“Lot's of food”

Dining options: Breakfast
Boise, Idaho
“Lot's of food”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Tried something new today and stopped the Imperial Garden Chinese Restaurant for an early dinner. Not many people were seated today. Prices were a little higher than I would have expected. Portions were very generous. There appeared to be plenty of staff on hand, however the service was extremely slow. I had the Seafood Chow Mein. If you like a lot of onions with your noodles then this is a good place food you. While I am not a Chinese food expert, this will not be a place on my favorite list.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Rob H

Fircrest
“Dim Sum is the best south of Seattle.”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Sticky rice wrapped in lotus leaf, meat stuffed pastry logs, egg tarts, baby broccoli are always wonderful. Sesame flavored fried noodles and crab with ginger don't get better.
Sure wish there was Dim Sum closer to home. Have always found staff very friendly and I always make a reservation on week-ends. Parking is a challenge as mall location also boasts one of the few truly authentic Asian Grocery, Fish, Meat and Deli Markets, Rancho. That too is worth a visit.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Balletfoodie
Port Orchard, WA
“Not cheap eats ... a great place to treat yourself!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We have been here many times but always for DimSum so I cannot comment on the rest of their menu.

The DimSum can be so so to excellent depending on what you order. They definitely are a bit racist in that the cart tenders immediately go for the shumai, har gow, calamari and baked bow with the non-Asians that come in. And while those are OK, the stars are the different items that are "foreign" to the American palate. While we were there, a large group came in from Air China and they were brought out totally different carts than what the rest of us were shown.

I love the sticky rice which has a piece of Chinese sausage hidden inside. To some it tastes a little like spoiled meat but to me it is a tasty little treasure.

Their chicken feet are different every time we go in as they are cooked in a sauce. The most recent time it was a fermented black bean with something a little spicy and a little sweet. WHAT A GREAT COMBINATION!

They have two different types of beef tripe. We found that the book tripe is usually fairly bland in that it is basically just flavored with onion and a little slice of jalapeno. But their honey comb tripe is cooked in rich sauce that is packed with flavor.

On a previous visit, we had pork stomach and it was wonderful! However, they very seldom have it so you have to ask every time you go. DANG ... they didn't have it this most recent visit.

We got tendon this time and were VERY pleasantly surprised. It is now one of my favorites! Soft, gelatinous hunks of lusciousness! I imagine they have a mild flavor if you just boil them. But whatever sauce they cooked them in permeated the tendon and made them delectable. Extremely rich though, so don't order a lot of these. 2-4 people can share one serving.

We found the servers to be rather bored with the job of pushing their carts around until we started asking for the "different" stuff. When we ordered the chicken feet we got a little smile. When we ordered the tendon we got a little bigger one and you could tell she was waiting for our reaction to "meat jello". When we devoured the tendon, we got a big grin and lots of suggestions for more "stuff in the kitchen" (too late ... we were already full!)

The prices here are a little stiff so we just come as a treat a couple of times a year. We are pretty big eaters so our lunch came to about $45 and we only took a few boxes home with us.

If you are an adventurous eater, this is a great place. If your idea of Chinese food is chop suey, sweet and sour chicken and fortune cookies, there are lots of other places that are probably going to be more to your liking.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Olfar
Hollywood, Florida
“Great Dim Sum, Roast Duck and Other Chinese Food”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I truly stumbled across this restaurant while running errands in the area. I went past it once, as was intrigued by the sign for Chinese Sea Food, and then when I drove by again, I decided to head in. I am glad I did.

It was lunchtime, and they were serving classic dim sum. Everything that I tried was delicious from the Shrimp Shu-Mai to the pork and scallion dumplings. I also ordered some roast duck, which was cooked to perfection, with crisp skin and juicy meat. That, and a small order of fried rice rounded out a great lunchtime feast.

The restaurant is very large, and nicely decorated, with a wall lined by huge fish tanks. It would be great for families or a business lunch for people who enjoy dim sum or just want some great Chinese food.

• Visited July 2012
Singapore River, Singapore
“Good roast duck and dimsum”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This restaurant seves great roster duck. Dimsum is good too. Chris the restaurant manager was friendly enough. We had a great meal of dimsum, roast duck, imperial chow mien and calamari.

• Visited July 2012