“SUPER Cuisine, Mixed Service”
Review of Trellis

Trellis
Reserve with OpenTable
Trellis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 272 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd Street
Transit: The Public Transit Mall is 1/2 block from the hotel's front door.
Description: At Trellis, the menu is crafted around what's fresh for the season. Food to make your taste buds happy for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Whether sharing plates with friends, or enjoying a casual dinner for two, the atmosphere is lively and the service welcoming. A popular neighborhood destination for locals, as well as guests of The Heathman, Trellis is also a prime hot spot for Kirkland Happy Hour. Try a craft cocktail featuring house-made infusions on the patio that's open year round, or a glass of Washington wine at the bar. (Pairing that glass with food works too!) Speaking of food, the menu is inventive and flavorful, and not at all stuffy. Trellis works with local purveyors that specialize in all the amazing ingredients that are available in the Northwest. And with food, there should always be great beverages. Trellis partners with local wineries, breweries and distilleries for an authentic regional experience with tastes that you can't find just anywhere.
Hawthorne, California
“SUPER Cuisine, Mixed Service”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Trellis has both indoor and patio seating. Indoors are the bar and dining room; outdoors is a sidewalk patio. The patio is by far the more popular area when the weather permits. Call it Parisian or call it small town; it's casual, you chat with passers-by (and their dogs), and you almost decide that want to live on the patio. Happy hour is always busy, so service can be slow. But then, it can be slow anytime.
The inside dining area has a smallish bar area and a warm, yet modern, dining area. The chef defies the belief that hotel restaurants are never "destination" restaurants. The first night we started with the Wine Country Platter, and then moved on to Sonoma Duck (me) and Salmon w/ sautéed Granny Smith apples (my wife), Our server was attentive and gracious, and provided us with short and accurate travel tips.
The second night was, well, "off" (a different server). The appetizer and salad were plopped on to the table at same time (we sent the salad back to fridge), and maybe as punishment ended up pouring the wine ourselves. But the meal was a really great Winter Squash Ravioli Sausage & Prawns Tagliatelle.

Visited August 2013

YLW
“Fresh and local all the way”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had four meals here during our stay and each time we ordered we didn't think it could keep getting better, but it did. Don't go anywhere else in Kirkland to eat.

Visited August 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Good food at a good price!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I took my friend here for her birthday and we order the Trellis burger with shoestring fries and the BBQ pulled pork with sweet potato fries. The BBQ came with cole slaw, to me a must for BBQ pulled pork. My friend's burger was cooked just right and had all the regular fixin's for a great burger. They even through in a lemon custard type dessert covered in simple syrup and garnished with sage. Nice flavor combination! Service was a little slow, and we ate outside where a lot of construction trucks would periodically rumble past, but overall a pleasant experience.

• Visited August 2013
Bend, Oregon
“Best Happy Hour on the Eastside”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Wonderful food and great choices with the best prices! Wait staff is very friendly and helpful. It's fun to sit outside and enjoy our great summer weather.

Visited July 2013
Kirkland, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ripped off”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had a rather ridiculous experience at Trellis today. We went as a family of four, including a three year old. They don't have a child's menu, fine. No problem, as we have a kale, spinach, sushi-eating type of kid. But he doesn't eat an adult portion, so I asked if they could do a half portion of the fish and chips. Waitress says, "sure" so that's what we order for him. It comes with one small piece of fish and literally chips (I expected French fries, but that may be my fault). He eats the whole thing. We eat our lunches, which includes my tomato soup that weirdly tasted like absolutely nothing, and get the bill. We've been charged the full $18.00 for my three year old's meal. I assume this is a mistake as the server clearly ok'ed a half order and he ate the whole thing so it was clearly a half order (this kid does not have a big appetite). I ask about it and she says, "oh no, the chef is adamant about not making any hinges or substitutions to the menu". Um, ok. Fine, he gets to do that, but what the heck? She told me we were ordering a half portion. And it was tiny! I certainly wouldn't have ordered my three year old an $18.00 lunch. But apparently that was my problem and we had to pay the full amount. Well, joke's on Trellis, I guess, as we live in Kirkland -- a very family-oriented kind of place, and you can be sure I will tell my friends with kids about this! And I just changed the location f our Friday night girlfriends night o Purple Cafe!!

• Visited July 2013