“VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE!”

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The motel is a bit difficult to find.......since it's not located just off a major interstate highway.....but once you have found it it's a really nice place to stay. The room had a kitchenette which was nice even though we didn't stay long enough to really need one. Our stay was just overnight....but if you have an extended stay it would be perfect. Trying to reach the motel staff to get directions was the worst thing that happened when our GPS didn't recognize the address published. We never did get an answer.....and ended up relying on the directions on the confirmation I had printed out from HotelGuides.com. Thankfully I had them! The front desk person was very friendly......gave us lots of help, extra coffee and even popcorn! The rate we got from our internet reservation was outstanding! Recommend this motel and HotelGuides.com

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 4salesold
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and myself stayed here for nearly a month. We had a very comfortable stay, but what made our stay even better was the staff. One person in particular stood out more than the others for her personality, smile and professionalism was Jessica Hernandez. Thank you Jessica, you are the face of great customer service. I pray the Lord Blesses you and your family as you were a blessing to us.

Sincerely, P Cody

Room Tip: Only thing that would have been better about our stay would have been if the hotel had, had a pool a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel and for recognizing Jessica's efforts in making your stay so much more memorable. We all strive to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Our apologies for not having a pool on-site for you to enjoy; however, please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

With 2 little kids, we stayed here for 2 nights for my kids' sports event. Since we booked a room through Priceline, I called and requested a non-smoking, 2 double beds right after booking. We arrived early to get a room we requested but they said there is no message left and only a smoking, single bed available because we booked through Priceline. Whole building is full of smoking smell. The room was in terrible condition and one of the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in my whole life. Next day during the lunch hour, there is no water in the hotel and they said emergency leakage and in repair. We could not wash our hands for lunch. Priceline should eliminate this hotel from 2 star list.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Rich K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

I do appreciate the opportunity to reply to your concern. Unlike traditional hotels, many of our guests leave their departure date open or extend their stay at the last minute. Although we manage our hotel in such a way that is intended to account for these contingencies, in very rare cases it becomes difficult to ensure room availability. For that reason, we list your bed/smoking preference on your reservation but are unable to guarantee it. I can assure you that we do make every effort to honor your request and in almost every case we are able to do just that.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Its always good to start with "good" things first because had I not felt deceived I would have rated this place a "poor plus." First the price is wonderful around $60 as of summer 2012 for a Queen size kitchenette around the size of a Townplace Suites (the Kent location is strongly recommended over this property btw). Very nice lighting and a decent sized kitchen with a wooden floor. Carpet in the sleeping and working area that was reasonably clean in the "non smoking rooms" and not so clean in the "smoking" rooms. Finally decent variety of desks and chairs....no issues with layout and with more attention to cleanliness and upkeep this would be a phenomenal deal. The desk clerk in the morning was very sweet, she actually reminded me of the high quality desk staff you normally find at Marriott franchises or even Holiday Inn.

So here is why its a "terrible plus"....I find this location to be dishonest. Be aware of this before you rent: YOUR CHOICE OF ROOMS IS CONSIDERED A "PREFERENCE" NOT YOUR ACTUAL CHOICE....IF THEY ARE AT MAXIMUM CAPACITY YOU WILL GET THE ROOMS THAT ARE AVAILABLE. The corporate office told me this, the night desk clerk told me this and the manager admitted that "rarely" people will be assigned rooms that are available vs. their choice. I tend to think its a little more than "rarely" judging from other customers critiques of the Seattle area Extended Stay America properties.

I'm an asthmatic and never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever select a smoking room and yet somehow my reservation showed "smoking" as a preference. Indeed upon checking in I walked into my room and thought I was in an old downtown Las Vegas, smoke filled room...I could taste it in the air. And what about the "bad" qualities of the rooms? Cigarette burn holes in the mattress covers in both the "smoking" and "non-smoking" room. Furniture that looks very Salvation Army-worth, chipped, beat up...just plain ugly. Dark stains on the carpet, bed sheets and chairs and footstools. The great lighting works against the hotel in this regard....these stains and cigarette holes are clear in the "spotlight."

After 5 calls to the corporate office during the first six hours I was here the best I could manage in terms of "customer service" was the "non-smoking" room I originally requested (although a call from an upper manager at their corporate headquarters is pending). I got this "non-smoking" room by being made to move out of my room in the middle of my sleep under threat that the room might not be available later in the day (I requested a room change at 1pm and this apparently wasn't adequate for the hotel manager). I found this to be unsatisfactory and the suggestion that they were "doing me a favor" really left a bad taste in my mouth....the room switch was really done on their terms.

I initially thought I might have had a rare hotel reservation brain camp, but then the hotel manager informed me that during the nights I stayed they were at max capacity. I believe I was switched away from my preference and really detest that this chain places filling every possible room before customer service. I wanted to say to these folks that this is Washington not Las Vegas/Reno/Atlantic City.

I have a long stay at an Extended Stay America property in Southern California for 10 days and don't anticipate "smoking room" issues as California is a no-smoke State. If I ever do stay with Extended Stay America in the Seattle area it won't be at Kent or Tukwila (I read Tukwila reviews on Google and other places and note the same issues I encountered tonight and last night). What I encountered (and I told the manager this) was really customer "disservice" and not customer service. I have a hard time with dishonesty and found it funny or maybe interesting that the corporate office and night desk clerk (who were both honest) contradicted the hotel manager.

Room Tip: I'm not sure about this location, but if you have a high tolerance for dirt and don't mind p...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Michael S
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Seattle - Kent. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

This was the final stay of our move and since our house wasn't ready we needed a pet friendly, kitchenette place to stay for 3 nights. It's what you'd expect from a place that expects you to stay for an extended period of time. No daily housekeeping and looked a bit run down, not filthy, just old. The chair in our room was a bit torn up, but it was a pet friendly room and we had a cat with her claws so I wasn't to concerned. The beds were actually pretty comfortable, the area was quiet, laundry room available and the kitchenette had the basics in the cupboard. We had no problem with the front desk service. Can't say we'd stay here ever again, but it served its purpose.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Seattle - Kent, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Seattle - Kent. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

There was a large pile of dirty towels in the middle of the lobby when I checked in. The only person working the front desk was a housekeeping person who wasn't sure quite how to check me in. When I got to my room I discovered that someone else had used the bathroom and not flushed. The comforter looked like it hadn't been washed in a while, and there was hair on it. I wasn't looking for a palace by any means, but I at least expected the place to be clean!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank kimwfu01
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I came on a business trip last month and stay at this hotel for a couple of days, overall the stay the stay was very pleasant., the front desk person Mindy who checked me in was very nice and was very informative about the area and the Hotel manager Amanda was also very nice.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business