“what more do you want with the price?”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed February 16, 2009

$28/night from priceline, stayed for 3 nights. got upgraded to king size on arrivial. staff was friendly, room is spacious and clean. welcoming layout and colours.

it is not located in the best possible spot of seattle area, but what else do you expect with the price paid? there's a bus stop right next to the hotel and planty of parking spots if you're driving. please note, no airport shuttle service to this hotel.

this is the best $25/night hotel i've ever stayed at, and will recommand it anyone who'e travelling on a budget and would let to get the most out of his/her money!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed July 31, 2007

We stayed at this motel because all of our family was here for a gathering and it was convenient. The outside of the building looks nice. Our check in was smooth. Our room was above average size but not very clean. The floors were filthy, both the carpet and the wood. The windows did not open properly and the bed was like sleeping on a cement slab. The hallway always smelled of stong smoke - our room was non-smoking and fine. We asked for an extra pillow for one of our kids and they told us they were out of pillows. We were lucky that one of our family members had an extra so nobody went without.
When we were coming back from an outing, the lady at the front desk was ranting and raving about problems with guests. Very unprofessional. For $80 a night, which I agree is pretty cheap, I would like housekeeping to at least sweep up the hair on the floor. I would definately pass on this property for my next stay in the area. There are several other places in the same area that I would check out before returning here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank obrienjs
Reviewed July 26, 2007

This place is a dump. The staff was very helpful and polite. But the hotel itself is awful. It looks nice from the street, but once your inside you notice how filthy and smelly is.
I hope I don't hurt any feelings here, but all of the areas of Kent I saw were a dump. We went to Big 5 sporting goods where, in the parking lot, we saw someone smoking something in a glass pipe (crack?). There were nicer hotels literally within sight of this place. I will never stay in Kent again, but if I do, I'll sleep in my car.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2006

Convenient to freeway and surrounded by traffic and noise, this is a good place for business travelers needing quick access to Boeing, REI and other company headquarters. Otherwise, it doesn't offer any charm and absolutely nothing unique. Efficient and helpful front desk staff and the rooms are utilitarian to a fault. My three-night stay was fairly quiet and the rooms have decent soundproofing. Like many extended stay places, the beds are overly firm and the bedding (sheets, pillows and blanket) is cheap and thin. Lots of construction workers base out of here but they are mostly well-behaved and mature. Not close to any supermarket. Safeway and Winco require at least a three mile drive. A couple marginal chain restaurants nearby. Again, good for a business stay as long as you keep your expectations in-check.

• Stayed: October 2006
Reviewed July 24, 2006

Just back from a 4 night stay here. Good location (just off Central Ave.), a nice clean, comfortable room. A/C worked very well (was close to 100 outside, but lovely inside). A nice basic kitchenette-type room for about $65/night. My only beef is that the TV is very limited (5 or so major networks, ESPN/ESPN2 and Showtime)...

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo
2  Thank Doug F
Reviewed May 5, 2006

We booked at room at the Extended Stay America in Kent as we had a great experience with other Extended Stays. This was truly not a 2 star hotel and more in line with a motel 6. There was debris up and down all of the hallways, food on the floors etc. And the worst thing was that the entire hotel reeked of paint. Supposedly they had painted a month ago but evidentally did not have proper venilation in order to air out the rooms, lobby etc. Thus I woke up dizzy and sick to my stomach. After this happening, we immediately booked at another Hotel and left Extended Stay. To their credit , they did try to give us another room but it was much the same as our original room. The check out person was not friendly at all in regards to our leaving. I would say avoid at all costs and if you stay in Kent, go to the Comfort Inn or Best Western. No frills of course but at least clean and no fumes!!

Stayed: May 2006
8  Thank J O
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 26, 2005

This place looks as if it was recently built. Very clean and helpful staff. I would definitely stay here again. It's a bit far from Seattle, but the cheap rates makes it worth the drive. They don't have a pool, but they offer wireless internet hookup at $3.99 for the entire duration of your stay. Not bad at all.

• Stayed: July 2005