“never again”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Georgetown, Texas
“never again”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Food imbedded on counter. Dirty silverware in dirty drawer.
One bar of soap for bath and sink. Bring your own shampoo, soap, hair dryer.
Door knob to bathroom fell off. Thought price was a deal, now we know why.
Renovated? With pop corn ceiling? Good TV set - that is about the only thing
new here. Never be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kj m
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I have discussed your review with my team and reviewed our room inspection procedures to prevent this from happening again. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at knt@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Not a place for kids . Cops there regularly . Top floor is smoking but if you want a quite stay i would recommend it. The other floors can hear every noise ( doors shutting ,walking...)
Other than that ok

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Joe and Tiffany - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the issues you described. The staff and I strive to provide comfortable, safe surroundings for all of our guests to enjoy. It is disheartening to know that we were unable to do this for you.

I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at knt@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed 4 nights, nicely updated room, everything clean, front desk clerks quickly provided anything needed. We were on main street side of hotel but didn't notice traffic noise. Comfy bed. Only disappointments were that we couldn't access Mariners baseball on TV and the selection of food for Grab and Go breakfast was limited. We were surprised at the number of guests who were actually living in the hotel, some for over 2 years. Not surprised that they would stay at this particular hotel that long, but surprised that folks choose to live in hotels. Then we ran the numbers and realized we could save a lot by living in a hotel!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that overall your stay with us was enjoyable. I do apologize that you were not able to watch the Mariner's game; however, we are working on our channel offerings.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The bed had a lot of black hairs in it, short and long..It was pretty disgusting. The countertop has stains on it, the hallway carpet in front of my room had a big ol black and red stain in it.
My company set me up in this place otherwise I would have gone somewhere else, I'll be sure to find my own place next time.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank MikeL1223
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The cleanliness concern you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Extended Stay America in Kent, WA is reasonably priced and would be a good choice if funds are limited. Maid service is offered once a week or more often at an additional price. To exchange the thin rough towels between weekly maid service, the towels must be taken to the front desk. Bring your own hairdryer, shampoo, and soap unless you enjoy using silver dollar sized soap. Free wireless internet will allow you to check emails but do not dream of streaming video. Higher than 3 meg internet is available for an extra fee. The room is clean as long as you do not look too carefully in the corners and do not count the filthy hall carpet you must tread before reaching your room. My stay was quiet because the person above me walked in their room, dropped one, two shoes and went to bed. Yes, I could hear every step. The kitchen was clean and equipped for two people. No dishwasher, hand wash only. I cannot comment on the "breakfast to go".
I will NOT stay here again. In my personal rating, this is a one circle hotel. I gave it 3 circles because it does deliver what it claims, a BUDGET hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ohio45831
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than stellar. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Good location for Kent. Safe neighborhood. Hotel extremely noisy, Rooms dirty. My bed had a cigarette burn hole in the sheet. The top floor of hotel is for smokers, so if you want to get above all the noise from above you have to stay in a smoking room.

• Stayed March 2013
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The noise issues you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Rooms are extremely clean. Staff very kind and helpful. Looking forward to staying here again. Location is close to freeway but still quite in rooms. Pretty nice having a full kitchen equipped with pots and pans.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review. I'm so pleased to hear that our accommodations exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!