“Best BBQ I've Found”

BBQ Pete's
Ranked #1 of 310 Restaurants in Kent
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
North Bend, Washington
“Best BBQ I've Found”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'd been looking for a good BBQ restaurant for some time. Heard about Pete's and gave them a try. I was sold from the first meal. I've only ordered the beef brisket sandwich with sides, but that is divine. Just the right amount of smoke, lean and tasty. I particularly like their coleslaw. The beans are great too, but I'm not a fan of the potato salad--potato chunks cut too big for my taste. They have three BBQ sauces to choose from too. I've heard it is very busy during the week at lunchtime. I've only gone on the weekend, so haven't seen those big crowds. If you go, don't forget to have a free soft ice cream cone on your way out. That finishes the meal nicely.

• Visited February 2013

Sumner, Washington
“good bbq & quick”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great for that quick lunch time bbq fix . very quick service. The brisket is very good, as is the pork. Try the stuffed baked potato salad its the best. Also good for take out. We did a large group once & they did a great job, did let know in advance to work out the details. All enjoyed. was nice to have summer type meal in the winter.

• Visited March 2013
Port Orchard, WA
“WOW ... what a surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was a BIG fan of the Pete's in Tacoma back in the 80s and would go at least once a month. Plus, we would treat our employees to the Tuesday, all you can eat rib special several times per year. Man it was depressing when the partners broke up! I stopped here in to see who would have the audacity to use the name of one of the best old time BBQ places. Wow ... what a surprise!

I ordered the pulled pork sandwich and also ordered one rib ... just to see if they do an OK job. WOW ... what a surprise!

My first surprise was that these guys are, if not the same people, they are using the same recipes and cooking procedures as the old Pete's. Many places do an OK job with pulled pork but it is relatively tasteless unless you smother it with sauce. Pete's is seasoned just right and is not overwhelmingly smoked. I enjoyed it bare as well as with all three sauces.

The rib I tested blew me away... delicious without sauce, juicy, tender with the right amount of smoke ... this is the way ribs are supposed to be!

I visited at lunch time and it was pretty packed and I am sure that is where they plan on having the heaviest customer load. My next visit will be trying at dinner to see if there is a difference since smoking takes time and over smoking is just a sin against pigs!

WOW ... what a surprise!

• Visited February 2013
Kansas City Mo
“Burnt Ends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Wow - All I can say! I live in the Kansas City area, and while burnts ends are in a good bbq places here I have never seen them outside of the area. They do bbq right, it had a good wood smoked taste to it and all was really good. I sure to go back to Kent for work and will return to Pete's BBQ for good food

• Visited January 2013
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Great BBQ in Kent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

This is the place to go if you want great BBQ. Famous for their State Fair booth this permenant location is a great open for great food and a quick lunch. The fee ice cream cone tops of your visit.

Been to BBQ Pete's? Share your experiences!