See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The rate was really cheap, and is reflected in the accommodation and service.

Our room had blood on a door handle, our neighbour found a pair of underwear behind the door... kind of nasty on both counts. Also, after having a toilet overflow, I was handed a plunger and told by the front desk staff there were no cleaning staff available. The manager provided much better service, coming up and dealing with the problem quite quickly.

On the plus side, the accommodation is basic but otherwise decent value for the dollar (at under $50 per night for a one week rental). Pets stay free, and the pool while small, was a great place to grab some sunshine.

Grab it if you are looking for cheap accommodation.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room that faces away from the 405. It is pretty noisy facing the freeway, but quiet in all other locations.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Whitecapsfan
Reviewed May 18, 2011

stayed here for work shampoo or soap in the room though and no do not disturb sign. was given a room on the interstate side of the property. stay was pretty good except for those

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I just stayed at the kirkland Motel 6 for 2 nights. I can only speak for my self personally, but I had a pleasant experience from the time I arrived til the time we checked out. The desk staff was very helpful and gave us alot of information about the local area. The clerk didn't know where how to get to a local sight (the snoqualmie falls) but she just asked the manager and he gladly printed out google driving directions. How nice is that!
The housekeeping staff were all hispanic (no surprise there) but they were very helpful and were more than happy to give me and my partner extra towels and pillows.
Although this is a very basic hotel (like most motel 6 hotels I've stayed at) it was very clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful and the location is super convienient.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cupidus
Reviewed April 26, 2010

The front desk staff were kind enough to move me to a non-smoking room after my reserved room had been smoked in. I was provided a room in back, ground floor near grass for my dogs and the fridge & microwave were moved to my room. The motel is location right next to 405. Ask for a room at the back of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank thedogsma
Reviewed August 20, 2008

I had to get a room in the Seattle area at the very last minute and didn't want to pay $200. As my stay extended across a weekend and into the week, it was hard to find anything reasonable -- and Priceline, etc. weren't any help. So I bit the bullet and took a room at the Kirkland Motel 6.

The sheets and towels were clean. The bedspread looked brand new. Wi-fi was $3/night; cheap enough but I can't comment on quality as I'd rather sit in a nice cafe than at the Motel 6 to check my email. I was in a room facing away from the highway, and didn't hear much highway noise. The room is pretty much the same as any other Motel 6 room anywhere: spartan but basically clean and cheap, nothing lavish including toiletries (one bar of soap).

However, there were some issues with the room as well:
1) Ants. I saw three or four tiny ones in different parts of the room while I was there. The last one I saw was in my bed. Not as bad as bedbugs but still a bit creepy and made it hard to fall asleep even after checking the whole bed to make sure there weren't any more.
2) Dirty blanket. The sheets were clean and the bedspread was new, but the blanket in between was pretty gross. I noticed several different long hairs on it (I have short hair so it wasn't mine), and I removed it from the bed because it clearly hadn't been washed in a very long time.
3) Noise from other guests. No loud parties or anything, but given the hotel's reasonable cost a lot of construction crews stay there and they tend to leave between 5 and 6 a.m., slamming room and truck doors loudly.

Overall, you get what you pay for, so it's an okay value. The sheets, shower and furniture are clean and there is wi-fi if you need to check email. The only thing out of the ordinary was the ant problem. It's about what I'd expect for $65/night in Seattle in the summer.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)