“Great Option”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Kent
chetek
“Great Option”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel was a great option for visiting the Seattle area. It was much cheaper than staying downtown. It is only about 15-20 minutes from downtown with easy highway access. It is also within 1 1/2 hours of Mt. Ranier park and about 2 hours from the coast. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were clean. Another big perk is that there is free breakfast. The entire hotel was sold out while we were there which I think is a good sign. There are some decent dining options within walking distance as well. One thing to watch out for is that apparently Hotwire continued to make reservations for the hotel after it was full. This is Hotwire's fault, not the hotel. There were two people in the lobby expecting rooms that were not available. Only other complaint was that the a/c didn't work the greatest.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank prairiedave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Medford, New York
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is my second time there, the first time we went there because it was an affordable location and chain. The beds are very comfortable and had another great nights sleep there.
Staff is always helpful and quick to assist in what they can.
Plus the hotel is in a good location, very close to the freeway and to restaurants.
I will definitely stay in this Days Inn when I am back in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 376Alice
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed July 31, 2012

i went on my niece's wedding. I was looking for hotel to stay. I just walked in this Days inn on 84th in Kent. We spent 3 nights there. Price was reasonable. rooms were very clean. front desk staff was very helpful. They went out of the way to help to get around the area. Planned to stay there every time I will go there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Esmirna518
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Staff was very helpful and accommodating, rooms very clean, Restaurants next door. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed June 5, 2012

As a Computer Network contractor I frequently have long hours on my job sites in the King County area. I have frequently stayed at the Days Inn in Kent, Washington off of 84th and hwy167. The service is absolutely wonderful. The front end staff are very friendly and courteous and the housekeeping staff very accommodating. I would not hesitate to recommend This Days Inn to anyone especially Businesses that require their employees to travel. It is very accessible to the highway, Quite and restaurants on either side. The continental breakfast is good also. I can grab fruit or a pastry and I am out the door to my job site. I have always enjoyed my experience at this days Inn. Give it a try. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Patrick R
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I'd have to say I have been loyal to days inn for quite some time almost my go to every time untill I had a horrible experience last week. I made a reservation @ 1800- days-inn for this hotel at around 2:00am for the night. I came in to check-in and it took about an hour due to the lack of knowledge from the front desk and saying my reservation hadn't came through and that it he had audit transations for the night so there was no way I was able to even get a confirmation for the night and if they did It hadn't come through. After having 1800-days-inn and front desk talking,the young man working in the front desk said it hadnt came through and then would charge me for the same price and then 5 seconds later he said oh never mind it came. Around 3:30am we got in and check out before 12pm. We were already tired and having gone through this hassle to get in and to find out a sleeping suprize someone did not clean out the bed because there was dirt and dust at the bottom inside of the bed! I was just too upset and too tired to pursue for the night, we didn't even stay for a full night! Anyway, I checked my credit card the next day just randomly, to findout they charged me twice really made me boil.I called my credit card company to confirm it,I called the hotel, they told me to call 1800-dayinn and I finnally got through someone and then they say they had to investigate and run it by a the supervisor. I spent nearly 4-5 days and in total of 5 hours to get the charge to change. To make a long story short The manager HAJIT is her name called me and she checked with everyone involved, front desk, house keeping, and security cams. She also verified with the credit company to take the charge off. She was honest about having the wrong number and took full responsibility for the hassle and experience. She worked as hard to call me back and acknowledged me and made me feel I was important and apologized and I believe she meant it. The charge wouldn't come back after the the next day but She offered me a complementy night. I just want to say she turned my sour experience from make me never staying to having a change of heart. Her honesty and really working with me feeling as if she was on my side and listening to my concerns, I will stay a customer as long as someone like her can assure me they did everything they could.

Room Tip: Top floor is quieter and the manager is your friend!