Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed August 10, 2008

I got this hotel for $39 through a discount site, and was quite worried after reading the reviews. Sure, it's not the Hyatt, but it was perfectly fine for a 2-night stay. Check-in was polite and efficient, and my room, though small, was clean and comfortable. I appreciated having cooking facilities as there was a large supermarket a few minutes away. On the downside, the walls were thin and I could hear a lot of noise from outside, but earplugs took care of that. I didn't see any "unsavory" characters hanging around.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
There are newer reviews for Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines

Reviewed March 22, 2008

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. They only have double beds. The mattress slipped and slidded all over the box springs while we were trying to sleep. The mattress was like a bunk bed mattress. We got this hotel thru Priceline. I have used priceline numerous times and have received great places. I am sure Priceline does not know that this is not a decent room. The staff is not curteous. When we asked for a bigger bed, we were told they dont have anything bigger except maybe two double beds. They also said they can't change what Priceline reserves. That is not true. I have called hotels numerous times before arriving and after arriving asked for a larger bed and had no problems switching rooms. We were here two nights and got no sleep. They say they have a full kitchen...thats a laugh.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank treklih
Reviewed February 13, 2008

Office was locked so I knocked and they let me in. Was given a key to a room that was so filthy that I couldn't even enter it. Was given another room but by that time I was so scared of the property that I left (forefited my money) and stayed elsewhere. As far as I'm concerned this property is inhabitable.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Bob045
Reviewed November 12, 2007

I booked this hotel from Priceline. When we checked in staff was very friendly and they changed my reservation to a 2 bed instead of 1 bed at no charge which was great! The outside of the hotel is not bad at all. I was pleasantly surprised! I was expecting some trashy run down hotel after hearing all of these horrible reviews. At first they gave me the wrong room, the bed wasn't made and it wasn't cleaned - almost looked like someone was still staying in it! (by the way, this has also happened to me in the past at a 4 and a 5 star hotel so don't think it only happens here). They quickly gave me a new room and key. My room and bedding was clean, no complaints. The next day when we were checking out they were going to charge us $4.00 for a long distance call but I explained we never called any number that had a "1" before it and we shouldn't have been charged for that. So beware when making local calls!! They eventually took the charge off. Overall this hotel wasn't as bad as everybody is saying. I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2007

Horrible from the second we arrived. I can't believe this Hotel..if that's what you want to call it. We did not feel safe here. There was obvious drug dealing going on while management and employees turned a blind eye to the whole thing. Fighting and arguing from the rooms on both sides. Security guard could have cared less!!
This place is a serious dump. I can't believe it's part of the Extended Stay America hotel chain.
Take my advice, skip this experience!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank fallenxfate
Reviewed October 21, 2007

This is the worst hotel I ever stayed in... I knew for the price it wasnt going to have al to of luxuries .. but I felt it lacked in pure basics that I would have want and need in any hotel. In the week I was there on I was on the 3rd floor facing the back towards the other horrible hotel next door. The carpet in the room was full of hair.. the bathroom was not bad.. the bed was uncomfortable and hard.. The lamp light was missing the switch and someone carved their initials on the the remote control.. there were small holes in the comforter of the bed from cigarette burns.. But even after all that.. The things I hate the worse by far was the how unsafe I felt there.. In the week I was there, even on the same floor and sections as me, someone was arrested, people were fighting outside my room on the 3rd floor!!, the room 3 doors down from mine was broken by what seemed to be small bullet like holes.. And one night at 4 am someone knocked really loud on my door and then left... I stayed there with my 2 yr old daughter.. and I being a female myself.. felt really unsafe there.. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone who has children or families.. In reality anyone who wants to feel safe at night should not stay at this hotel.. I expected that maybe because it was so cheap that it wouldnt be so tip top... but what I did expect was to feel safe and comfortable with my daughter..

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank nana22404
Reviewed October 4, 2007

I was booked in this place through Priceline for a 35 dollar bid, thinking I would get something in the Southcenter area. I was familiar with this area and the seedy motels and I didn't think a company like priceline would put anyone in this area. I read the reviews here and expected the worst. I found the front desk people to be very helpful and apoligetic. Maybe they knew something that I didn't.... The room was small and we had requested 2 beds and they said they were all booked so 2 of us were stuck in a double. The ref in the room did not work and the bathroom had stuff (!) on the wall. We were on the second floor and to go downstairs you pass inside a corridor that had garbage piled up and overflowing cans. You had to hold your breath when passing through because the smell was so bad. Suprisingly there was not much noise during night, but that could be because of the noisy AC. The experience could have been tolerable if there were 2 beds. Bottom line, I will never trust priceline again. A lesson learned!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank SWWAGlobetrekker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines? Share your experiences!