“Might want to skip the lake view”

Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
New York City
“Might want to skip the lake view”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

This is a nice hotel, with a boutique feel, a bit off the beaten path for a Seattle visit. Forget public transportation and just park the rental car in the underground garage. There is access to a fitness facility somewhere within the complex where the hotel is located. Walking/running options offer limited waterfront access, best to head towards the main road and join the party of fellow ambulators.

Now about the view...my room (and my colleague's room) faced a courtyard that was used for a wedding/reception and another event over the weekend. We were treated to microphone-projected speeches, music, and people talking until the wee hours of the morning. Basically, it meant little rest. I was too bleary-eyed to enjoy the spectacular lake views in the mornings. If you crave peace & quiet, skip the lake view room. You can walk out and join the revelers if you are inspired.

They try to do a good job. The rooms are well-appointed. The hotel dog is adorable and the staff eager to please.

Room Tip: Check the wedding & event schedule before booking a room overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank OutWanderin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
san jose, ca
Reviewed August 8, 2011

From the check in process where we were warmly welcomed and offered a glass of champagne, to the end of our stay 4 days later, everything was fantastic. We had our family of 4 staying in a 2q room, and the beds were actually queens, not doubles like some hotels try and pass off as queens. Our room overlooked Lake Washington and the view was beautiful. We heard nothing from either side of our room nor down the hall. While not being a huge room, there was still plenty of room for all of us. It's a pretty easy walk from here to downtown Kirkland with lots of restaurants and shops. We did the boat tour one afternoon which was a cool way to see a different side of the Seattle area. Highly recommend this hotel. Our kids were made to feel welcome and not looked down upon at all.

Room Tip: waterfront room is worth the extra. Look for deals on travelzoo
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Previous reviews have included wonderful remarks like " Outstanding Service", Magnificent Views", Wonderful Property".......well, they are all true.
My wife and I just celebrated our 30th anniversary there and had a wonderful weekend. Splurge for a lakefront balcony don't be one of those travelers who claim they only use the hotel for sleeping. This hotel is on a nice piece of property where you can enjoy the sun, short stroll or long walks or runs into Kirkland Marina. A couple of nice restaurants and even a Starbucks across the street. You are set for a romantic time, of course it helps to have gorgeous weather like we did.

• Stayed July 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The hotel was beautiful and right on Lake Washington. The rooms were immaculate - we had a king suite and there was plenty of space. The bedroom and the living area both had large flat screen TVs and we had a little balcony that 2 people could sit out on overlooking the Lake. The bathroom was my favorite - beautiful tile, awesome rain shower, and great products to use. The staff was super friendly and made us feel so welcome. They have a mini labra-doodle as a hotel mascot - Woody. Woody was so cute!! We ate lunch at one of their restaurants and the food and service were great!! I would definitely stay here again in the future! NOT A SINGLE COMPLAINT!!

Room Tip: Request a King Suite with a balcony overlooking Lake Washington
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Really beautiful hotel on Lake Washington. My room had a magnificent view. The room was large, well appointed and the amenities were first class. I only stayed one night for a half day business meeting, but if I am back in the Kirkland area anytime in the future I will return to the Woodmark.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
wmmanager, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Russ,

We're so glad you enjoyed your last stay with us. The views on the Lake from your room are hard to beat, especially this time of year. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town.

John
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 4, 2011

This is probably now my go-to place whenever I come to the Seattle area. I was familiar with the property having been to various events at the hotel or in the area but never stayed here. So when they had a summer promotional offer I went for it.

You do feel a bit like you are at a resort which is something you don't really find in the greater Seattle area. The lake front setting is so serene, the grounds meticulously manicured, the little extras really great.

Highlights:
*Service! Seriously this is more like a 5 star hotel when it comes to that. The staff is amazing, very accommodating, knowledgeable, etc. I have to send a special shout out to Amy at the front desk who when I arrived I had the wrong kind of room (may have been my error not sure as I booked online). In any case, Amy was quick to find me a replacement room type, called to ensure it met my standards and was very personable and professional with all my questions about the property.
*Parking- Very secure and easy in and out. Yes you pay $12 a day but trust me that is not unreasonable for the area.
*Very cool the little things, like bike rentals (free), kayak rentals (free), boat tour (not free but reasonable and a wood Chris-Craft, beautiful). The "raid the pantry" is also a cool idea as well as free coffee out in the AM and chilled water everywhere. Even the ice machine has prepacked bags of ice, no need to schlep your bucket with you.
*Dog friendly - I did not bring my dog but I loved the fact I could but I also was with a non-dog person who did not feel like the place had been taken over by the dogs. It's very low key in that way. Woody is also a great addition to the staff.
*Rooms were very clean and bedding great. I especially like they have full size Molton Brown bath products in your room. Sure you don't have some small sample size to take home but seriously, how many of those do you need? I liked the fact they have nice products and plenty of it.
*Nice HD TV with a good variety of stations.
*Free wireless and a couple nice PCs to use in the lobby as well.
*If your budget allows, go for the lake front rooms with the balcony. Amazing views and just peaceful and relaxing to watch boats go by, sea planes, etc.
*Housekeeping (early if you want). I love it when a hotel has the ability for you to put your sign out to request your room to be made up and poof, I was gone to the gym came back and room was done.

Things To Know:
*Fitness Center - It belongs to the building but you have full access to it (5am - 9pm daily). It is a little cramped with equipment and some of it older but it does the trick. Besides you are surrounded by gorgeous bike, hike and run trails so you can certainly do that as well.
*Weddings - This is a popular spot for weddings (can see why). Personally I loved this (you get a sneak peak at the wedding) and I never felt like the hotel was noisy (quite the opposite in face).
*Restaurants - I only tried the Beach Cafe. It's a great setting and the food was so-so. I would not rate it outstanding but it was decent and price was comparable for the area. The Seattle area has such great culinary places so I recommend you get out and try some when you can.
*Mini bar in room - totally stocked with all sorts of goodies, however, most places are getting away from this and providing an empty fridge to keep a few things in. I prefer this approach but that's just me.

Overall I LOVED this place, will be back and will highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank flygalaz
Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your latest experience with us. We really appreciate hearing that you enjoyed our staff, our mascot Woody, and the views from our lakefront rooms. We look foward to welcoming you the next time you're in town.

John
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We enjoyed our stay recently at the Woodmark hotel which has a nice location right beside the lake with no road between your room and the water. Even though the weather the day we were there was not good it was still nice to look out on a water view from our bed. The staff was friendly and everything was clean. Kirkland is not a location we'd normally ever consider for a short getaway but the Woodmark's location right on the lake made it seem like we were far away from home even though we weren't really.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Inn at the Market
Kimpton Alexis Hotel
#5 of 100 in Seattle
Salish Lodge & Spa
#1 of 2 in Snoqualmie

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!