“If you don't have anything nice to say...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines

Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Kent
“If you don't have anything nice to say...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was highly dissapointed during my stay. The room was very outdated. The worst part was the bed. I have never slept in a more uncomfortable bed. It was as hard as a rock -the floor would have been just as soft as the bed. The pillows were even worse! They were super small and flat. I ended up rolling up a sweatshirt to use as a pillow.

Staff was also not very helpful.

All in all... I do not feel this hotel was worth staying at.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MAGDYI, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Seattle - Kent - Des Moines. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed here with my husband for 2 nights. the first day we had the do not disturb sign on our door and maintenance came pounding on the door at 10am!! Check out isn't even until 11am!! I told him we were a stayover and he left us alone. The second night we were so hungry and it was too late to go to a restaurant so we were so happy that fred meyer was across the street. Well as soon as we parked our car and were getting our groceries out, the police came driving up and parked behind our car running the license plate and asking what we were doing. I kindly told him we were simply getting some dinner and going to our room and asked him if there was a problem. he said the area is known for drugs and prostitution!!! he ran our names and searched our vehicle after finding nothing and our names coming up clean he left us alone and said that the area is constantly patrolled and to be aware during future visits. well there will be no future visit for us. This was supposed to have been a relaxing night and instead it was a nightmare. Never again.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MAGDYI, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that my staff knocked on your door before check out and the police bothered you while you were going to your room. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will speaking with all my staff regarding your stay. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at SKT@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Kent hotels

Cameron, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed at the Crossland Economy for two days on a business trip. Area is a little a "ghetto" but I felt safe. Hotel overall was fine and room was clean and bed was comfortable. The room had a kitchen which came in very handy and the staff was very nice. The was a huge Fed Meyers store across the street which was great for shopping. The room could have used a new TV because it is ancient. It definitely filled the needs that I had and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MAGDYI, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that The staff provide friendly service, a clean room and you felt safe during your stay, I'm also glad the kitchen area was of good use to you during your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area
Des Moines, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is the second time Iv'e stayed at this hotel. Both times have been for three months or more. For the price the best place around, Seattle. Every concern has been addressed right away. The staff have all been friendly and professional I drive into Seattle at least twice a week only take 30 minutes, accept on week ends..

Room Tip: 3rd floor room are quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Gordy1-51
MAGDYI, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that the associates provided friendly and helpful service during your stay and was able to provide a home away from home while you are visiting Seattle. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

The area is scarey! when we checked in the bathroom had pubic hair everywhere and the "non smoking room" smelled like nothing but chain smokers have ever stayed here. And it stinks like urine. The problem is customer service and housekeeping. They need to set rooms aside to do deep cleanings on. Carpets were horrible they need to be cleaned not just vacuumed! The blankets I'm sure are rarely washed. When you call the front desk and you are more positive and pleasent then they are that's a problem... they need to be more picky on who they let stay here. I'm pretty sure more than once there was obvious illegal activity. Bring anything that will make the room smell better plug ins or a candle warmer. purell and clorox wipes if you're staying here!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
babyblue0560, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, September 11, 2012

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence. Again I like to apologize for your room condition and thank you for bringing it to our attention, please know that we will continue to work to improve the cleanliness of the room and work with the Front Desk Clerks to improve their customer service skills.

Homagama, null, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Finding personal, attentive, knowledge "5 Star Quality" staff at a studio suite like this was one of my more pleasurable surprises on my constant Vagabond trips. Particular "shout out" to Yolanda! She made my visit as comfortable as another bed along the road can be. This place respects your privacy, and is as peaceful a night's sleep as one can get, especially along an airport row.

I'm headin back after my brief sight seein sidetrip. Thanks all, and especially you, Yolanda, for making me feel at home.

Vagabond Ted

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Ted - Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings; it sounds like were able to do just that for you. Everyone will be so happy to hear your kind remarks and I will be sure to share your thoughts with Yolanda.

We look forward to having you stay with us again. Best of luck on your future "vagabond" trips.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

The rooms are clean and the hotel overall gives an appearance of being clean. However, once you check-in and get to your room you can see that everything is of poor to low quality. In their defense you get what you pay for and what is there is fairly clean. It's a warm, dry place if you need to stay and it fulfills that role fairly well for a good price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Seattle - Kent - Des Moines. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

As this hotel’s manager, We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable room is our guest's most valued amenity. Although our company regularly invests in room upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, and updated TV's, to respond to customer preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. I assure you that my hotel and all Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Four Points by Sheraton Seattle Airport South
BEST WESTERN Plus Plaza by the Green
BEST WESTERN Seattle Airport Hotel
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines? Share your experiences!