“Hmmmmm....”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Kent
potsdam NY
“Hmmmmm....”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Checked in here- perfect- lovely clean ?- had all these plaques under bed- "we check under here" well that was nice but there were several large things that were on the carpet in plain view you missed!
!Nice guy at front end - I asked about a bar & he said we have a bar- and a great happy hour with stir fried chicken ! Great! So I walk all around beautiful downtown and do a 3 mile round trip walk in hot heat-Come back to the happy hour- where is it?
Bartender will be back in7-10 minutes- ok? I will have some of your happy hour food- he says we are all out! Wha?!
No more food! Mind you the plaque on the lobby says 5:30-7:45 happy hour-I get here at 6 pm- I am pretty mad cause now I am not walking back downtown to eat or drink- and my father said he will wait to eat something downstairs. The guy at the desk was a jerk- I was very mad at this point & told him this place was as tacky as it gets.. He says we are the only Red Lion who puts this out wow - that is exciting for the folks who get here right at 5:30!

. So if it is not there for everyone between the hours of 5:30-7:45 like your sign says than ....
Please- why bother??
The bar that he claimed they had? A little window - like a drive thru with no seating... Are you kidding me? Please save us all and say st 5:30 we put out food ONE time -one batch- and No we dont have a bar but you can sit at- its a Take out window- to take back to your room or drink in the lobby- I was here with my terminally ill father who told me- "I will be fine to pick at the offerings downstairs- " get there nothing!!!
this is my second stay at a red lion and they are cheap and cut corners and charge you for every little thing- last stay here- back to Marriott & best westerns
my only 2 stays at Red Lion have nickel & dimed people for breakfasts- views- when you use AAA- or AARP

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank dwright438
maria f, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for the review. My staff & I apologize that we obviously failed you on your stay with us. I assure you that is not our usual performance & we have discussed your feedback in our staff meeting this month so we can prevent a repeat of this issue. Please let me know if there is anything I can do personally to change your impression/experience at our hotel.

Please contact me at 253-250-6670

Maria Flores-Chayres

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Dust free rooms , they even leave a note under the cabinet that they dusted there too. Big room . Nice soundproofing there near a train track but you can barely hear it . A real 2.5 star hotel.i haven't been in a hotel that the star rating matched in a long time

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Joeandtiffany
Thank you so much for the compliment. I'm pleased to learn that you found our facility clean, this is all thanks to our Housekeeping team for their hard work. Your feedback is a gift and we appreciate the time you took to write a review about your experience. We strive to impress our guests with the best in guest service, cleanliness, and quality of product.
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed at the Red Lion Inn & Suites in Kent, WA from Fri-Sun for a Softball tournament. When we arrived it was a little after 10 pm and Sara, who was working at the front desk, was more than helpful. We needed a room with a microwave and a fridge and she went through at least five separate rooms to ensure that our needs were accommodated. This hotel has a nice indoor pool and an onsite laundry room that accepts quarters (which they are very helpful at the front desk with exchanging money). There was complimentary breakfast available each day that we were there which consisted of sausage, eggs, bagels, English muffins, toast, donuts, waffles, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, plus lots of choices for beverages. The staff was keeping all of the food restocked in a timely manner which was very nice because it was a busy breakfast morning-lots of people eating. The only con about this hotel was the train that goes by is very loud and seems to go by quite often. My experience at this hotel was very good and I would definitely stay here again!

1 Thank krmichelle
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent. We always appreciate positive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property as much as we enjoy working here and serving our guests. I'll be sure to personally thank Sara for her Great service and we hope to see you again soon!
spokane
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Was very pleased by our week long stay. Originally booked two nights to check out the facility and extended our stay. Newly remodeled, the hotel met all of our expectations. Free hot breakfast every morning and cookies at night. All the front desk staff did an excellent job, especially Fernando, Sam and Maria. They are every bit as professional and courteous as any 4 star establishment.

1 Thank jknels24
We are here to Impress you and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! Reading this makes me very proud of our team who went above and beyond to make your stay memorable. I'll be sure to thank them and we all appreciate the time you took to share your experience with other travelers.
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I did not expect much but I was surprised by the quality of the rooms. The beds were comfortable, the rooms had a new room smell with your standard flat screen TV, the AC worked great, the microwave worked well and the fridge was very cold. Overall I was very happy with the room.

The hotel has a new mini fitness room with brand new equipment that didn't even rock and make noise when I ran on it. The pool was nice and there is also a hot tub. For a nice added bonus you get a lite snack and 2 free drinks in the evening. Real drinks with top shelf stuff. The two guys who worked the night front desk rocked. Fernando and James were both very professional, respectful and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay. And, before I forget, the hotel is pet friendly.

I am not really sure what partying people were talking about, we stayed for a week and it was, hands down the quietest hotel stay I have ever had, no BS.

I will recommend this hotel to my coworkers.

1 Thank hatric26
maria f, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent, WA. We are excited that you were impressed with every facet of your stay at our hotel. Our goal is to ensure that every guest is treated in the same manner you were when you arrived and up to when you walked out the door. We pride ourselves on being a "Hotel Guests Love" and hope to see you back in the near future. I will pass on the kind words to Fernando and James so they know how happy you were with their services. Again, thank you for staying with us!
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I use Trip advisor often, and I booked this hotel based on the rating. In hind sight I see that the reviewers are NOT regular trip advisor users which is how this place is ranked so high. We booked two nights here and after a practically sleepless night due to noise we checked out and stayed at the holiday inn for a the same rate the next night. This place has had a facelift, but the bones are still bad and the atmosphere is much more young and party than business and leisure. We were going to be a late check-in so I called ahead to let them know we'd be late and specifically asked for a quite room. We were placed next to the elevator on the 2nd floor? My first tip off was the ultimate fighting they were watching in the lobby when I arrived. We left and came back for a bit and there was a full swing pizza party in the lobby being used by guests and ultimate fighting still on TV. Admittedly there was a basketball team staying in the hotel, but after I called the front desk and complained about the noise with no results I actually went up and knocked on the door an hour later around midnight. Two nice, young and lightweight girls answered the door. They were not doing acrobatics or jumping on the bed, but the noise in this place was amplified. There was also a light right outside our room and even with the blackout curtains pulled there was a halo of light in our room all night. Otherwise, the amenities were okay, all soap, shampoo, etc was in dispensers on the wall - really basic and pedestrian. I did complain and talk to the staff, but they couldn't help, didn't offer solutions and were not trained in the hospitality industry.

Room Tip: If you stay, insist on the top floor!