“A+”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
University Place, Washington
“A+”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

The staff was courteous and hospitable, there was a warm,inviting atmosphere as soon as we walked in through the door and our room had a great view overlooking the lake! everything was very clean and well kept and the food at the beach cafe was delicious and affordable; great assortment of micro beers. We ordered the three course dinner package which was spot on. The dog at the entrance made the place feel like home. The mini bar in the room was fully stocked and even displayed how to make the perfect martini! Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view! I think they all have a view of the lake.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Burien, WA
Reviewed December 3, 2011

I had never made Kirkland, WA a destination spot before last week when my boyfriend and I stay the night at the Woodmark Hotel. The Woodmark is original, yet classy. The front desk staff was very helpful and prompt, getting us checked in quickly and suggesting a dinner spot after mentioning we were hungry. The rooms were warm and came stocked with complimentary waters. We also had a beautiful view of Lake Washington from our window (one of many). We dined in the Beach Cafe for both dinner and breakfast-Very yummy!

Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Woodmark! The service was superb: staff was friendly, professional, and had an uncanny way of anticipating our needs. I loved the vibe here! It was luxurious, but laid back (they have a dog =) and the colors and fireplaces made this place very warm and welcoming. The rooms were awesome too! The bedding was divine and the two shower heads were soooooooo nice! While I was very satisfied with my stay, I do have a couple of complaints:
1. The exterior could use some freshening up. While it does match the understated vibe of the hotel, it should be distinguishable from the adjacent office buildings.
2. The fitness center was located all of the way across the parking garage, in the basement of an office building. Not only was this inconvenient, but the dark, deserted hallways were a bit eerie. Moreover, the equipment, while abundant, was a bit old and cramped.
The verdict: The Woodmark has exceptional service, superb rooms, and is well-located. I would love to return!

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We purchased a groupon deal to stay at the Woodmark, I would be willing to pay full price to stay here! Everything was superb! From check in to check out, our stay was one of the best I have experienced. We travel frequently, so I know good service and amenities.

Room Tip: If you are going to be in Kirkland at a sunny time of year, I would highly recommend upgrading to a...
1 Thank Lambo058
Olympia, WA
Reviewed November 14, 2011

At first glance, this hotel could be a solid 3 star, as far as amenities and rooms go and would be a value for the price at that. But the staff at Woodmark are exceptional, and really make you feel welcome. Add to this little unique touches like a "make your own martini bar" in every room, and "raid the pantry" where free snacks and food are placed out for complimentary late night snacks, and you end up thinking of the Woodmark as a boutique hotel with its own special personality. The beds and bathroom linens are top notch, and the bathroom with a soaking tub large enough for two is luxurious. My husband and I stayed here for a date night renewal, and our expectations were exceeded. We even received complimentary champagne up on check-in. If you are looking for the price of a less expensive hotel but the luxury and customer service of a 4-5 star place, then I would recommend the Woodmark wholeheartedly.

california
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We just spent two nights at the Woodmark and can't say enough about it. Wonderful hotel on the water in Kirkland. Its the staff that really set it apart and especially Lee at the front desk. Thankyou for making our sisters 70th a special day. Check out the suites!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Mill Valley, CA
Reviewed November 4, 2011

The Woodmark is a first rate hotel in a gorgeous spot right on Lake Washington. Our room looked directly over the Lake and I really enjoyed the view. Unfortunately, it was very chilly so I didn't spend much time on the balcony. The room was comfortable and the staff was very friendly. Our breakfast at their Beach Cafe was adequate, but nothing special. The high point of our stay was walking along the lake and the marina; it's so pretty! I'm looking forward to returning and taking that boat ride.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
#1 of 29 in Bellevue
Downtown
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#3 of 101 in Seattle
Grand Hyatt Seattle
#6 of 101 in Seattle

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!