“A fine restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Trellis

Trellis
Reserve with OpenTable
Trellis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 266 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd Street
Transit: The Public Transit Mall is 1/2 block from the hotel's front door.
Poulsbo
“A fine restaurant”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The sirloin tips were tasty, but had a little more fat and grizzle than you'd expect to find on such cut of meat. The carrot cake was somewhat dry and dense. We didn't finish it, and they didn't charge us for it. They do have Olympic ice cream - which is devine! Olympic sells only to commercial establishments - and all flavors are custom made. The carrot cake ice cream came with the carrot cake - and it was a saving grace, so at least our sweet tooth was somewhat pampered. Next time we'll just go for the ice cream.

Visited February 2013

“Far From the Maddening Crowds of the Kirkland Waterfront Eateries”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This past Sunday, my wife and I were looking forward to having dinner somewhere in DT Kirkland Wa but did not want to suffer through the crowds of loud borish overpaid louts that usually hang around during Happy Hour in the eateries along the Lake Washington Blvd in DT Kirkland. Having had lunch previously at the quiet and elagant Trelis Restaurant located within the Heathman Hotel, we decided to try Trellis for dinner. What a great and elegant experience indeed. As we pulled up in front of the Heathman, the comlimentary valet greeted us to tak ecare of our car and we proceeded intot he restaraunt. Seating was available throughout and we chose the sidwewalk seating outside which was suitable enclosed but afforded a nioce view of the comings and goings nearby. The setting remnded us a little of eating at the many sidewalk cafes in Paris.

Trellis featured a prix fixe menu at $33.00 per person which included appetizer entree and desert. On Sunday and Monday wine from their very impressive wine cellar is 50% off.
We ordered Caesar salads, which came with a nice dressing, crumbled blue cheese, razor thin sliced granny smith apples and toasted Hazel nuts. Freshly baked rolls were served along with herbed butter. For our main course we ordered the Shrimp Pomodoro and Prime NY Steak excellent presentation and generous proportions. For our wine we selcted a 2008 aMaurice Toby Series red wine blend which was superb.

I was suitably impressed with desert. I rodered the cookie plate which include dark chocolate cookies and peanut butter cookies that were topped off with a dollop of organice peanut butter served with a small pot of dark chocolate syrup.
Our waiter Christina was attentive, pleasant and there when we needed her.

Try Trellis you will not be disapointed!

• Visited February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Happy Hour at Trellis (Kirkland)”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My spouse, whose stomach was still on East Coast time, was absolutely ravenous when we stopped by Trellis for a snack and a glass of wine. We decided to stay and experience their great happy hour with all kinds of fun small plates and flatbreads, along with a few glasses of Washington State's delicious pinots and chards. We'll be back! One of the best happy hours on the Eastside.

Kirkland, WA
“The bar is the place and early!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great bar menu is half price before 6pm. Tasty hanger steak for $13. Other similar item, but they double in price at 6 so come early.

Visited February 2013
“Pretty good but not perfect”
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Here I will simply list my complaints, as everything else was just fine. Dishes fared from good to pretty good. Sometimes just missing that tiny bit of extra 'care' or 'ingredient' or 'treatment' to make them perfect. Example: the risotto should have been made with more wine and broth versus so much water. These things really matter to the finished product. Our waitstaff did not know anything about the wines, and we did have some questions, so the somelier was asked behind the scenes. I think a nice Cote du Rhone on their wine menu would balance the selections out nicely. To my greatest disappointment, I ordered a specific cobbler, for the berries in it, but was given a completely different cobbler- one with berries I dislike very much. I was not ever asked if I wanted a different dessert since mine was apparently unavailable. I was just given the new one at the table with a mention that the other one was not available. It was not what I like, so I only ate 3 bites. I was fully charged, though. I sure would have liked to have had my 2nd or 3rd choice of dessert instead of what they gave me without asking. Some of the serving and clean up staff were quite loud and rough at our table, interupting our relaxing vibe.