.

Grab it if you are looking for cheap accommodation.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room that faces away from the 405. It is pretty noisy facing the freeway, but qui...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Whitecapsfan
Reviewed May 18, 2011

stayed here for work shampoo or soap in the room though and no do not disturb sign. was given a room on the interstate side of the property. stay was pretty good except for those

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I just stayed at the kirkland Motel 6 for 2 nights. I can only speak for my self personally, but I had a pleasant experience from the time I arrived til the time we checked out. The desk staff was very helpful and gave us alot of information about the local area. The clerk didn't know where how to get to a local sight (the snoqualmie falls) but she just asked the manager and he gladly printed out google driving directions. How nice is that!
The housekeeping staff were all hispanic (no surprise there) but they were very helpful and were more than happy to give me and my partner extra towels and pillows.
Although this is a very basic hotel (like most motel 6 hotels I've stayed at) it was very clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the location is super convienient.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cupidus
Reviewed April 26, 2010

The front desk staff were kind enough to move me to a non-smoking room after my reserved room had been smoked in. I was provided a room in back, ground floor near grass for my dogs and the fridge & microwave were moved to my room. The motel is location right next to 405. Ask for a room at the back of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo