“Seafood Happy”

Duke's Chowder House Kent Station
Reserve with OpenTable
Duke's Chowder House Kent Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 310 Restaurants in Kent
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Great Falls, Montana
“Seafood Happy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Is there anything nicer than sitting outdoors, dining al fresco on a warm, sunny spring evening? In Seattle? In April?

That's right--warm, sunny, April, Seattle. All in the same sentence. Hard to imagine, but it occasionally happens.

And we happened to be at Duke's Chowder House at Kent Station when it occurred.

We started off sampling several of the numerous micro-brews on tap, making our selection after listening to the descriptions from our friendly and outgoing waitress. She was a hoot!

A micro-loaf of warm bread with honey-flavored butter accompanied the micro-brews.

The food menu, like the brew list, is quite lengthy and offers some unique takes on seafood.

This is not your daddy's Ivar's and if you forget that, you'll be jerked back to reality when the tab arrives.

This is not to say Duke's is overly expensive (it's not exactly Canlis either) but it's a bit on the pricey side.

We had two brews each; one basket of bread; three crab 'sliders' and a bowl of chowder for me and blackened salmon on pasta for the BH.
The cost was $69 before gratuity.

The weather alone, was worth half the cost!

Visited April 2013
Thank D.Farkswald

Seattle, Washington
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Dukes was a nice place to eat with good service. However, the food and atmosphere did not match the price tag. I expected fabulous clam chowder and was not impressed. Won't be going back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Want2travel8082
Boise, Idaho
“First Time and will not be the last”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great atmosphere! Decor is appealing to the adventurous. Menu is just the right size, not too many choices. I had been wanting to visit this restuarant for months and finally had time to enjoy a sit down dinner. The Chowder was very good, other than a little heavy on the Thyme. I had the crab & shrimp stuffed fish, AWESOME! Unfortunately I forgot the waiteress' name, but she was great! Prices are reasonable for a good quality meal, though it will break my daily expense budget for meals. Definitely well worth a visit during business trips.

Visited March 2013
Covington, Washington
“Great Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had great food and service at this restaurant. The manager was excellent and so was our server. My husband and I each had the 3 course meal with Salad, Clam Chowder, Fish & Chips for me and Fish Taco for my husband. My brother had the Fish and Chips. The food was yummy. We had a very nice dining experience, we will be back soon!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank LoveToTravel9009
Kent, Washington
“Come here for chowder. Order the chowder!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

2 things: 1. Go here 2. Order the chowder.
We made the mistake of just getting samples of the chowder and ordering fish plates. My husband ordered the salmon with goat cheese and blueberries and I had the macadamian crusted rockfish in sauvignon blanc. They both came with rice and snow peas. The salmon tasted exactly as it is described, like someone cooked some salmon and threw A LOT of goat cheese on top and then some blueberries. Weird! And the rockfish was kind of dry and the sauce remains to be tasted. Now the rice was AMAZING. But who wants to pay $20-$30 for a great side dish? The sour dough bread that came with the meal was sooooo good. So, I can only assume that the chowder in the bread bowl is just as awesome. We sampled the whiskey crab chowder and we weren't impressed. My husband's favorite was the cajun chicken chowder and it was good but the clam chowder was THE BEST I have ever had. I can't wait to go back and get a bread bowl of that deliciousness. So, if you are going to come here do NOT waste your money on something other than chowder. It is obviously called Duke's Chowder House for a reason!

• Visited February 2013

Been to Duke's Chowder House Kent Station? Share your experiences!