“Excellent customer service, wonderful room”

Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
River Falls, Wisconsin, United States
“Excellent customer service, wonderful room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed recently and was so pleased with service. I was supposed to be in early but my flight was running late. Called hotel on my drive there and asked about dinner options (it was after 10 on a Sunday night). They said room service closed at 11 but that they would coordinate dinner. Placed order while driving, checked in, and 5 minutes later food showed up. Excellent cheese burger and a pound cake with blueberries and crumb topping that was exceptional. My room was clean and well maintained, as was the hotel. Had breakfast there the next morning and was equally impressed. I would highly recommend the Woodmark.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were visiting my son who had just moved to Kirkland. It's a lovely town situated along Lake Washington, and the Woodmark is right on the lake. We had a nice quiet room with a comfortable bed. The desk staff was very nice and accommodating. Room service was timely and accurate, and the restaurant recommended for dinner, Bin on the Lake, was absolutely fantastic. We used the spa for massages and it was delightful, and provides 20% off for hotel guests. The only problem we had, and it was very odd as we travel a lot and never encountered it before, was with the housekeeping staff. We were there 5 nights, and for the last 3 nights they removed our used towels and failed to replace them. We kept having to call and have them delivered to our room, and they delivered them without a bath mat for some reason. I don't know what the issue is, but it should be addressed by management because it was a strange mark on an otherwise nice hotel. Also, there is a salon right next door (can't remember the name)where I had the best wash and
style ever. Ask for Kelly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you MaryKate for the feedback about your visit to the Woodmark Hotel.

I am Howard Jacobs, the Hotel's General Manager and am so thankful the overall experience went well including the Salon appointment.

I do however want to apologize for the Housekeeping difficulties and can assure you we have reviewed your comments with our Leadership team to insure the room preparations in the future do not encounter this type of shortfall.

We remain so thankful to have you as a guest of our Lake Washington Hotel and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

In the interim have an excellent weekend!

FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I usually can find something to complain about as I am very picky - but I have to say there is NOTHING I can find to complain about regarding my stay at the Woodmark. Below are my notes about my experience - I say experience because the Woodmark folks really know how to make the environment and service perfect for the customer experience. I felt like each person that worked there that I encountered had deep understanding and empathy for what it feels like to be away from home for the whole week and they worked hard to make me feel at home. I truly felt at home and spoiled and it made the work week much easier. Okay now for details in order of my experience:
1) Check in - they knew my name and even offered complimentary champagne and promptly got me to my room w/ some extra waters after my long trip.
2) The Room - I had water view w/ king bed; The room was spotless. Very clean and very spacious. The bathroom also clean and deep tub. Lots of towels. The room had great connection for wi-fi and nice work space area. There was small balcony w/ small table overlooking the water. There were lots of snacks available to purchase right there in the room. Nice Keurig coffee machine. Mini fridge to store snacks or water/drinks.
3) Conference / business rooms; Roomy with options of built in projectors etc. Quiet (mostly) and close to restrooms and elevators.They provided continuous flow of bottled water. They made themselves available always for any extras or questions.
4) Catered lunch / breakfast - excellent with lots of choices for all folks attending. Well set up.
5) The beach cafe attached - I only tried this one time for a breakfast on the first day and it was pretty good breakfast - normal fare; eggs, bacon, potatoes etc.
6) The hotel has a downstairs bar and living area that is really really excellent for groups to hang out - it is large living room around / near the bar. There is a cozy fireplace and french doors that lead outside to the patio near /on the water. The bartender is very very attentive. The snacks for happy hour were very very tasty! We had sliders and lettuce wraps. Yum. We visited / hung out this area quite a bit for casual time and also used the couches to plug in laptops and get some quick work done when we tired of the conference room formality.
7) car service - the staff has valet guys on hand who can take you to local restaurants / locations. This was nice perk if you want to try nearby restaurants but dont feel like walking or driving. The staff always asked / offered this service - when they see you coming and going they ask if they can take you somewhere or help you with something.
8) They have a gym nearby - across the courtyard - I did not try it but I walked by it and my co worker tried it and I thought it looked nice and she say it was nice - the normal stuff.
9) They have a spa - I tried to get a pedicure but I waited too late and they were booked. I did look around inside the spa -it looked lovely and was a quiet sanctuary. I will reserve service for this next time.
10) Location - as I mentioned this place is right on the lake - you can walk / jog on trails nearby and it is just so lovely and safe and beautiful. The hotel is right in middle of a courtyard that has shops and other services; gym, deli etc. There is the marina with many boats as the hotel is yacht club. Nice docks to walk on.
10a) Business services - nice little area to use their computers to check flight info / print stuff out.
11) check out - I had to leave at 4am as I had early flight - the hotel wake up call was not the normal recorded voice but instead a real person making sure I was awake. Also when I came down to the lobby to wait for the car service the hotel staff chatted with me and kept me company and even provided some complimentary snacks for me since the breakfast place was not open that early. They were like old friends making sure I had all that I needed and were there to see me off.
12) Note on parking; I didnt' have a car but my friends did and they do have nice underground parking with elevator to the lobby.

That's all my notes... as I said - nothing negative at all. I have never felt so welcomed or cared about in a hotel. It was as if I was staying at a family run B&B or something. I would go back and stay there in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Get a water view = it is so worth it!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel is a gem and near a very high quality shopping center in Bellevue including cinema. Only 2.5 hours from Vancouver and we plan to visit again. The lake environment is very refreshing. The restaurant of Grande Bistro is opposite and has great food. Bin on the Lake is also nice but a little more expensive. The Beach Café is nicely facing the water. The hotel staff are very attentive and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Belmont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Staff are courteous and very friendly. Hotel is well maintained, always clean and orderly. Excellent place to stay. We love the raid the pantry every night. Coming from a hospitality background for 9 years, I am impressed with the staff, from the valet parking attendants, bell desk, front office all the way to housekeeping. The cafe has great food offering and great view of Lake Washington. We're extremely happy about our stay. Will be back soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Hello Marvin G - Howard Jacobs from the Woodmark Hotel on Lake Washington reaching out to say thank you.

Your positive comments truly made my day and I took the liberty of sharing this feedback with our team of dedicated professionals on property.

I am looking forward to having you back at our Kirkland WA Hotel and in the interim have an excellent weekend!

newberg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I just stayed there for our anniversary and couldnt have been more pleased with all aspects that this lovely property has to offer. We were greeted upon arrival with a glass of bubbles as well as a complimentary upgrade in our room. The staff at the front desk (Jeff, Darrin and all the others) were all very gracious in every way. The rooms very clean, tastefully decorated, comfortable and well appointed. We enjoyed the restaurant "Bin on the lake", our server Justyna was very knowledgable and kind. They have a great wine list with lots of treasures and the food was thoughtfully prepared. We will return!!

Room Tip: The Lake Washington suites are worth every penny!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
howard j, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
A quick thank you to the Newberg residents about the gracious comments on the Woodmark Hotel.

I enjoyed sharing your feedback with our Reception and Bin on the Lake Restaurant team and am truly thankful for your patronage.

We await your return to our Kirkland Washington Hotel in the near future and again many thanks for your time in posting on Trip Advisor.

Port Angeles, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Easy walking to downtown Kirkland. Beautiful location right on the lake.
Quiet rooms and attentive staff.
The restaurants were okay but nothing to really write home about.
We purchased a voucher on Travel Zoo to stay here which was a great value.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Inn at the Market
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#4 of 100 in Seattle
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,974 reviews

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!