“Beautiful View”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Louisville, Kentucky
“Beautiful View”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed here for my birthday. When I got to my window overlooking the water I was amazed at the beauty! Spacious room and a welcome gift of chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of wine. It was the best surprise ever! Around midnight they have a kitchen raid where you can go in and raid the kitchen! That was awesome! he only downfall is the gym was across the street. The restaurant is on the water and fabulous!

Room Tip: Choose a water view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
wmmanager, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
What a great idea to celebrate your birthday with us. It sounds like you enjoyed the experience including our Raid the Pantry feature. This complimentary amenity has continued to be a very popular activity for our guests.

We look forward to you spending your next birthday with us.

John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Through living social we got a chance to stay at the Woodmark. What a beautiful setting right on Lake Washington. About a 15 minute walk to Kirkland where there are nice shops and restaurants and a park. Back to the hotel it is luxurious has a starbucks good parking the beach cafe had a delicious breakfast. There is also guest parking for boats in front of the hotel.
They had a big Easter egg hunt for the children and the hotel accomodates large and small dogs with paths to walk them on. A wonderful environment for all ages. We were seniors.

Room Tip: Bed a little too firm for us. Ask for water view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank judyr758
Thanks for sharing your comments on your stay with us. You were here on the weekend we celebrate Easter with our large Easter Egg Hunt. The children look forward to this event every year.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed March 30, 2013

From the second I checked in, I was treated like the most important person in the world. I was welcomed by name. My room was incredible, and the view was first rate. I slept well, and the shower was awesome! Room service was quick and delicious. I've never enjoyed a stay more!

Room Tip: Any room will be one of the best stays of your life.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at the Woodmark for the first time while I was in Kirkland on business. The group I was with arranged accommodations for me. I was immediately impressed by the professionalism of the staff. They called me by name, looked me in the eye when they spoke with me, and smiled. Each time I passed the front desk they acknowledged me and asked how I was and if there was anything they could do for me. The room was beautiful. It was very clean and inviting. I thought the bed was very comfortable and wanted to pack up the mattress and take it home with me. I loved the bathroom and thought the ceiling showerhead was fantastic. The soaps and shampoos were of a very high quality which was greatly appreciated. I had never heard of this hotel before, but I loved it so much that I am planning a return visit with my husband in the near future.

Room Tip: They are all good. I was traveling with a group of 6 and each one of us got a room that was slightl...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
wmmanager, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your comments with the readers of Trip Advisor. We are so glad your group choose our hotel for their meeting. It's great that your experience was will bring you and your husband back when you're in town.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed March 27, 2013

First of all, this is a lovely hotel... but our experience involved a few hiccups, so I'm only rating it 4 stars.

BEDROOM/LIVING AREA:
--We were in a King suite, and had 1 young adult on the sofa sleeper. We had to call the front desk to get an extra blanket and pillows for the sofa sleeper. We found it odd these items were not stashed in the large closet (there was ample space).
--The room is quite large, and there is a nice sitting area with desk, TV, etc. There was also a large dresser to unpack personal items -- nice to have.
--We had to move nightstands next to the King bed to get to the plug-ins for charging phones overnight (one of my pet peeves in this day and age).
--The King bed was quite hard (we've stayed at chain hotels and experienced much more comfortable beds). For the price point, we were surprised at this.
--The other issue we had was with the bedding. There was a sheet and a VERY lightweight bedspread on the bed, with one VERY lightweight blanket at the foot of the bed. It's not summertime, and this is Seattle... we were very frustrated with the lack of warm bedding.
--The front desk provided a key for the 'mini-bar' but after opening the 'bar', found that it was a key to an empty fridge. Nice to have the space for personal items, but really, no need for a key.

BATHROOM:
--The bathroom is in the King bedroom behind closed doors, so if you have someone sleeping in the other room, they'll need to go through your bedroom to use the restroom in the middle of the night -- not something we were expecting.
--The bathroom was very small (definitely not enough room for 2 people), but clean and modern.
--There was a tub/shower combination, and the rainfall shower head was quite nice.

STAFF:
--The front desk staff and the valet employees were all EXTREMELY professional and polite. Champagne upon check-in, water bottles when leaving for the day -- nice touch.

All in all, a beautiful hotel and we'd stay here again if the price matched the experience/expectation (and if they upgraded their beds!)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank napa_sun
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate getting comments from our guests so we can work to improve upon our products and service. I plan to review your comments with our management team in an effort to address your valid points.

We look forward to seeing you when you come back to Kirkland.

Springfield, Oregon
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel and waterfront are great, and the service from the front desk was extraordinary. After a minor glitch (probably my fault) the staff handled the problem in a professional manner. Over all a pleasant experience. I plan on another stay on my return to Kirkland. Rooms are modern and very clean. Fully stocked refrigerator. The breakfast was very good in the hotel. Pantry raid at 11 P.M was worth staying up for. Great munchies. Highly recommend! (stayed 23@24 Mar).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I appreciate hearing comments regarding our team. They work very hard to provide our guests with excellent service.
I'm glad you had a chance to experience our Raid the Pantry amenity. It always surprises me when I see how many guests stay up to enjoy our late night snack in our lobby.

Would love to see you again when you travel back to Seattle.

Seattle
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I took my daughter , who turned 21, to the Woodmark for a special week end. We were NOT disappointed. The accommodations were fabulous and the staff were wonderful. This was a splurge for me and the Woodmark only enhanced the experience. I had called a few days prior to ask the cost to upgrade the room to a suite and decided that the cost was not affordable for me. When we checked in my daughter was wished Happy Birthday and offered a glass of Champagne. Then when we arrived at our room and opened the door we were greeted with a balcony suite room overlooking the lake! Then there was a knock on the door and room service delivered a complimentary bottle of wine, glasses and a plate with chocolate truffles on it with a card and Happy Birthday written in chocolate script across the plate. Quite wonderful! In addition, the rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable, the linens soft, the bathroom tub great for soaking and room service was quick. Lastly, the unpredictable weather of the PNW even delivered. Thanks to the Woodmark we had nothing less than a perfect weekend for a college kid and her mom. Your staff deserve kudos for making us feel welcome and special.

Room Tip: We were in Suite 401 which looked directly over the lake and was at the center of a V of rooms. Qui...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lise A
We were so delighted to hear that you choose our hotel to celebrate your daughters 21st birthday with us. Our pastry chef spends time each day creating our amenity plates so we're glad that you enjoyed our home made chocolate truffles.

So nice that the weather cooperated as well.

John
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
Inn at the Market
#1 of 100 in Seattle
Salish Lodge & Spa
#1 of 2 in Snoqualmie

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!