“Never on a Monday”
Review of Trellis

Trellis
Reserve with OpenTable
Trellis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 274 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd Street
Transit: The Public Transit Mall is 1/2 block from the hotel's front door.
Description: At Trellis, the menu is crafted around what's fresh for the season. Food to make your taste buds happy for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Whether sharing plates with friends, or enjoying a casual dinner for two, the atmosphere is lively and the service welcoming. A popular neighborhood destination for locals, as well as guests of The Heathman, Trellis is also a prime hot spot for Kirkland Happy Hour. Try a craft cocktail featuring house-made infusions on the patio that's open year round, or a glass of Washington wine at the bar. (Pairing that glass with food works too!) Speaking of food, the menu is inventive and flavorful, and not at all stuffy. Trellis works with local purveyors that specialize in all the amazing ingredients that are available in the Northwest. And with food, there should always be great beverages. Trellis partners with local wineries, breweries and distilleries for an authentic regional experience with tastes that you can't find just anywhere.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went on Labour Day and they seemed to be out of too many things and didn't tell you upfront. And stuff like oatmeal. Has no-one at the Heathman heard of a supermarket?
Service was slow in a mostly empty restaurant.
Pricey without reason.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The good part was the setting and the front reception staff. My daughter and I had lunch there on August 18th, a Saturday. They were not at all busy. The waiter was pleasant and took our order and the food came in a timely way. My daughter's wine and crab salad were very good. My scrambled eggs were over cooked and dry, the croissant which was made on site, was not crisp and might have been made a few days earlier, potatoes were room temperature. The bacon was outstanding.

Our waiter disappeared and we had to get up to find him. I wanted more hot water for my tea. We also had to go find him to get our bill.

We felt the good reputation we heard about Trellis from a local merchant was over stated. We will not go back. Too bad because the setting was so nice.

The bill came to around $55 for lunch.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Gourmet, locally sourced innovative food. What more can you ask for? It would be hard to select a favorite from all the meals I've had there - but...if I have to pick I would suggest the Seafood Soup. It is sublime. Finish it with the lemon tart. Pure bliss!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Trellis has both indoor and patio seating. Indoors are the bar and dining room; outdoors is a sidewalk patio. The patio is by far the more popular area when the weather permits. Call it Parisian or call it small town; it's casual, you chat with passers-by (and their dogs), and you almost decide that want to live on the patio. Happy hour is always busy, so service can be slow. But then, it can be slow anytime.
The inside dining area has a smallish bar area and a warm, yet modern, dining area. The chef defies the belief that hotel restaurants are never "destination" restaurants. The first night we started with the Wine Country Platter, and then moved on to Sonoma Duck (me) and Salmon w/ sautéed Granny Smith apples (my wife), Our server was attentive and gracious, and provided us with short and accurate travel tips.
The second night was, well, "off" (a different server). The appetizer and salad were plopped on to the table at same time (we sent the salad back to fridge), and maybe as punishment ended up pouring the wine ourselves. But the meal was a really great Winter Squash Ravioli Sausage & Prawns Tagliatelle.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had four meals here during our stay and each time we ordered we didn't think it could keep getting better, but it did. Don't go anywhere else in Kirkland to eat.

Been to Trellis? Share your experiences!