“Worst Night Ever”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Bend, Oregon, United States
“Worst Night Ever”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

After having our car broken into and laptops stolen while parked at the nearby (and, we thought, upscale) Mama Stortini's restaurant, we arrived back at the hotel after midnight, what with dealing with the police and taping garbage bags over the car window. The room was cold due to a broken seal around the air conditioner, allowing in cold air and loud road noise from the nearby freeway; you could hear every truck. There were no glasses at all in the room, so we had to drink water from the coffeepot. We finally went to bed at 2:00 am, after changing passwords from the stolen laptops, but were jolted at 2:45 from the room next door, who had acquired several hookers. They partied and carried on very loudly for some time, in spite of three calls to the "front desk". All the calls were ineffectual, and the on-duty person actually laughed and said "Well, it is Saturday night; people party." The last call to the desk was at 5:00 am, when the individuals next door were still calling friends to loudly discuss their exploits. We left at 6:00 am with no sleep whatsoever.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that my staff did not handle your noise complaint. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will be addressing this with my staff. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at KNT@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the Extended Stay America - Kent WA numerous times over the last six months and currently are staying there indefinitely while working & seeking permanent housing in the area.

We have stayed at Extended Stays all over Washington, Oregon & California. Without exception, the staff at the Kent WA property goes above & beyond expectation in their efforts to make us feel "at home" and welcome. They are genuinely caring & helpful in every way. They have accommodated our every request in a professional, courteous & efficient manner.

The property is well maintained & the rooms are always clean & properly equipped.

Kudos to Amanda, the manager, for your professionalism in managing this property. Also, our heartfelt thanks to Ann & Theresa whose smiling faces & always helpful, friendly demeanor greet us each night as we return from work & come "home."

To all of you - we sincerely appreciate your efforts on our behalf.

Paul & Danny

• Stayed February 2013
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, February 25, 2013

Canby, Oregon
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed here to attend a trade convention in Seattle. I expected a little bit more, but I guess considering the price it was OK. It was clean. you have to get your own towels, etc, but I am alright with that as well. I did plan to use the kitchen more, but it was a disappointment. Few dishes and utensils. no oven. small, but adequate refrig. TV small. Adequate parking, next to Fred Meyers, so buying supplies easy.
Don't expect alot and you will be alright. The WiFi was good.

I rated the service low because there was none to speak of, other than walking up and getting more towels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Seattle - Kent - Des Moines. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our hotel amenities. It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers. To that end, we don't put items like shampoo bottles, shower caps, or face lotions within a room prior to a guest's arrival. That's because although these things are perceived as being "free" at other hotels, you still end up paying for them in your nightly rate. However, given our commitment to your satisfaction, we do have a limited supply of complimentary sundries available upon request at the front desk. Doing business this way allows us to continue to offer great rooms at exceptional rates.
I am truly sorry that we were unable to communicate our offering effectively to you before you arrived. I understand you like to have an oven available on your stay sometimes and unfortunately we don't have them at the Crossland Hotels but we do offer them at some of our Extendedstay America Hotels like our ESA Renton property which also have the large refrigerators as well.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed for 6 nights while in the area looking for a home. The hotel is clean, in a convenient location for us, had decent nearby amenities (shopping, dining). The kitchen offerings were very basic. The front desk employees were nice, although not especially knowledgeable of the area (like directions to a grocery store?!). The information sheet offered had outdated information on it. The laundry was $4.00 a load, plus the cost of the detergent. The detergent machine ate my money, but the staff refunded it without question. However, given the price, it worked perfectly for us. It was clean and comfortable and safe.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MAGDYI, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at this location over the Labor Day weekend prior to an Alaskan cruise.The room was clean and comfortable, if a bit dated in appearance. There was no door on our bathroom, and the kitchen area was super-basic (2 place settings of dishes only, a 2-burner cooktop, microwave, etc.). The night of our arrival, the hallway on our floor smelled of smoke, and I don't mean cigarette. The "grab and go" breakfast really was - everything pre-packaged, and nothing to drink if you didn't want coffee. However, the stay was fairly friendly, the room was inexpensive, and the hotel was located conveniently in the middle of the attractions we visited while in Seattle. Next time, though, I'll spend a little more for some place nicer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

Picayune, Mississippi
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The motel is a bit difficult to find.......since it's not located just off a major interstate highway.....but once you have found it it's a really nice place to stay. The room had a kitchenette which was nice even though we didn't stay long enough to really need one. Our stay was just overnight....but if you have an extended stay it would be perfect. Trying to reach the motel staff to get directions was the worst thing that happened when our GPS didn't recognize the address published. We never did get an answer.....and ended up relying on the directions on the confirmation I had printed out from HotelGuides.com. Thankfully I had them! The front desk person was very friendly......gave us lots of help, extra coffee and even popcorn! The rate we got from our internet reservation was outstanding! Recommend this motel and HotelGuides.com

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 4salesold
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Pointblank, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and myself stayed here for nearly a month. We had a very comfortable stay, but what made our stay even better was the staff. One person in particular stood out more than the others for her personality, smile and professionalism was Jessica Hernandez. Thank you Jessica, you are the face of great customer service. I pray the Lord Blesses you and your family as you were a blessing to us.

Sincerely, P Cody

Room Tip: Only thing that would have been better about our stay would have been if the hotel had, had a pool a...