TownePlace Suites Seattle Southcenter
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed June 14, 2007

We stayed for four nights and had an overall pleasant stay.
Book a King as opposed to a Queen suite if you are able, the King is just plain roomier.

The pool is outdoors as is the hot tub. The pool is not heated so brace yourself. It is nice however to sit in the hot tub on a chilly day or evening which Seattle can have through June.

This hotel is close to the I-405 which is a nightmare during rush hours as is the I-5 depending on which way you are heading.
Rule of thumb as in most large cities...heading into the city in the AM (6-9) is nasty, heading out of the city in the PM (4-7) is nasty. Use the carpool lane heading into downtown in the morning to save some time (took us 1/2 hour at 7am).

the Airport Shuttle is handy. The courtesy phone is not by the baggage claim however, it is across skywalk on the 3rd floor of the parking garage at Sea-Tac. The shuttle leaves the hotel to go to the airport on the hour every hour of the day.

Housekeeping was efficient, the continental breakfast was good, and the laundry facilities were convenient. The staff at the desk was helpful and friendly and let us check in early with no problems. I would recommend this hotel for anyone unable to find or afford anything in the heart of Seattle.

FYI - These rooms are entered from the outside. There are no indoor corridors to enter from.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank odogg0824

Reviewed May 16, 2007

We booked this hotel at a great price during peak season. It's a short drive to the airport (5 minutes max) and a quick trip to downtown Seattle (15 minutes).

The room was great... clean, quite and the beds were very comfortable. The staff was VERY nice and friendly and the free breakfast was good. The kitchenette was very handy as we bought crabs downtown and cooked them in the room (saved a bunch rather than going out to eat!)

It's not a fancy hotel, but would definately stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank letsg0travel
Reviewed January 28, 2007

WOW... I love Marriott Hotels and Resorts and I am a Marriott Rewards Member. I had to make a trip to Washington over the holidays to visit family and we wanted to save money, Generally we stay at 5, 6 or 7 star resorts through Marriott. When I saw this was rated 1 through Marriott, I was concerned. Well, all I can say is WOW. What a nice surprise. We arrived and had the shuttle pick us up at the airport since we were not renting a car. We were going to be spending time with Family and so we decided we only needed the transportation to and from the airport. What a nice surprise. Free shuttle service both ways and very efficient. Then when we arrived at the hotel the front desk staff was awesome. It was like they were waiting for us. They checked us in very quickly and then told us that they would be starting a food and drink service soon. We had wine and pizza. FREE. The lobby area is also the area that they have there food service. Quaint. A fireplace, couches, overstuffed chairs, tables and chairs to eat and drink at. They also had beer and soft drinks, and free coffee day or night. Then they told us make sure you get some hot delicious cookies before you turn in tonight. YUM YUM... We had a great room. For a catagory one I was impressed. The bed was very comfortable. Extra pillows, sofa, table and a dinning table with 2 chairs and a kitchen with frig, stove, microwave, coffee maker, etc... I was really impressed. Then in the morning they have a breakfast that was included. Cold/ hot cereal, fruit, hard boiled eggs, juice, muffins/toast/bagels and of course hot coffee or tea. I was impressed with the rooms, the free food and shuttle service. Oh and free internet in the lobby also. But most of all the staff was beyond excellent. Marriott should be proud of this hotel and they need to re- rate this hotel to at least a catagory 4. Way to go Marriott Towneplace Suites Kent.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank nmolles
Reviewed September 8, 2006

September 7-8, 2006 – This was my first stay at a TownePlace Suites hotel by Marriott. I chose this property primarily because all of the other Marriott properties in the area were $200 or more, the highest rates that I have experienced for this area in the past four years. My room rate at TownePlace Suites was $159 per night.

The hotel is located at the intersection of West Valley Highway and 18th Streed (AKA 43rd Street). It is about five miles directly east of Sea-Tac airport. Southcenter mall with many restaurants is about one mile away.

I was traveling with my boss on business. We arrived at the hotel about 8:00 PM and check in was typical “Marriott” fast. We slowed the process down somewhat by asking that our rooms be changed so that they were closer together. The front desk associates helping us handled this quickly and in a friendly and helpful manner.

My room was number 226, a non-smoking king suite on the 2nd floor. The suite was basically one large room, about 400 sq. ft, which was divided into a kitchen/work area, a sitting area and the sleeping area.

The bed was very comfortable and featured Marriott’s new style bedding. There was a queen-size sofa bed in the sitting area so the room could hold two adults and two children comfortably. The kitchen had a full-size refrigerator with icemaker, a two burner stove, microwave, and all of the other things you would expect in a kitchen. The eating area doubled as the work desk which would not be convenient if you needed to use it for both purposes.

The bathroom was reasonable size with the vanity/sink in the bathroom. The shower was a combination bathtub and shower. There were two sets of towels and the quality is what you would expect of a Marriott property.

The television sits between the bed and sitting area and can be swiveled for viewing in either. There were network and cable channels as well as pay-per-view movies. High speed internet service was by STSN/Ibahn and was complimentary. It connected to our company VPN and worked perfectly.

When I was ready to leave the next morning at 4:30 AM I could not find my rental car keys. My boss’s flight was at 6:00 and the front desk arranged to take him immediately to Sea-Tac airport, about five miles away. By the time the driver had returned to the hotel I had arranged for Hertz to pick-up their car. He immediately took me to the airport even though others were scheduled about 15 minutes later. I was impressed with the service, friendliness and concern over my lost car keys and need to catch flights.

Because of our late arrival and early departure we did not have the opportunity to try the evening snacks or morning breakfast that are both complimentary. Because it was dark I did not get a good look at the pool.

Overall I thought the service was great and the hotel was very good.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank LakersFan
Reviewed August 28, 2006

I booked the room as a reward from Marriott and maybe that was the problem. Our room did not have a full kitchen, it lacked a dishwasher and a stove, just a microwave. Our room # 120 faces the West Valley Highway and also borders an exit ramp. Lots of street noise. The hotel is sandwiched by two busy streets. There are rooms that face inward or face courtyards and the pool. Ask for one of those. This property is about 12 miles from downtown Seattle and you will need a car or have to take public transportation to get anywhere. (Or maybe the hotel shuttle which I did not use.) The rooms are clean and the hotel grounds are nice. Breakfast was cereal, fruit, muffins, bagels, toast, instant oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, juice and milk. The pool and hottub are both outside. They have a small exercise room.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank juliebug52
Reviewed June 26, 2006

From the 23rd to the 26th, my wife and I stayed at this full suite hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I am being transferred to the Seattle area and so we needed a centrally located Hotel to look and study the widely diverse communities. With a full kitchen (e.g. Refrig, dishwasher, stove, microwave and all untensils) internet access and a comfortable living room area, the Towneplace fit the bill perfectly.
Staff was very helpful and pleasant, with good advice on where to look. A full self-service laundry, a complete workout room, a very nice pool with spa help the stay feel like home. In fact the family in the next suite took advantage of the upscale propane grill and grilled steaks and hot dogs on Saturday evening bringing others out of their rooms at the great aromas and brought people together to talk and introduce themselves.
Easy acess to SEATAC airport, shopping, resturantes and all major highways. We were less than 20 minutes from Central Seattle and only 30 minutes to both Tacoma and Bellvue.
We're going back for a longer house-hunting trip in December and we will definately stay here.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
8  Thank West-Coast-Writer
Reviewed October 2, 2005

We stayed here one night postcruise, and were delighted with the property. The one room suites are huge with a separate living room and kitchen area, and are pleasantly decorated. There is a free breakfast and on weeknights wine, beer, soft drinks and snack items. A free internet computer is located in the lobby. They take you to and from the airport at your convenience, even as early as 5:00 AM.

• Stayed: September 2005
7  Thank ellieca
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Residence Inn Seattle South/Tukwila
Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area

Been to TownePlace Suites Seattle Southcenter? Share your experiences!