“Well beyond unacceptable”

Ranked #16 of 35 Restaurants in Kingston
Silverdale, Washington
“Well beyond unacceptable”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Female person waiting table rude. Person's attitude was rushed and did not listen fully to what I wanted to order. Result was order was inncorrect. They choose to defend themselves, made excuses and proceeded to school me on how to order! Person was clearly not of the personality to do the job they were providing. Suggest firing employee, well beyond unacceptable. The business feeds off of the quick turn-over ferry traffic which, as you can imagine, creates an apathetic atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013

Alberta
“Avoid - Try any other place”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Zero stars! We went to the cafe side of the store. Huge mistake. I regret it.

The service was terrible. Abysmal. I ordered a chai latte and the person at the counter left to make it immediately before I was able to order or say anything else. She didn't even look at me when I was at the counter. So I stood and waited and then I said I wanted a bagel, toasted, with cream cheese for my 3 year old. I went to sit down after paying. She brought the rock hard bagel, un toasted with nothing on it. I said I meant for it to be toasted with cream cheese. (who eats a rock hard bagel with nothing on it?) The person didn't even know how to use the toaster! She was a new employee... but seriously? Another employee came out after a few minutes and had to show her. She didn't wash her hands after handling cash. Then they brought it out. No cream cheese. I got up to ask for cream cheese, as this is what I had asked for. WHO eats a toasted bagel with nothing on it? Duh. She said she didn't hear me when I ordered it.

Also, two other people were working in the front but were busy getting the place ready for the lunch rush. They behaved as though it was inconvenient for us to be there. The atmosphere was terrible. Nobody else was in there. That should have been my first clue.

When I left, the door swung both ways as it was broken and I slammed my hand in the door! It was hurt quite badly. Nice ending to a crappy cafe experience. I should have gone to the Crepe place or the other coffee place three doors up.

Avoid this place!

• Visited May 2013
Juneau, Alaska
“Stop Here Before or After Your Ferry Trip”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We were hungry and just got off the ferry. We randomly choose this place and we lucked out. It was around 2pm and the lunch crowd was gone. I had soup and salad and my husband had a gorgonzola burger. Two thumbs up on both meals. Big selection of beers and a good menu. Generous portions of food and a good atmosphere. The waitress was friendly and we enjoyed chatting with her.

So basically, we were hungry, the food was good, we ate and continued on our journey. We will remember this place and return.

Our table was at the window and we could watch the ferry traffic. Good entertainment.

• Visited June 2011