“Room For Improvements” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Kent
WA
“Room For Improvements”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

My wireless internet connection did NOT work, and the fee $4.99 plus tax was a waste of money. The lodging should NOT be selling or promoting this internet service OR fix the problem.
My room had toilet dripping with annoying sound.
The refrigerator has temperature control knob missing, and consequently, all my food including eggs and orange juice and carrots I bought was icy frozen.
The room was dirty. The location at Pacific Hwy along with many cheap motel is NOT safe or desirable. Be alert and vigilant at night.
Fred Meyer grocery store is a convenience. The price is right, and it is about $285 including tax for a week of stay. Still, there are a lot of room for improvements.

Room Tip: Get a room on third or top floor with limited view
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank whyreview

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
fairfax station, virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

I started to cry when I pulled into this place, I knew I had to be there for a month for work. It is basically subsized housing and doesnt feel safe at all. The room itself was OK, I asked for an ironing board as it is listed on the website and I have to "check it out for no more than two hours". Certainly no frills, bordering on what I would envision jail to be like...Internet keeps going off, I called and asked about it and I got the roteL "no one else has ever complained". I actually need the internet!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank logicalmouse

Travelers are raving about these Kent hotels

Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

Older building, but nicely maintained. They are upgrading. Very clean rooms, great staff, comfy beds, WiFi internet, laundry facility. Stayed at this location a week while vacationing in Seattle area. The location was great for us, for the attractions we wanted to see. Was in the middle really. Near Anacortes, Tacoma, Seattle, etc. Location was key with us. One bad experience, one morning, but was not the hotels fault. An unsupervised child pulled a fire alarm at 7:50 am. Talk about rude awakening. Again though that was not the fault of the hotel. Otherwise we had a very pleasant experience at the hotel. Would recommend to anyone. There was a little farmers market stand within walking distance of this location, it was GREAT.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Alexandria, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

This was an awful experience for us, staying here while visiting Seattle on vacation. First, the beds were really terrible, they had no give and were like sleeping on rocks. The room had pubes on the wall and bathroom--disgusting. They told us there were no amenities--they weren't kidding. No wake up calls, they charge for turnover service and even coffee, and not even basic soap in the room. There was a couple staying below us with a dog, who barked constantly...drove us CRAZY. The walls were paper thin, and between the stupid dog and the baby screaming next door all night, we barely got any sleep. I called to complain, and the jerk I spoke with was condescending, rude and completely unprofessional about it--told me there was nothing they could do. I threatened to call the police about the noise and he blew me off. The only reason I didn't leave is the week was paid for. Do yourself a favor--DO NOT stay here!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
northwest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

I've read a couple of reviews from various sites and I've got to say - were they reviewing the right hotel?
The only thing that I would agree with is the affordability.
When we arrived we noticed that the surrounding neighborhood was a little questionable; a little run down, a couple of police cars around the perimeter of the motel.
We proceeded to check-in with no issue, but on the way up to our room we passed a stairway that smelt like urine followed by overflown garbage cans as we reached the next floor.
Our first thought when entering the room was 'not bad for the price.' We proceeded to putting our belongings on the bed for a minute as we gave it a good one-through.
That's when everything became apparent.
The kitchenette floor had some sticky grime, hair left on the shower stall walls and bathroom floor, hair on window seal, reddish-brown stains on one of the double bed sheets (don't know if it was blood, but nevertheless), burns on both comforters, a plastic bag and perfume under one bed, miscellaneous stains on the walls, AND pubes somehow stuck to the walls and plastic molding at the corners of the walls.
We did let the front desk know of our concerns only to have the girl at the front desk hand my friend a large handful of napkins and admittedly say that the maid kind of chose how thoroughly she cleaned some rooms.

It was all completely unacceptable, so we asked for a full refund - which they were completely unapologetic for all of the mess. On our way out however, a police patrol car was in the parking lot running a license check on all of the vehicles. They must get a lot of felons or stolen vehicles or something in this area!
Never again will we stay there.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
kelso, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

Clean room, polite staff, quiet location just up the street from Fred Meyer. The room is complete with stovetop, dishes, pans silverware, microwave and mini fridge - very convenient if you want to avoid eating a lot of fast food! Only 30 minutes to downtown Seattle so it is definitely worth it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Portland, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

We asked for a non smoking and got smoking. The room was filthy, filthy, filthy. Marks in the shower, dead bugs on the kitchen floor, and a bed that smelled like Satan had slept in it the night before after skipping his showers for two or three centuries. Unfortunately, when we checked in, we only had time to drop off our bags before running off to make it to an appointment, so we couldn't ask for another room until after the front desk person had left. It was so bad, though, that we slept in our sleeping bags on top of the bed.The front desk lady was very helpful, but she kind of acted like we were severely inconveniencing her by asking for help in the morning. The room did have a kitchen, which for $50 is a great deal, but now I know why the "great deal" was available. This place would have to come under new management before I would consider driving past it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
BEST WESTERN Plus Plaza by the Green
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Sleep Inn SeaTac Airport
BEST WESTERN Seattle Airport Hotel
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines? Share your experiences!