“had our wedding here.”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kirkland
Redmond, WA
“had our wedding here.”
Reviewed November 10, 2007

We held our wedding in one of their parlor suites over looking the lake. We requested extra chairs and ice buckets which were promptly provided on check-in. I had arranged for a plate of appetizers from the restaurant to be sent up to the room and these were first rate as was the celebratory dinner later in the downstairs restaurant. They have a new chef and food is excellent. Everything was peaceful, beautiful and excellent service. The only quibble was that the heating system was extemely noisy at night.

• Liked — View, beautiful decor, quiet
  • Disliked — noisy heating ducts
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2007

Just a few miles outside Seattle, Kirkland is a nice plae to stay that enebles you to get around the area without the nightmare that is te day to day traffic.

The hotel is well built and laid out. We liked our room and it was decent value for money. The service was keen, although at times rather poorly advised...the staff are mostly young and do not really know much about the area. Had a great (free) cruise on the lake on their boat...a nice extra.

• Liked — boat cruise
  • Disliked — poor concierge advice
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bay Area, California
Reviewed July 10, 2007

Checked into the Woodmark and was made to pay a higher rate than I reserved the room at. I did not have the specific documentation at the time to prove my rate, so they would not honor my reserved rate. The front desk personnel were not particularly helpful with the whole matter. (I sent them an email about this with the supporting email reservation confirmation, but have not heard back yet; perhaps it takes them more than 24 hours to respond to an email). I must stay starting off with my first stay on that foot did not set the best tone.

The inside of the room was very nicely decorated and in very good condition and well maintained. The bed, while soft, felt like you were sleeping on a strange incline sloping from the center to the sides. Also, I personally didn't care for the large liquid soap dispensers that are not changed between guests with the cheesy warning of a $25 charge if pilfered; but maybe it's more ecologically friendly than replacing those little shampoo bottles and bars of hand soap all the time.

Reserved a "creekside" room type. The window looked out at some foliage but a big part of the view was the top of the gravel-covered roof of the structure below which was littered with cigarette butts and odd wads of paper. Other than the nit about litter on the roof, this not really a complaint given you can get a similar poor view at any hotel unless you pay extra for a premium view.

Had breakfast at the restaurant downstairs. Service was fine, poached eggs were overdone and cold, everything else was pretty good, and the coffee was very good.

Overall a nice place in a picturesque location, but the attention to detail and service is not as good as I’ve experienced at the top-tier hotels.

• Liked — Nice Location
  • Disliked — Service Could be Better
  • Stayed July 2007
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed June 7, 2007

The property is lovely and the beds are very comfortable. Staff was friendly. There were a two main things that disappointed me about the Woodmark.
1) My shower had not been cleaned before I checked into my room.
2) The gym closes early - at 9 pm - this seems very early when one is traveling for business.
3) Room service menu is very sparse - again - a bit annoying when one is working late and doesn't have dinner options.
While there there were pluses to the Woodmark, I think I'd opt for something that is more business-friendly next time I am in the Kirkland area.

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank Plantriptoday
Gresham, Oregon
Reviewed May 19, 2007

Wonderful location, nice comfortable room, large bathroom, beautiful view of lake. Only complaint was that we brought our four month old daughter, and the 'crib' that they supplied was a very old, rather haggard looking pack n play, which didn't come with bedding initially. When the bedding was brought to our room, it was a standard sized sheet and blanked (for a queen sized bed!). Obviously that kind of loose bedding would be a safety hazard so we didn't use it. We were able to fashion a crib sheet from a pillow case, and thankfully we had brought a few blankets and used those. We did receive a nice $25 gift card and welcome basket from a local baby shop, although I don't think that had anything to do with the crib bedding since we didn't complain about it. I would stay there again, but would bring our own pack and play!!!

Stayed November 2006
2 Thank lilykin
Seattle, WA
Reviewed February 22, 2007

HIgh quality all around. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and stay there again.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mhet
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 30, 2006

The Woodmark was everything i had hoped for and more. The place was quiet, except for a wedding going on in a tent outside one evening. but it was over by 9pm. the view was spectacular, and the room was so cozy, i never would have guessed i was so close to downtown Seattle. Great extras throughout the room and the hotel. The staff was helpful. My only complaints was the restaurant was pricey, expecially for breakfast. Otherwise a perfect stay all around! I can't wait to return

• Liked — Amenities, staff, view
  • Disliked — restaurant prices, weddings in courtyard, location to downtown kirkland
  • Tips/Secrets — pay extra for a water view, it is worth every penny
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank CKinLA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkland
Hyatt Regency Bellevue
Grand Hyatt Seattle
#7 of 100 in Seattle
Salish Lodge & Spa
#1 of 2 in Snoqualmie

Been to Woodmark Hotel & Still Spa? Share your experiences!