“Great place, great staff - the complete package!”

Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Reviewed January 17, 2014

When you are at such a nice, tranquil place and ALL members of the staff go out of their way to make sure that you are comfortable and happy - well to me it really means a lot. Thanks Woodmark, perfect job for the second time!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rich M
There are newer reviews for Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Staff was great. Welcomed with a glass of sparkling wine, valet parking was greatly appreciated. We were there for our anniversary, sorry we didn't get the Groupon, but we did get the Sr. discount. Room overlooking the water, great, sorry we didn't get there before sunset. Overall a wonderful experience. Now I know why my daughter loves this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Hello GramaSue 2007 and what a pleasure to read your kind comments about your recent stay at the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland, Washington.

My Name is Howard Jacobs and wanted to drop a quick note to thank you for your patronage and so pleased to have met your expectations on this recent visit.

I look forward to sharing your feedback among our dedicated associates and hope to see you on a return visit to the East Seattle area.

In the interim have an excellent MLK holiday and best regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I recently stayed at the Woodmark for my anniversary using a Groupon. I can't say enough wonderful things about the friendly staff. Valet parking was great in addition to the check in process which includes a glass of champagne. The rooms are beautiful overlooking the water, you can't get a better view. We ate dinner at the beach cafe and the bartender was excellent! We told him we were excited to have a bloody mary with our breakfast so he quickly whipped up his own mix for us to have in the morning. It was the best bloody mary I've ever had.

Now for the problems..I understand that sometimes people can be loud, but my stay was miserable. The room next to us were loud and partied all night long. I even had to listen to them getting ill from the presumed alcohol consumption. I don't like to complain, and I know that people want to have a good time, so I tried to sleep through it. After 3:00 in the morning I finally gave the front desk a call. The situation was addressed promptly. Upon my check out we advised them about our stay. The comment was, "i had a feeling those people would be a problem." I walk away feeling as if I wasted my money, as I didn't get a wink of sleep.
The Groupon also provided a $20 breakfast credit. I had a wonderful breakfast, and checked out where they advised me the credit would be taken off of my bill. I waited for this to post to my account and this never happened. I called today, and they quickly fixed the issue.
Again, the staff has been wonderful, and everything about the hotel is great, but I have to lower my rating because my experience was ruined by the party animals next door.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kirkland22

Hello Kirkland 22 and so thankful you have taken the time to share your Woodmark Hotel experience with our team via Trip Advisor.

Your business is incredibly important to us and was pleased to hear your input on the staff was a positive one.

However, I was disappointed you were unable to enjoy an excellent night's sleep due to the noise level from a neighboring guest room.

At the end of the day - our service is only fantastic with a positive sleep experience and I am committed to follow up on this with you when time permits in your schedule.

Feel free to reach out to me directly by phone at the Woodmark Hotel and would welcome the chance to talk through this further. We hope to see you again on a future visit and wanted to connect to turn this issue around.

Thanks in advance for your time and input and hope you have an excellent week.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We found Woodmark on Groupon and I didn't know what to expect. We were planning a trip to Seattle with a 5 yr old, and would normally have stayed in the city, but this was WAY nicer, assuming you have a car to get around.

The hotel wasn't overly full, so after a night in a waterview room, they allowed us to upgrade (at no additional cost) to a suite that had a master bedroom, and a separate living area with a sofa bed. This was ideal for our child (who took the sofa bed). It allowed us to sleep in the dark, and for her to have a light on ;)

There are some nice running routes but you have to learn about the public gates along the Lake View road. The gym affiliated with the hotel is amazing - small and boutique but well equipped. They also have child minding, geared for the adjoining health club that has great fitness classes (~$20-22 drop in).

There is a Starbucks across the plaza, which is nice. The hotel also puts out ample fresh cold water, hot apple cider, and in the mornings, coffee. The rooms all have a mini fridge and Keurig coffee maker. The rooms have been recently (some in progress) renovated and are gorgeous.

The staff are amazing, friendly and accomodating, as well as empowered to help the guests.

Kirkland is a great, quiet place to stay if you want to enjoy trips to Seattle (a 15 minute drive away) or go shopping in Bellevue or to the larger malls of Tukwilla (South Center Mall). Shopping paradise, both of them.

I can't wait to go back, and may do so in summer when this lakefront resort would really excel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Hello Alison S and what a pleasure to read your kind comments about the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland Washington.

It is a humbling and thankful experience to receive your feedback and I am pleased to have shared this recap with our team of dedicated professionals this afternoon.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back at our East Seattle Hotel in the future and just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Yes there is construction on the upper floors and we were on the 3rd floor and could hear the drilling. Also at any given time during the day - there might be a construction worker walking outside your room. We got this deal off Groupon so you have to half expect that is why we got the deal. If you got the deal and are complaining about the noise - give it up already. You got a deal. Besides - the noise is primarily during the day when you should up and about anyways. There's lots of other noise to distract anyways - like the hourly chiming of the clock in the square.

Pluses:
Gorgeous walkway for the doggies to walk around
Square is beautiful with a Starbucks right outside the door of the hotel.
Gorgeous view of the Lake Washington
Gorgeous spiral staircase from the upper to the lower floor which goes out to the promenade
Coffee/Tea and water service in the foyer
Environmental shower/bathing amenities - very high end and conveniently in the shower area
Rain showerhead plus the massaging showerhead. (My husband like the rain and I liked the massaging)
Love love love the Raid the Pantry. The soup was excellent (tasted homemade) and sandwiches, cookies, pop and juice
Wifi included included in the room
Literally 2 minutes along a straight road to Bellevue Square.
Burgermaster (best drive-in) is right around the corner (Bill Gates goes here)

Need improvement:
The tree hugger in me would like to see a recycle bin in the Raid the Pantry area. I looked around for a recycle bin and looked into the garbage and saw pop and juice cans mixed in with dirty food - You couldn't recycle what was in there. I hate to see all those pop cans go to waste. (especially in the Northwest where we're known for recycling and protecting the environment)

The biggest beef I had was with the restaurant. We were told by front desk staff that brunch was until 2pm. I looked at the menu online and was looking forward to my brunch (eggs benedict). I have one where ever I go. After a leisurely walk, Starbucks and wake up - went down to the restaurant at 11. Looked at the menu and no breakfast items - mostly lunch and 5 brunchy items. I asked the server if there was another menu and was told that breakfast is over at 11am. Quite disappointed - I couldn't find anything and asked her to ask the kitchen if they could accommodate us with a few breakfast items since we were on the cusp of the switchover. No can do. Thank you to Corine for trying. The excuse is the kitchen is small and cannot accommodate making breakfast and lunch items at the same time. What?! okay whatever. I think it's called poor management of the kitchen.

My beef is you need to communicate clearly with guests or customers so they don't have false expectations. I've eaten at a lot of places and this is the first that differentiates between breakfast and brunch. I'm sorry but if I go to brunch I expect breakfast items to be available not a separate menu that excludes pancakes and eggs. If this is truly the case that your kitchen cannot handle the multiple items on the menu then the front desk staff should inform that breakfast ends at 11am and your menu online should also indicate such. When you pull up the brunch menu - there is nothing on it just a statement about the chef having fresh signature dishes available. Usually I would think that this is a menu that compliments the existing breakfast menu not replace it like a fresh sheet that restaurants have for that day.

Even Corine said that it was confusing. Obviously if your staff has had complaints and know this is an issue - why hasn't anything been done about it - This is a no-brainer and should be easy to fix rather than have the lovely experience jaded by trivialities. I don't think that we're different than most people to have brunch to round out their weekend getaway and unfortunately this is the last thing that is remembered. Kinda like the cherry and sprinkles on top of a sundae except when you bite into it you realize the cherries have gone bad and the sprinkles are stale.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the square will hear the hourly chime until evening and start up around 10am. - To...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Hello canadiana1ca - I am the Woodmark Hotel's General Manager and wanted to reach out and thank you for your feedback and suggestions from your recent visit.

First - excellent to hear that multiple team members and a variety of our hotel amenities were meaningful during your stay at our East Seattle property.

However, I was very concerned about the experience and confusion that occurred with our Breakfast / Brunch operating hours in Beach Cafe. As a result of your comments we are gathering with our Food and Beverage leadership team to put in place steps to insure we make modifications to our operating hours and associated guest communication to insure no shortfalls in service for our travelers.

I am committed to remaining your Hotel of choice with so many other options in the Kirkland Washington Area. In this spirit - I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay and can be reached directly by phone at the Woodmark Hotel (your schedule permitting).

Thank you again for your input and patronage - we remain thankful for your business and look forward to discussing your experience further.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Start of our stay was great, friendly staff, very welcoming, nice room, quiet and beautiful lake view. However in the morning starting right at 8am we awoke to vibrations of a saw being used as well as the high pitch sound of a dremel tool being used by construction workers. We were told the "higher ups decided to keep the rooms open next to construction." Poor choice "higher ups." Such a nice hotel but was ruined by construction. $5 bill for food was removed from our tab though as an apology... Wait for construction and renovation to finish or ask to be placed as far away as possible from construction.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adam e

Hello Adam e,

Howard from the Woodmark in Kirkland Washington reaching out to express our thanks for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read your overall comments were positive about our property but was concerned that you were negatively impacted by our guest room refresh program.

Your business and patronage is incredibly important to us and I am committed to insuring we remain your Hotel of choice when traveling to the East Seattle area.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further in this regard and can be reached at 425-803-5565.

I look forward to connecting by phone and in the interim want to wish you an excellent weekend.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Staff was very helpful. They went extra miles to make our visit pleasant.
This waterfront hotel is very charming. Our stay was quiet and relaxing stay.
Dog lovers would enjoy walking your buddies along serene front of Lake Washington.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
#1 of 29 in Bellevue
Inn at the Market
#1 of 102 in Seattle
Downtown
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#4 of 102 in Seattle

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!