“Very Homey....”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Auburn, Washington
“Very Homey....”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I would definitely recommend staying at this establishment. Clean facilities, Friendly staff, and close to everything. Very comfortable. I would also like to add that it is close to freeways, and dining areas.

Room Tip: Non Smoking!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dianna T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dianna – Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay. As well, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed our location and our friendly staff. We would love the opportunity to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Alaska
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have stayed at extended stays before and I have loved them. This is by far the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. Between not being specific about "extras" (ie. hot tub) there was construction going on that no one felt was necessary to tell me about. The minor issues are: no hair dryer or utensils to cook with (yes, there was a pot and pan). If I had known about the construction I would have asked for a room that would avoid the construction OR stayed at a different hotel. I am about the easiest going when it comes to my expectations with hotels, but this one SUCKS. I will NEVER stay here again and will never recommend it.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel if you are looking for ANY extras. The only good thing is they allow pets (a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank SwimMomAlaska
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that our staff did not inform you about the construction happening at our hotel during the reservation process or at check-in. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I am addressing this issue with the entire team and requiring that they communicate this to our guests moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at knt@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future once on renovations are complete.
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Was a newly remodeled room . Priceline for 40.00 was a bargain . Clean large room . Yes the walls are thin. Slept well and decent pillows and bed. Customer service very nice . The girl asked if my room was good when I went back to the car. Large and modern place . You can't get a 40 place like this . Reg rates I think are around 60.00. Breakfast was packaged muffins and breakfast bars and name brand. Fruit too. Coffee . I would stay again .

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank fact51
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your many nice comments regarding our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our staff, accommodations, and free grab-and-go breakfast.

Searcy, Arkansas
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here from the end of September thru the middle of November. The front desk staff were professional and always friendly. Housekeeping was excellent well atleast the little older lady we had. She was on her game changing shower curtains, comforters or blanket when needed. Room was spotless. Maintenance was on top of the game. A slip would be put in and the next day if not the same day it was fixed. I had to have the fridge switched out. I called the front desk left and came back and it was done. Same with my window. The manager Amanda was great. This location and Rochester, Ny are among the best.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the positive experience you had with our staff. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We booked this room for a week based on price. We stayed three nights and got another hotel for $25 more per night that was much better. The lobby is gloomy and there always seemed to be people lingering with no purpose. Located in an industrial area of Seattle, it was depressing. The bathroom door opened into the kitchen counter. The room was tight and just serviceable. When we checked out early, we lost the good weekly rate and paid more on a per night basis. I waited to get towels from the front desk and heard a man arguing over the rate with the front desk, claiming he was overcharged on his bill. This was my first experience with an Extended Stay hotel and will likely be my last.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Suzannergy
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your first impression of our hotel was "gloomy" and our location did not seem to fit your expectations. We are scheduled for an upgrade to our hotel at the first part of 2014.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at knt@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
MORENO VALLEY
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I like these hotels, I like having a kitchen. However, most of the ones I've stayed at this year have been recently renovated. This one was not! But it was reflected in the price, under $70. Pretty good for Seattle area. Expect stained carpets in and out of room, marks, scuffs on paint, stained furniture. The biggest problem with this chain of hotels is there embarrassingly slow Wi-Fi. I would guess there are many business customers that will choose not to stay here simply for that reason. You can pay extra per day ($4/day, $14/week) for a faster connection. But it's not that much faster! BTW, they just doubled to those prices, used to be cheaper. Love having a kitchen with full size refir. Wish they had more TV stations with the local feed/time zone. Bummer to look for a program you are used to watching at 8 PM, only to find out it was on at 5 PM.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank drdroad
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about Extended Stay Hotel; however, we apologize that ours was lacking in areas that other hotels in our chair are not.

I am happy to advise that wer are in fact scheduled at the end of this year for a remodel. We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at knt@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.

Once again, thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We enjoyed our two stays there this last week. The front desk was very helpful, and the free wifi was a plus. We had an option to upgrade, but did not. After arriving from the airport, my wife needed a restroom badly, but they do not have one till you check into your room. No room, no restroom. The grab and go breakfast is just that, but the coffee was empty, but refilled upon request. Insulation from adjacent rooms bothered us, but we fell asleep and was only awakened twice during the night. Their is no pool, but they do allow animals. The rates are good, and i am sure the management is trying harder. About a mile away is a movie complex that has better eating, then the Denny's and a kitchen place across the street, where we got food poisoning on a previous trip when we stayed at the choice hotel place nearby.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor if available.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank window2004
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our staff and management I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay.