“Worst stay yet!”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed August 23, 2013

For the same price you could get a much better place with thicker walls, an actual clean room and a staff member at the front desk. Upon check in, I waiting 20 mins for someone to show up and then was told there were no rooms available because everyone was checking out late. I waiting another 45 mins until a room was available. The room was decent but not very clean, there was a strange odor and super loud. If you want an actual night of rest, I suggest staying someone else.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 222Tester
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you had to wait to check into your room only to find it less than up to our normal exceptional levels of cleanliness.

To prevent this from happening again, we are ensuring that there is always someone at reception and all of our rooms are inspected prior to any guest entering their room.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I hope that you will contact me directly, at knt@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.

We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel ended up being a perfect place for what we wanted; a safe, clean, comfortable place to act as 'home base' while we spent 3 days visiting the various attractions in and around Seattle. The room was spacious, larger than I expected. It was an easy 20 - 30 minutes to Downtown Seattle (we went to Pike Place Market, the pier area and Alki Beach). The continental breakfast provided was very basic; coffee, tee, fruit, packaged pastry no complaints from us for the price. If you want a more hearty breakfast you can go out to one of many nearby places or even cook it up in the room - we did both during our stay, utilizing the breakfast offered at the hotel for hot drinks and fruit upon first waking.
On one day in the wee morning hours we heard the neighbors come home, party a bit then go to bed. Maybe the walls are a bit thin and some type of insulation could improve the noise but I felt it was more about inconsiderate drunk people being louder than necessary.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Makana K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our rooms and location we perfect for your recent visit. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This hotel is about 20-30 minutes aways from Seattle--probably the closest you can get to paying less than $100/nt. My boyfriend and myself just recently stayed at this hotel for 7nts. Due to having a filled itinerary for the week, our time at the hotel was very limited. This hotel offers breakfast to go which we probably took advantage of just 3 times during our stay. Items were very limited and exactly the same (muffins, oatmeal & hot drinks). Cleanliness of our room upon check-in was moderate. However, on our first night we discovered our duvet with dot of blood stains & our sheet was filled with many rips and holes. My boyfriend did not want any housekeeping in the room so I decided to keep my mouth shut! We tore our entire bed and removed the duvets and sheet and left it on the floor our entire stay. The hotel accommodates smoking & non-smoking rooms. We booked for a non-smoking rooms but the hallway to our room were always lingering in cigarette smells and our towels smelled like ashtrays! The walls are extremely thin as we could hear footsteps, opening of the fridge from the room above and also heard our neighbor having sex every night. Overall, I would not recommend this hotel, not even to my worst enemy! Stay away from this chain of hotel. Their nightly room/tax are quite convincing but I'm sure you can find a better accommodation elsewhere. Try Best Western hotels if you are looking for the same accommodations as extended stay!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank llorenz01
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had so many issues during your stay with us. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we are doing a 100% room inpsection prior to releasing any of our rooms to our guests. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate that you took the time to write such a detailed review. I invite you to contact me at knt@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

While the grounds, lobby, and staff were great, the room left me feeling skittish.
The carpet was stained, there was no shower liner (only a too-short cloth curtain that let water soak through), the bathroom grout was eroding, and the bathroom sink fixture and surrounding grout were turning green.
There was hair on the sink, on a couple of towels, and in the tub.
I felt afraid to walk around barefoot, set my belongings on the floor, or touch any surface that I didn't have to.
My girlfriend and I were so creeped out that we decided to lift the mattress and check for bedbugs. Thankfully, we found nothing.

We could clearly hear guests walking around above, and entering/exiting the staircase next to the room. I didn't realize the walls were that thin. The flushing toilet (next door? above?) was very loud and sounded like water was rushing through the walls.

The professional and courteous staff and the neat grounds are a complete 180 degrees from the actual rooms. I really wanted to like this place. :(

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Food imbedded on counter. Dirty silverware in dirty drawer.
One bar of soap for bath and sink. Bring your own shampoo, soap, hair dryer.
Door knob to bathroom fell off. Thought price was a deal, now we know why.
Renovated? With pop corn ceiling? Good TV set - that is about the only thing
new here. Never be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kj m
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I have discussed your review with my team and reviewed our room inspection procedures to prevent this from happening again. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at knt@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Not a place for kids . Cops there regularly . Top floor is smoking but if you want a quite stay i would recommend it. The other floors can hear every noise ( doors shutting ,walking...)
Other than that ok

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Joe and Tiffany - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the issues you described. The staff and I strive to provide comfortable, safe surroundings for all of our guests to enjoy. It is disheartening to know that we were unable to do this for you.

I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at knt@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed 4 nights, nicely updated room, everything clean, front desk clerks quickly provided anything needed. We were on main street side of hotel but didn't notice traffic noise. Comfy bed. Only disappointments were that we couldn't access Mariners baseball on TV and the selection of food for Grab and Go breakfast was limited. We were surprised at the number of guests who were actually living in the hotel, some for over 2 years. Not surprised that they would stay at this particular hotel that long, but surprised that folks choose to live in hotels. Then we ran the numbers and realized we could save a lot by living in a hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that overall your stay with us was enjoyable. I do apologize that you were not able to watch the Mariner's game; however, we are working on our channel offerings.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.