Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Utah
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The people at the front desk are friendly and helpful but that is not enough reason to stay here. The rooms are less than basic and rundown. The area is not very nice and for $10 more you can get a lot better room. I paid for 2 nights and left after 1, but I don't regret leaving even without getting a refund for the second night. I can't imagine staying at this hotel for an extended period.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank John-in-Utah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had stayed at another hotel in the area, but checked out after only two nights. The hotel is a great value for the price we paid, less than $50 per night. This included an upgraded room with two double beds, small kitchen, and internet service. It was not fancy, but had everything we needed for our stay. When we travel, we spend little time in the room, so the room amenities are not that important to us. We used the guest laundry room during our stay, and this was very convenient. The Fred Meyer store adjacent to the hotel was also extremely convenient.

There was a minor issue with cigarette burns on one of the bedspreads and on a shower curtain, even though it was a non-smoking room. We spoke with Shakera at the front desk, and she resolved the matter to our satisfaction. She was so pleasant and professional about the matter that we are rating our overall experience as "excellent." We plan on staying at this property again the next time we visit the Seattle area.

Room Tip: I don't recall either a fitness center or a swimming pool at this property.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MAGDYI, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our accommodations so welcoming. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was highly dissapointed during my stay. The room was very outdated. The worst part was the bed. I have never slept in a more uncomfortable bed. It was as hard as a rock -the floor would have been just as soft as the bed. The pillows were even worse! They were super small and flat. I ended up rolling up a sweatshirt to use as a pillow.

Staff was also not very helpful.

All in all... I do not feel this hotel was worth staying at.

• Stayed March 2013
MAGDYI, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Seattle - Kent - Des Moines. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights. the first day we had the do not disturb sign on our door and maintenance came pounding on the door at 10am!! Check out isn't even until 11am!! I told him we were a stayover and he left us alone. The second night we were so hungry and it was too late to go to a restaurant so we were so happy that fred meyer was across the street. Well as soon as we parked our car and were getting our groceries out, the police came driving up and parked behind our car running the license plate and asking what we were doing. I kindly told him we were simply getting some dinner and going to our room and asked him if there was a problem. he said the area is known for drugs and prostitution!!! he ran our names and searched our vehicle after finding nothing and our names coming up clean he left us alone and said that the area is constantly patrolled and to be aware during future visits. well there will be no future visit for us. This was supposed to have been a relaxing night and instead it was a nightmare. Never again.

• Stayed February 2013
MAGDYI, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that my staff knocked on your door before check out and the police bothered you while you were going to your room. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will speaking with all my staff regarding your stay. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at SKT@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Cameron, Montana
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed at the Crossland Economy for two days on a business trip. Area is a little a "ghetto" but I felt safe. Hotel overall was fine and room was clean and bed was comfortable. The room had a kitchen which came in very handy and the staff was very nice. The was a huge Fed Meyers store across the street which was great for shopping. The room could have used a new TV because it is ancient. It definitely filled the needs that I had and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
MAGDYI, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that The staff provide friendly service, a clean room and you felt safe during your stay, I'm also glad the kitchen area was of good use to you during your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area
Des Moines, Washington
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is the second time Iv'e stayed at this hotel. Both times have been for three months or more. For the price the best place around, Seattle. Every concern has been addressed right away. The staff have all been friendly and professional I drive into Seattle at least twice a week only take 30 minutes, accept on week ends..

Room Tip: 3rd floor room are quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Gordy1-51
MAGDYI, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that the associates provided friendly and helpful service during your stay and was able to provide a home away from home while you are visiting Seattle. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The area is scarey! when we checked in the bathroom had pubic hair everywhere and the "non smoking room" smelled like nothing but chain smokers have ever stayed here. And it stinks like urine. The problem is customer service and housekeeping. They need to set rooms aside to do deep cleanings on. Carpets were horrible they need to be cleaned not just vacuumed! The blankets I'm sure are rarely washed. When you call the front desk and you are more positive and pleasent then they are that's a problem... they need to be more picky on who they let stay here. I'm pretty sure more than once there was obvious illegal activity. Bring anything that will make the room smell better plug ins or a candle warmer. purell and clorox wipes if you're staying here!

• Stayed August 2012
babyblue0560, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, September 11, 2012

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence. Again I like to apologize for your room condition and thank you for bringing it to our attention, please know that we will continue to work to improve the cleanliness of the room and work with the Front Desk Clerks to improve their customer service skills.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Ramada Kent Seattle Area

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines? Share your experiences!