“Good pizza, good music, some unusual beers (good, too)”
Review of Northern Ales

Northern Ales
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Kettle Falls
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Families with children
Description: CAUTION! We have peanut shells all over the floor! We are a family friendly establishment. We serve Pizza and Pub food, but we do not deep fry or gill. At least 9 beers on tap all made here. We also have products for those that are Gluten Free (GF). Live entertainment every Thursday, Friday, and some Saturdays.
Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Good pizza, good music, some unusual beers (good, too)”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Imagine a green concrete-bloick building, no windows, the sort of bunker a bar looks like in Provo, Utah. That's Northern Ales from the outside, Step in and you'll hear bands or musicians playing most nights, free peanuts, the shells lining the floors, a pub menu long on pizza but with a few alternatives, and beers with the brewery in the back. Personal-size pizza with a salad came at a good price (pepperoni and black olive, around eleven bucks with the salad), crust thin and crispy which I like. Beers, I took the Black Canyon dark ale and later tried the Rice Pale Ale. Each well made with nice mouthfeel. Then my server brought me a style I had never heard of before, a Braggot., It dates back to the middle ages, Chaucer praised it, it's a sweet beer/mead combo. Steve, the brewer, said he makes a barleywine up to around 9% alcohol by volume, and then adds fermenting honey to take it to 13%. Potency aside, Northern's Braggot would be a dessert wine to match any port or sherry.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Roger T

Lake Stevens, Washington
“A well hidden gem”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Almost missed this one but we were glad we searched it out. The beer was great (try the black grouch!) The staff was friendly.

Visited July 2013
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“One of My All Time Favorites!!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

After being gone from the area for 9 months, this was the first place I wanted to go!! My friends Steve and Andrea have been very busy!! The place has many good changes from new pizza ovens for the not so typical pizzas (yumm!!), to beautiful new beer vats, to a new band stage, to wonderful new beers and wine! You guys are amazing!!

Visited May 2013
kettle falls
“complimentary peanuts...just toss the shells on the floor! Love it!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Enjoyed being able to meet up with friends and visit and not have a blaring jutebox in the corner to compete with. The Food is amazing - not your typlical deep fried bar food! Kids are welcome, they have pinball, pool tables, and fooseball tables.

• Visited March 2013
Colville, Washington
“Cavernous”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I as a woman did not feel totally comfortable here! It feels like your in someones super oversized garage. I went with another female to this location. Nobody bothered us or got out of line. It was a "have a beer after work" place. It seems to be a neighborhood watering hole, complete with pool tables, and tounaments. There were also ping pong tables however I dont know if that is a regular thing or not. Limited menu, but they do seem to have a big assortment of beers.

Visited August 2012