I rate the Crossland Excellent for what it is... an inexpensive, clean, convenient place to stay in the Seattle WA area.
We were looking for an inexpensive room in the Seattle WA area. So I booked through hotwire. After booking I started reading reviews and saw so many trashing this hotel, I started having second thoughts about it.
Well, I was in for a very pleasant surprise. Our flight arrived late. It was after midnight when we got to the hotel/motel. There was a sign that asked for late arrivals to pick up a phone by the door and call. Literally within seconds, someone was there to check us in.
Check-in went very smooth. The room was clean, the bed comfortable-- though a tad bit too hard, but at least it was not one of those "soggy beds" where you wake up the next morning with a back ache. In fact after sleeping on this bed, our backs felt better than usual.
Good Convenient Location With Helpful Staff
In the morning I went down to get directions to drive to Seattle. I was pleasantly surprised by the fact they had directions to Seattle printed out ready for any guests that needed them. The drive took about 20 minutes on a Friday.
Easy To Get Bottled Water, Food, Etc.
Right around the back of the Crossland is a Fred Meyer supermarket. You can buy food and/or bottled water there. We bought some great tasting Washington Apples.
Oh, and the Crossland let's you cook in your room. There is a mini fridge, microwave, and stove top.
They provide you with real plates, cups, and silverware too! But you do have to wash your own dishes.
The room we stayed in had no "funky" smell.
I would rate this hotel/motel on the level of a Motel 6. The staff really cares, and I told the manager about the reviews I read. She said she had been brought in specifically to turn the hotel around. And I can see she is doing a fine job at this.
So the old reviews may have been right, but based on my personal experience, the old reviews trashing the Crossland in Kent, are very out-dated at this point.
It's an inexpensive hotel/motel. It's clean, easy to get to where you need to get to, quiet, no extra charge for parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Crossland Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines. We are located within walking distance to several different dining options and just 7 miles from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crossland Economy Studios Seattle - Kent Hotel Kent
- Crossland Economy Studios Kent