“Excellent stay - exceeded our expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa

Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Kamloops, Canada
“Excellent stay - exceeded our expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Got a great rate through Travelzoo and decided to give this property a try. We were greeted warmly and offered champagne to celebrate our arrival. Wonderful dinner at the Beach Cafe, then coffee by the fireplace in the lounge area. We only stayed one night but wish we could have spent longer and enjoyed the spa, lake view and other amenities. Will definitely be back!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you Tracy Loops and what a pleasure to read your comments about the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland.

As the Hotel's General Manager your feedback is both humbling and a blessing for our team of dedicated associates. Given so many choices in Lodging among East Seattle Hotels we are forever thankful for your business.

I look forward to seeing you on a future visit and in the interim wish you an excellent Holiday season!

Howard Jacobs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Lacey, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Our stay was very peaceful with a lovely view of Lake Washington. We enjoyed strolling local shops & marina. The lobby was particularly inviting to hang out in & the "midnight pantry" to raid between 11 pm & 1 am was a welcome treat. The Beach Café was very enjoyable for breakfast. The staff was excellent.

Room Tip: The only was to go is with a waterfront view.
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Though I was here for a meeting, this is clearly a great resort hotel, right on the water. The rooms are nice and big and though I could not make use of all the spa facilities, but there is a great running trail along the water.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BrainDoc90
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Wonderful staff, perfect location and amazing views of Lake Washington. Thank you for a wonderful stay and fun birthday celebration. I booked my stay with an inhouse reservation agent. Very refreshing to have an agent who actually works at the property instead of someone from a call center who is being rushed to get through calls. My wife and I enjoyed a classy champagne reception upon arrival that was indicitive of the level of service offered by the hotel. Easy check in and out and they even used our names.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny. Lakeview rooms are recommended. Pay the extra it is totally worth...
2 Thank H2O_Fr0st
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

The Woodmark is my favorite place to stay. When going to the Seattle area, my preference is not to stay right in the heart of Seattle, but a little further away which is a lot more peaceful and less chaotic. Location is right beside Lake Washington and the view cannot be beat. The two restaurants (Bin on the Lake...more formal and Beach Café...more casual) are fantastic and reasonably priced. The hotel is laid out like someone's beautiful home, with large living rooms and lots of leather couches to sit and read by the fireplace. The nightly 11:00pm "Raid the Pantry" is a fun and unique concept where there are lots of snacks, soups, and sandwiches available free to guests. People come down in their PJ's and bring up arms loads of goodies to munch on in their rooms. How fun! That alone is worth the stay. Only drawback is there is no pool, but otherwise it's the total experience. Beds are amazing and there is a choice of pillows. Slept, rested, and ate incredibly well there. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello Magnolia 3010 - Howard Jacobs reaching out from our Lake Washington Hotel to say thank you for your Trip Advisor comments about the Woodmark.

We are truly thankful for your patronage and as such took the opportunity to share your feedback with our leadership team today.

We hope to be of service to you in the future when your travels bring you to the Kirkland Washington area and in the interim wish you an excellent weekend!

White Salmon, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Woodmark Hotel-Yacht Club-Spa is located on the shores of Lake Washington in the city of Kirkland close to the 520 highway. They are a 4 star establishment with lake views and wonderful dining options and so much more. It is amazing that this property caters to dogs, but they even have their own dog ambassador at the front desk. I recently stayed for a 2nd time with my dogs at this luxury spot.

The dogs were greeted the moment we arrived. My 2 small dogs were in desperate need of some affection and a bathroom break after the long drive and the staff was prepared. I was allowed to run the dogs outback for a break and they were petted and pampered by the valet and front desk crew all before I checked in and my vehicle was valeted. They were made to feel welcome from the get go.

I have stayed here before with one dog and was familiar with the layout and the area. I was able to take my well behaved pups out on numerous walks untethered during my stay here. There is a walking path that is frequented by many just locals outside the rear of the hotel. The path follows the waterfront in many areas and makes for outstanding views of the lake and even a glimpse of the snow covered Olympic mountains in the distance if you get lucky!!

I ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the Beach Café over the 2 days that I stayed at this hotel.
The food, service, ambiance, and views were fantastic! I really enjoyed eating at this property. I was able to grab a leash and walk to the elevators without leashing up the dogs every time I needed to get them out for a potty break. My animals are well behaved and knew the routine well. Fortunately the property caters to pet owners and is dog friendly to say the least.

On several occasions the dogs would visit with other guests on our way in or out of the hotel. Most people would invite them to come over and visit. Several other guests had dogs as well. I was able to read by the fireplace on one occasion while my dogs played with other dogs and their owners or other guests. I really enjoy this property and am looking forward to staying their again soon!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a lake view for the best views!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ttocsnodrog_2000
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

From the moment you arrive the friendly and accommodating staff at the Woodmark make you feel welcome in every way. We love coming here any chance we can get away. This recent trip we brought along our dog and had a wonderful experience in this pet friendly resort and community. So relaxing!

Room Tip: If you plan to be in your room for periods of time during the day then lakeview room is the best.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Hello HeatherLot - Howard Jacobs from the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland, Washington reaching out to say thank you for the excellent feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are humbled and thankful to be your hotel of choice in the Lake Washington area and look forward to sharing your comments with our team of dedicated individuals today.

I hope to see you back at our East Seattle property in the near future and in the interim wish you an excellent week!

Howard Jacobs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Inn at the Market
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,960 reviews
Hotel 1000
#11 of 100 in Seattle
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,936 reviews

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!