Bull Hill Guest Ranch
Hotwire.com
Selkirk Motel(Colville)
Lakeview Motel(Christina Lake)
TripAdvisor
Park Lane Resort & Motel(Christina Lake)
TripAdvisor
Totem Motel & Resort(Christina Lake)
New Horizon Motel(Christina Lake)
Johnny's Motel(Grand Forks)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsskeet shootinghorseback ridingmy husband and ino ideamoment you arriveincredible viewsbucket listevery guestnew friendsnext yearhorsesridecattlecookhousemealssaloonguide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Bull Hill will have a special place in our hearts forever. This single Mom and two young sons LOVED every minute! Swimming, fishing, horse shoes, card games, skeet shooting, wagon ride, spoons and cards at night!! A complete BLAST.

Oh, and riding horses? Try to find ANYWHERE that will let young children ride, on a horse alone, on trails all over the thousands of acres. I tried to find a place - and that lead us to Bull Hill, again and again and again and again.

Professional, kind, experienced - felt safe until the wee hours with the boys playing hide and seek in the pasture with other kids while us adults enjoyed the fire and drinks and lots of laughing. Just told em' to come home when everyone else did (they were 10 and 12).

Just about time to book another trip..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013

As we packed the car for the week at Bull Hill Ranch, we took along drinks, snacks, games, cards, and videos to keep us occupied in the evenings. Well, we immediately figured out that we needed none of that stuff. We left it locked in the car for the entire week. We stayed plenty busy riding, shooting, boating, eating, and hanging out with the cowboys every evening. Bull Hill staff keep you happy, busy, and laughing. This is really a 100% all-inclusive vacation! We will be back soon and often.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank LoriMykeG
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My experience with Bull Hill was fantastic.
I went here on a little solo trip for 4 nights, needing a break and rest from city life. There were a few couples and one family staying as well. The family said this was their 5th or 6th consecutive year coming back.
When I arrived, check-in was easy and quick and my cabin was charming. You are on top of a mountain away from anything so yes, animals are part of the scene... having said that, my cabin was super clean, the showers hot and there were no signs of any little critters. The staff was kind and asked how I would like to spend my afternoon~ if I preferred to rest or to go on a ride before dinner.
They have a nice little lake with canoes and wonderful trails and BEAUTIFUL look outs. When I wasn't on horseback, I would sit in rocking chairs on the front porch of the cookhouse overlooking a gorgeous valley and read a book.
Meals are very much family style... because guess what, a family runs the place. It's very much the feeling that they have opened their home to you and you are a guest. So yes, the food is not high end but there is plenty of it and it's home made. Again, I'm pretty picky and everything I was offered was great. Plus this is the type of place that just wants to make people happy, so had I not liked something, I'm guessing their cook probably would have made me something else.

One reviewer said the staff is more interested in drinking all night. Here is my take on that... when I was there we had just finished a long ride. We were all hot, sweaty, tired and ready for dinner. We ate our meal and then we all sat around and shared stories and talked and drank. It wasn't out of hand. It wasn't them slacking. Again, it was like being in their home and having after dinner drinks. These folks are so down-to-earth, hard-working ranchers. We spoke about life on a ranch and about their family and the land and it was lovely.

As for riding, I am a very experienced rider. Even so, they put me on a very easy going mare (a girl horse) who was probably better suited for a beginner or kid. But it was the first ride of me being there and I could tell they wanted to feel out my skillset. It doesn't matter if someone says I have experience or I'm a beginner because each person's idea of what that means is so different. I can attest that they held my safety at a high level by not just trusting what I wrote down on paper but instead evaluating my skills in person and on horseback. On the second ride they gave me a high spirited gelding (a boy horse) who was faster and more strong-willed and by the third ride I could choose whatever horse I wanted. Even as an experienced rider, I appreciated them being sure I could handle the horse before just throwing me on anything. As for getting bucked off- no one on our trip had any accidents. Just like any vacation excursion (snow skiing, parasailing, snorkeling, etc.) riding has risks of its own. Even the little kiddie pony's that walk in a circle at state fairs buck their riders. It comes with the territory. While I can't see any of the staff I met not being concerned for an injured guest, I can also imagine that to them it wasn't really a huge deal. I've been thrown and bucked off plenty of times and if I saw someone on my trip get bucked off, I would feel badly for them but not think, "oh my gosh this is life or death emergency room situation." I guess I just feel it's unfair for reviewers to give a bad review because they were injured by an accident that the staff really has no control over. But... each to their own opinion.

In summation, I loved my stay at Bull Hill and plan to return with my family. I give my recommendation for singles, couples, families and corporate retreats.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank BrittB575
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We have been to Bull Hill twice. The first time my husband and I went by ourselves. We had a fabulous time. The staff was so friendly, couldn't do enough for you. My husband is a horse lover, couldn't have been at a better place. The second time we were with our son, daughter-in-law and 2 grandsons. What a great experience we had. The horseback riding was great. Our guide was so good with my youngest grandson who was a little apprehensive about riding a horse. The cook staff was very accommodating fixing food for my grandson who has to have gluten free food. We had such a great time and my family said it was an experience of a lifetime. Everyone there treats you like family. We will certainly go back for another visit. The Prouses

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Everything about Bull Hill Guest Ranch was delightful. From the accomodations to the incredible meals and then of course the amazing horse trail rides.
Everyone on staff was attentive and always helpful. The horses were gentle and sure-footed and the guide was very professional.
The cabins were clean, well equipped and very comfortable. The hot tubs were extremely well maintained and a great way to end a day of riding.
The lake was wonderful, paddle boats and fishing boats, as well as abundant wildlife to enjoy.
I must mention the meals as they were 5 star. The open bar was a plus!!
All in all my experience at Bull Hill was the best guest ranch I have ever visited. That it is owned by the original family is a unique and special bonus.
I highly recommend this destination and hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends