“Reservation disconnect through KAYAK” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
San Rafael, California
“Reservation disconnect through KAYAK”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

I should preface the poor review with a comment that everyone involved at the hotel was polite, friendly and professional. Otherwise, I would have had to provide a terrible review. Unfortunately, my experience resulted in a reservation not being ready for me when I arrived.

While it was not at all made clear to me why I didn't have a reservation, I made a few post-visit email exchanges and phone calls. It was shared with me that when you make a reservation with KAYAK or other third party vendors, the transaction is sent to the property by fax. It is from this fax that the property will enter it in for a reservation. Unfortunately, the fax got mixed with a pile of papers and never made it to the front desk. A little archaic if you ask me, but none the less, when I arrived late one night I found that I was stuck in that classic Seinfeld episode, "See, you know how to take the reservation, you just don’t know how to *hold* the reservation and that’s really the most important part of the reservation, the holding."

While I was assured this was a one-time mistake, I don't have any incentive to come back. I kind of need a place that doesn't make these kind of mistakes.

My preferred experiences have been with the Heathman so I will continue to go there on my weekly travels to Kirkland.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank Brian B
wmmanager, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent reservation experience at our property. I want to apologize for not holding your reservation in our system. I recognize this is not the service you come to expect from our hotel. As a result of this issue we have instituted a new policy regarding third party vendor reservations. We look forward to seeing you the next time you’re in Kirkland.

John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
White Rock, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

We stayed at the Woodmark for one night in a room with a partial view of the lake. We had purchased the B&B package and were pleased with all aspects of our stay. The hotel staff at the front desk was pleasant and helpful, and the welcoming glass of champagne was a nice touch. With the B&B package we took advantage of the valet parking and a excellent breakfast at the Beach Club Cafe. We also enjoyed fabulous drinks at the Beach Club cafe before heading off to our evening event. Overall the staff, the service, the amenities were all outstanding. We hope to return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
wmmanager, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Thank you for writing into TripAdvisor and sharing your experience with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service at the front desk and in our Beach Cafe. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Blaine, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

We stayed at the Woodmark for one night in January in a partial lake view room with a king size bed. The entire experience from check in to departure was fantastic. The staff was very courteous, the room was elegant, the bed and bedding were the height of luxury, and the snacks in the lobby after 11:00 PM were a really nice touch. We highly recommend this hotel, and will definitely stay here again. The location is only 3 miles from Bellevue Square and a short drive to the many wine tasting rooms in Woodinville. Don't miss Januik Winery, and for dinner we recommend Maggiano's in Bellevue.

1 Thank Michael L
We're so glad you enjoyed your experience at the Woodmark. Many of our guests have commented on the comfort of our beds and the quality of our bedding. We hope to see you the next time you visit Kirkland.

lacey, wa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

I last posted in August about my reservation being given to someone else and never actually getting to stay at the hotel. When I complained to the hotel, they did send me complimentary stay certificates that I wasn't' planning to use cause I was so mad at the poor service I had received at the hotel the first time. But...I did use the free stay. *grin*

My over night stay, two weeks ago, went flawlessly. We were in Seattle celebrating my husbands birthday, so I figured we'd stay over night at the Woodmark, and if they kicked us out again (having "over booked") my husband could be with me to tell them off (I'm not normally very confrontational. lol)
When we arrived a valet instantly came to get our car (unlike my last experience when no one was around), front desk service was flawless, our room was exactly what I expected and everything was lovely and extremely comfortable.
We had yummy little treats and champagne waiting for us (it was a birthday stay after all). Later in the evening we got room service and it arrived promptly and was delicious.

The next morning we visited one of the little restaurants for breakfast and just enjoyed an overall relaxing and comfortable time.

All the staff that assisted us were very friendly and competent and we had no problems at all.
Go figure:-)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Carnation, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

We were fortunate enough to stay in a corner suite with a balcony. This room was beautiful. I could not stop looking outside and all I saw was a gorgeous sunset and beautiful boats on the late. The Jacuzzi tub is nice and the bathroom is spacious. The hotel is very quite, there is not a lot around here. It's a long walk to "downtown Kirkland". The also have a boat and kayaks there that you can go out on the lake with or take a cruise! Really beautiful place....much better than other Kirkland Hotels.

Room Tip: The Library Bar is a nice place to unwind at the end of the day. Sit on the balcony each morning wi...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Kirkland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

Our stay at the Woodmark was absolutely amazing. From our sincere greeting, including a glass of champagne handed to us while checking in, to "Woody" the resident welcoming labradoodle, our one night stay was the perfect respite from our cold home with no power. The staff remembered our names each and every time we encountered them and were some of the most welcoming people in the business. As someone who has traveled over 150,000 miles in the passed year our "hometown" hotel surpassed most of the very best hotels in the nation with exceptional service and ammenties. We have already recommended this fabulous hotel to our friends and will continue to do so. Thanks again to all at the Woodmark for their exceptional service!

1 Thank TheBeachKirkland
Snoqualmie Pass, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

my husband and I had a wonderful one night stay recently at the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland. We even got to have our dog stay with us! It was our anniversary, so the special champagne and desert tray in our room was a delightful surprise. The convenience of good restaurants, two connected to this lakefront hotel, was an added bonus on a very rainy night! Everything about our stay was perfect! a perfect setting for a great walk on the morning along the lake too! We highly recommend !

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
wmmanager, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2012
We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your Anniversary stay with your dog at the Woodmark Hotel. One of the amenities we have for our anniversary couples includes champagne and homemade cupcakes. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Kirkland.

John
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Inn at the Market
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,960 reviews
Hotel 1000
#11 of 100 in Seattle
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,937 reviews

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!