“Lovely spot”

Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Reviewed November 4, 2011

The Woodmark is a first rate hotel in a gorgeous spot right on Lake Washington. Our room looked directly over the Lake and I really enjoyed the view. Unfortunately, it was very chilly so I didn't spend much time on the balcony. The room was comfortable and the staff was very friendly. Our breakfast at their Beach Cafe was adequate, but nothing special. The high point of our stay was walking along the lake and the marina; it's so pretty! I'm looking forward to returning and taking that boat ride.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa

Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stayed here recently during a business trip and really enjoyed it.
The staff were really friendly, my room was comfortable and the facilities were excellent.
I was on a business trip to Bellevue, but chose to stay in Kirkland, and I'm really glad I did as it was such a peaceful location, with stunning views across Lake Washington.
I used the gym on one occasion, which was pretty good, and also went for a run along the lake. I had breakfast in the Bistro one morning - great service and amazing sunrise over the lake.
I wished I could have extended my trip over the weekend, as there seems to be lots of activities to do around Kirkland, and a trip to the hotel's spa would've been nice. There's always next time...

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed and The Woodmark Hotel for his birthday in late October. By the end of our stay, the only thing we could think is that we didn't want to leave. Everything was wonderful. All of the staff that we came into contact with were amazing. The hotel and the grounds surrounding it were beautiful. The bed in the room was so comfortable and you can't beat the view! I would encourage you to check out this place out!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
wmmanager, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2011

GFreeman,

We're so glad to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your stay at the Woodmark. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

September 28th 2011 we arrived for a weekend stay we were greeted when we pulled in and had help with our luggage. The staff were excellent. They are young but they knew their business. Everyone was a great help from the moment of our arrival. Our room was upgraded( no charge ) with a fantastic view of the lake. We took their private two hour boat excursion of Lake Washington and Lake Union and it was well worth the money. We would say you are missing out if you don't stay here. Great clam chowder also. Larry & Karren Franckowiak

Room Tip: Get a room that over looks the lake!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
wmmanager, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Karren,

We're so glad you enjoyed your recent stay at the Woodmark. The views from our waterfront rooms this fall have yielded some incredible sunsets over the lake toward Seattle. And a ride on the Woodmark 2 is a great way to see the sights including Lake Union. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

Was down for a business trip. Upon arrive I was told my room was not ready yet.

Told the front desk that I will return later on after my meeting and dinner plans in Bellvue. When I returned I was told there will be no room available but they booked a room for me in Bellvue.

It was a waste of my time and gas because I just came back from Bellvue. Frustrated and tired I had to drive all the way back to Bellvue to run into more problems checking in at the new hotel where they were overbooked as well.

• Stayed: October 2011
13  Thank MiLLz85
wmmanager, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

I'd like to apologize for overbooking your reservation. We recognize the impact this had on your stay. We are working on a new procedure to avoid this in the future. I look forward to the opportunity of having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

We live in Bothell WA less than 10 miles from Carillon Point.
For my birthday, we booked a packaged including a boat trip to a Huskie game.
It was the first time we stayed at the Woodmark and we upgraded to a room facing the lake with a small balcony.
The Huskies won and the sunset was one of the best. You can see the lake,Seattle and the Olympics.
The room was fresh, clean, comfortable, and perfect for relaxing and enjoying the evening. The dining choices are some of the best in all of the Seattle area.
It was a really nice weekend and we will return.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
wmmanager, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience at the Woodmark Hotel. We're so happy you enjoyed the Husky Cruise on your birthday. The sunset you refer to was one of the best I've seen on the lake this year.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

I booked an anniversary stay at the Woodmark and made reservations well in advance for their "Spin the Bottle" promotion. Sadly, after we checked into our room, we had to call the front desk about where the "Spin the Bottle" was. We were informed that they were going to send it up. Instead, they send up and very small bottle of cheapo wine. We called back down to the front desk and was informed that they ran out of "Spin the Bottle" bottles and that they would mail it to us. (1) Kinda ruined our special anniversary game; (2) We never rec'd in the mail the bottle. Sadly, we don't have the oppt. to get out very often without the kiddos, so this night was a bit of a disappointement as this was the whole point of booking the reservation - to celebrate our anniversary. Not even one mention of "Happy Anniversary."

Room Tip: They don't appear to "upgrade" at all.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
15  Thank Catherine007007
wmmanager, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I'd like to apologize for not making your anniversary special. We pride ourselves on going above and beyond for each guest, however, we did not deliver that service promise in your case. We would like to have the chance to connect with you in the future in hopes of restoring your faith in us.

Regards,
John

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
#1 of 29 in Bellevue
Inn at the Market
#1 of 102 in Seattle
Downtown
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#4 of 102 in Seattle

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!