“Comfortable Place”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Wisconsin
“Comfortable Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2009

This is the second time we've stayed at this lodging for an extended period of time when we've visited our son and daughter-in-law in Seattle. It has spacious rooms with small kitchens and basic utensils for cooking if one wants. It even has a dishwasher, though we didn't use it. It is really convenient when one is staying for several days to have a place to make sandwiches or basic meals if need be. The hotel, however, also provides a very adequate continental breakfast each day. They do need a larger breakfast area, however, as it's a large motel and sometimes, there's no place to sit for breakfast.

We had a King room, and this was spacious and convenient with two sets of large windows which could be opened, plus an AC unit if needed. And it got hot in Seattle while we were there, and was needed! The AC worked very well for us. The grounds are attractive, and there is also a guest laundry, which we used, an exercise room, and an outdoor pool. The place is generally well-kept and quite easy to access, as well as close to shopping, restaurants, and the airport.

There is good wired internet access, and a spacious desk/table to use a computer. We appreciate the security of wired access as most lodgings have only wireless.

The room was generally in good repair; however, the tub surround needed some work as there was some mildew in the grout, and it just generally needed replacement.

It's a good place to stay, though a bit pricey, as is everything in the area. We will likely stay here again when visiting, as we've tried two other establishments in the area when we've visited, and found this one to be by far the best for the price of the ones we've tried.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

This is going to be a mixed review, there were some really good things about the hotel, and then there were some gross things... The staff was very friendly and courteous. We brought our dog with us and stayed in a suite on the lower floor right next to the pool. The managers reception was nice (2 buck chuck and ravioli) It would have been nicer if they had the managers reception for more than two days (Tuesday and Wednesday). I enjoyed their breakfast (the waffles were delish). The reason I am only giving them 3 stars is because the room was not so clean when we arrived. The carpet was filthy (I kept finding random things on the floor, a staple, a plastic thingy, another plastic thingy. Not so good when you have a pup with naked paws). On the fridge there is a note that says to feel free to re-arrange the furniture... when I moved the couch there was a pile of dust, crumbs, dog biscuits etc under it).. The sheets on the bed were slightly stained (nothing too scary, it looked like crayon or something [hopefully]). However, the bathroom was clean and the kitchen was clean (and well stocked), when I called about the carpet a nice cleaning person showed up and vacuumed and changed the sheets. I guess this would be a good place if you had a family and a car (we are from Seattle and were just getting out of our house for the 103 degree day). I should mention that the only reason I would not recommend this to a friend is because I don't know too many people who would want to stay so far away from downtown Seattle (most of my friends don't have children)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2009

We stayed for three nights over the 4th of July weekend. We chose this hotel for it's very reasonable price and it's location not far from the home of our son/stepson. It sits in the middle of an industrial area, which explains the low weekend rates. But, TAKE ADVANTAGE of that if you have a car. It was a real value.

The corner suite we had was equipped with a kitchen, all the dishes, dish soap, etc, even paper towels, a queen bed, sofa and large desk. We took full advantage of all the amenities - a nice pool and jacuzzi, clean, large coin-laundry room, workout room, and a lobby breakfast area with a large TV in one corner, a computer/printer in another, and tables that even had a flower in a vase on them. They did pick up all the breakfast item on the dot of 9 or 10 so don't be late. There was a nice selection of cereals, breads/pastries, waffles, fruit and yogurt.

Other than one breakfast staffer who complained that we shouldn't be asking for more items because it was "ALMOST 10:00," the staff was very nice and helpful. The room was quiet even when fireworks were going off in the neighborhood (and even by some of the guests). I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

We stayed there for 2 days and the staff was amazing. One of them even let me used her computer when I needed to print out my boarding pass and the only one computer wasn't available. At any rate, while I was standing at the front desk using the computer, she greeted everyone with a big smile and was very friendly and helpful. Plus, this is only 2.5 miles from the airport and they have shuttle service if requested. I'd definitely recommend this place to others.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hfy200
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while presenting workshops to middle school students. A wonderful experience! The rooms are updated, clean and comfortable. A small, fully equipped kitchen is a part of the suite. On Tuesday and Wednesday nights, they have a complimentary "light supper" and complimentary beer, wine and soda in the main lobby. My only compliment is that when I arrived at breakfast at 8:00, everything was gone--the waffle mix, bowls for oatmeal, and bagels. (Free breakfast is served from 6-9 am). The next morning, I had breakfast at 7 am before I left and it was fully stocked. However, if you miss breakfast, there is a great Starbucks across from the hotel which had a great selection of breakfast items.

The exterior of the hotel has a pool, hot tub, and basketball court. There are quiet walkways to each suite and pretty cherry trees--which were in bloom during my stay. The hotel itself is very quiet--much quieter than some of the other choices in the Sea-Tac area. The beds are comfortable, and they allow pets with a small $10 per day charge. The staff is very helpful, and on my first night, called my room to see if I needed anything.
I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

Our family stayed here on a vacation to the Seattle area, visiting family. We stayed approximately 5 days, and couldn't have been happier with the room, location and staff. We took advantage of the pool, laundry, internet connection, and basketball court. We found the room comfortable and clean, the location convenient and quiet, and the staff friendly and helpful. The room had a kitchenette and refrigerator, microwave and dishes. It was wonderful to cook our own meals, and save on eating out. I would highly recommend this hotel for extended stays for families and couples.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2009

We had to overnight in Seattle on our way down to Mexico & we were looking for a nice, clean place to stay in that was close to the airport. The room was well kept & the staff was very friendly. They even provide a shuttle every hour to the Southcenter Mall which was pretty convenient. The continental breakfast was pretty good & overall don't have any complaints! A couple nights a week they invite you to have a light dinner, where they also provided beers!

• Liked — Clean room
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
BEST WESTERN Plus Plaza by the Green
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Home2 Suites by Hilton Seattle Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent
Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport

Been to TownePlace Suites Seattle Southcenter? Share your experiences!