“If I can't be home, this is where I want to be!”

Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Having just come from the noise, intensity and hustle & bustle of New York, stepping into the Woodmark was as enchanting as entering the land of Oz! The kindness and gentility began with a welcome from the doorman, and a glass of champagne from the concierge. How civilized! Our room as very comfortable, with a view out onto Lake Washington not to be rivaled. The serenity of the locale enhanced the great night's sleep. To be able to work in the business center, and still feel pampered, is an experience I'd like to repeat.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of Lake Washington are a special treat.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
wmmanager, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

We're so glad you enjoyed your recent stay at the Woodmark. The views onto the lake from our rooms are a change from New York. It's nice to know you're visit has inspired you to return. We look forward to that opportunity.

There are newer reviews for Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We live in WA and stayed at the Woodmark for a Valetine's weekend. Upon arrival they immediatley greeted as at Valet and invited us in. Welcome, Hello, Glad you are here, WOW and then 2 glasses of champagne to toast our arrival, what a greeting.One gentleman told us about their complimentary valet into Bellevue or Kirkland, this is a really nice amenity for those who want to explore, shop and not drink and drive! Our room looked at the lake, was well stocked with all types of amenities and had a refridgerator/bar well stocked with lots of items. We especially liked the 'martini' tray and instructions to go with. The bed was wonderful, soaking tub really large with Molten Brown ammenities. We did not use the Spa as we did not have anough time but would like to try next time. We indulged in one of the best room service breakfasts we have ever had. Hot, fresh local bites with a giant pitcher of coffee and cream. The gentleman who delivered it was funny, warm and went out of his way to ensure what we ordered was just perfect. Check out was a breeze, car was delivered quickly and we can't wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: A suite with a balcony is a perfect summer room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
wmmanager, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

It appears that you had a great stay with us this past Valentine's. And thanks for taking the time to mention the service you received. Our team members really enjoy hearing from our guests when they have had a great experience. They are always reading our reviews to see what our guests are saying about our property.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Woodmark on Saturday, Feb. 9. What a treat! The location is perfect, on the water. We were greeted with a complimentary glass of bubbly. The suite was incredibly spacious and comfortable.. The staff were amazing; they couldn't do enough for us. We asked if they could assist with a dinner reservation and one of the front desk staff, Mike, must have made at least 6 phone call, trying to find a Saturday night table. Eventually, he got us a table at the neighboring Bistro. I wish we had been able to stay longer and enjoy the Spa. We also have to give special thanks to Brandi, who helped us with our reservations and arranged for the suite. A definite A+.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your last stay with us. Thanks for mentioning some of the team members that assisted you with your dinner and lodging reservations. They always appreciate hearing the news when our guests are happy with their experience.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you’re in Kirkland.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was my first time visiting the Seattle area on business and I had only one night at the Woodmark. I was extremely impressed with the hotel, the setting on the lake, as well as the outstanding and friendly service. The young lady at the front desk, Alex, left a very positive impression. After traveling all day, it was so refreshing to have such a friendly person greet me at check-in. She was very professional, efficient and provided exceptional service.

Since I arrived so late, I decided to just order room service. Again, the service and quality of the meal was exceptional. The salmon filet was perfectly prepared...as good as I've ever had. Also, the local wine suggested by the hotel paired very well with the salmon.

The next morning the excellent service continued. Due to an early business meeting, I was actually very short on time for breakfast. When the server in the restaurant learned I was pressed for time, he said not to worry and he expedited my order without any hesitation, promptly delivered the bill with my meal and even poured me a To-Go cup of coffee.... A very nice touch and completely unexpected.

When I went to check out, Alex was again there to greet me with the same friendly, happy demeanor as she had the night before. Just great customer service all around!!! You can really tell that consistent and excellent customer service is a top priority at this hotel.

When I told my wife and kids about the great "gem" I found on the lake, we are now planning to come back to the Woodmark for a longer personal stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

We're so glad you choose the Woodmark for your latest business trip. Our lakeside setting provides the perfect respite after a day of meetings for sure. Thanks so much for acknowledging Alex's service. She works very hard to provide that professional, yet personal service touch.

We look forward to seeing you and your family in the future. We have many fun things planned for this summer if your plans include Kirkland.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I organized a corporate retreat at this hotel and experienced an extremely high level of service. The hotel meeting rooms are beautiful, but it's the staff who truly shine. From bell services to the bar staff to the front desk staff and the managers for each of the meeting areas we used- I continued to be impressed at each interaction. The staff call you by name and were truly a joy to work with. The views from the meeting rooms were truly spectacular, right on Lake Washington, and are so appreciated (when most corporate meeting rooms are windowless) since you spend a good deal of each day in meetings. The rooms were elegant and very clean and there are many spaces for guests to use throughout the property. I highly recommend this hotel for business or personal vacation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review with the readers of Trip Advisor. We're so glad you choose us for your corporate retreat. And thanks for sharing your thoughts on the service you received from our team. They are so happy when they get recognized by our guests.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed for just one night but was very impressed. Everything from check in to check out was perfect. Welcome glass of sparkling wine, super friendly staff, very comfortable beds, and nicely furnished rooms. It was great to have the free shuttle service into Kirkland which allows for a meal out or shopping trip without having to drive. I look forward to returning. Maybe next time I will get a view of the lake. This time it didn't matter since my stay was so short. One thing I would recommend is to ease up on the wine prices in the restaurant. Although your selection is large, I noticed a glass of my favorite Pinot Noir for $20 for a 6 ounce pour. The full bottle sells for about $20 in a retail store which makes the mark up quite unreasonable. Most other wines were grossly overpriced. I would think more people would dine in the restaurant if the mark up was more reasonable.

1  Thank LocoTravelers
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed there over the new years holiday and found it to be a keeper for us. Normally we we stay right in downtown Bellevue but for the 5 minute drive or else a complimentary shuttle ride, you can be in Bellevue in a snap.

The hotel a boutique feel to it even though is could handle a large number of guests. The minute you enter the property, every employee you pass will acknowledge you like you are a regular patron. Check in was a breeze, the rooms were cute and if you are lucky enough to have a lake view you will enjoy the views and tranquility. The location is close to the main street area of Kirkland where there are an abundance of little shops and restaurant or else if you like the big mall and big name restaurants in Bellevue just as easily.

This will definatley be a regular stop whenever we go back to the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks so much for sharing your experience at the Woodmark Hotel. We purchased the SUV last year to escort guests for convenience and added service.

Please join us again whenever you come back to the area.

John

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
#1 of 29 in Bellevue
Inn at the Market
#1 of 102 in Seattle
Downtown
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#4 of 102 in Seattle

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!