“Beautiful Boutique Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Seattle
“Beautiful Boutique Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

What a nice overnight stay for my husband and I! The lobby was all decorated for the season with a great fire going in the fireplace. Our room was lovely and cozy and had a great view of lake washington. We had dinner at the restaurant on the property - bin on the lake - and had a fabulous meal. Everything was so tasty! I would definitely love to come back here!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2010

Never have I had a better business stay in resort. The service is unmatched, the rooms beautiful with amazing views and incredible bedding. The Bin restaurant is wonderful, don't miss the Happy Hour. Even the soap is great. I will not stay anywhere else on my returns to WA.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2010

I consider myself the kind of guy who doesn't care about hotels when I travel on business. If they have broadband Internet and no broken windows, it's OK by me.

The Woodmark has made me rethink that position.

Situated on the edge of Lake Washington, the Woodmark offers beautiful views. More than that, you can hear the waves lapping at the shore if you leave your windows open. The staff is outstanding (not just Woody, the dog). Every single staffer whom I met displayed great cheer and a can-do attitude. They offer assistance at every turn and made it seem like their exclusive pleasure.

My only complaint is that they don't have a swimming pool.

I can't recommend this place enough for anyone traveling to the Kirkland-Bellevue area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

Great Place, quiet, close to Bellevue and surrounding area, good restaurant and excellent service from the staff

Similar hotel are priced much higher

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

Over the years, I have relied on reviews from Trip Advisor and have only been disappointed once. And in return, I always give my honest opinions to help others make their hotel decisions. In all of my reviews, I have never given 5 stars, but I am happy to say that the Woodmark deserves my highest rating.

My husband, dog and I had 3 fantastic nights in mid-September. Although we had mostly rain during our stay, the area and hotel were amazingly beautiful. (If I wanted to live in the Seattle area, I would move in a heartbeat to Kirkland) We arrived from 12 nights in other luxury hotels and the Woodmark blew us away. The staff is probably the most friendly we have ever encountered at a hotel. Each day someone would help me with driving directions and/or information for our sightseeing. By the end of our stay, the valets knew our car and the front desk knew us by name. The hotel was full with marathon guests as well as several wedding parties but we were never bothered by noise. In fact there was a catered party a few doors from our room but inside of our room, we never heard one sound. The room itself has ever amenity possible from the dual shower heads to the lighted magnifiying makeup mirror. We were especially impressed with Kirkland. When planning the trip, we considered staying downtown Seattle but were concerned that we could have difficulty finding grass for our dog (the Woodmark is situated on Lake Washington, surrounded by grass, overlooking the marina). The drive from downtown Seattle to the hotel is not more than 20 minutes (at non traffic hours). We would highly recommend a ferry ride to Bainbridge. The Seattle skyline from the ferry is so impressive. It's definitely worth the short drive to get away from the downtown. Kirkland is an upscale community with great little boutique shops and interesting restaurants. We really enjoyed the Purple Wine Bar but were not impressed with Cactus (it's definitely THE place to be but none of us enjoyed our meals). Our goldendoodle especially loved meeting little Woody (the mini doodle who lives in the lobby). Our 4000 miles roadtrip included get destinations and fantastic hotels, but our No. 1 favorite hotel was the Woodmark!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

We had our wedding at the Woodmark over Labor Day weekend. We had many out of town guests stay at the hotel during their stay and absolutely loved the venue. They were impressed with the scenery, free kayak rentals and restaurant options on site.

We were pleased with the Woodmark for all our wedding services. The rooms are comfy, beautiful and the Beach Cafe breakfast menu was delicious. It is on the pricey side but you can't beat the view and proximity to both Seattle and Bellevue along wtih water access.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Port Orchard, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

Mywife and I were married at this property 17 years ago but when we got there itseemed like the property was brand new. Great place to stay and explore from.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Inn at the Market
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#4 of 100 in Seattle
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,975 reviews

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!