“nice little surprise”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Clarksville, Tennessee
“nice little surprise”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I did not expect much but I was surprised by the quality of the rooms. The beds were comfortable, the rooms had a new room smell with your standard flat screen TV, the AC worked great, the microwave worked well and the fridge was very cold. Overall I was very happy with the room.

The hotel has a new mini fitness room with brand new equipment that didn't even rock and make noise when I ran on it. The pool was nice and there is also a hot tub. For a nice added bonus you get a lite snack and 2 free drinks in the evening. Real drinks with top shelf stuff. The two guys who worked the night front desk rocked. Fernando and James were both very professional, respectful and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay. And, before I forget, the hotel is pet friendly.

I am not really sure what partying people were talking about, we stayed for a week and it was, hands down the quietest hotel stay I have ever had, no BS.

I will recommend this hotel to my coworkers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hatric26
maria f, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent, WA. We are excited that you were impressed with every facet of your stay at our hotel. Our goal is to ensure that every guest is treated in the same manner you were when you arrived and up to when you walked out the door. We pride ourselves on being a "Hotel Guests Love" and hope to see you back in the near future. I will pass on the kind words to Fernando and James so they know how happy you were with their services. Again, thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I use Trip advisor often, and I booked this hotel based on the rating. In hind sight I see that the reviewers are NOT regular trip advisor users which is how this place is ranked so high. We booked two nights here and after a practically sleepless night due to noise we checked out and stayed at the holiday inn for a the same rate the next night. This place has had a facelift, but the bones are still bad and the atmosphere is much more young and party than business and leisure. We were going to be a late check-in so I called ahead to let them know we'd be late and specifically asked for a quite room. We were placed next to the elevator on the 2nd floor? My first tip off was the ultimate fighting they were watching in the lobby when I arrived. We left and came back for a bit and there was a full swing pizza party in the lobby being used by guests and ultimate fighting still on TV. Admittedly there was a basketball team staying in the hotel, but after I called the front desk and complained about the noise with no results I actually went up and knocked on the door an hour later around midnight. Two nice, young and lightweight girls answered the door. They were not doing acrobatics or jumping on the bed, but the noise in this place was amplified. There was also a light right outside our room and even with the blackout curtains pulled there was a halo of light in our room all night. Otherwise, the amenities were okay, all soap, shampoo, etc was in dispensers on the wall - really basic and pedestrian. I did complain and talk to the staff, but they couldn't help, didn't offer solutions and were not trained in the hospitality industry.

Room Tip: If you stay, insist on the top floor!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kerry M
maria f, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank You for the time you have invested to write a review about your experience. We appreciate the research you did and I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your specific feedback is very helpful and we will use it to coach our team. Please accept my apology I hope that you will decide to stay with us again.
Moses Lake, Washington
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel didn't just exceed my expectations, it raised the bar for other hotels!!

The hotel is newly remodeled and looks great! The location was great and the rooms were terrific; the beds were comfortable, there were ample supplies, and it was clean. Everything was excellent, but the hospitality of the front desk was AWESOME and FERNANDO was awesomeness personified!!! There is service and there is hospitality and Fernando managed to encompass both! I will always stay at this hotel when I am in the area. If you are looking for a place to stay, stop...go no further...book the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 4Jen
maria f, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay, our staff and hotel. We appreciate that you take notice of all of the details from our excellent staff to our convenient location. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel was a great experience. The staff was very gracious, kind, and helpful. The rooms were very clean and large, the beds were comfortable and we slept well. My son enjoyed the pool area. Great breakfast buffet/service with a variety of food options so that everyone had something they enjoyed. The interurban trail was close by for an early morning run. It's only a few miles from Kent Station where there are some great restaurants and shopping. Close to freeway access as well. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jen1514118
Thank You for sharing your experience with others. I am very proud of the people on our team, I'll be sure to Thank them and pass along your comments to encourage their efforts. We look forward to serving your family again the next time you visit the Kent/Seattle area.
Kent
Reviewed January 13, 2013

They have just remodled the hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool was a great place to unwind! It was Good proximity to Seattle. Starbucks was close by. Quiet and a nice place to lay your head.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank leah o
maria f, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. My staff & I are motivated by guest comments like yours. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and our relaxing hotel. Your comments and feedback are very important to us as we strive to provide the absolute best experience for our guest. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel, staff members are great very nice and kind. I just found out their remodeling it so i can't wait to see how it will turn out!! This place was horrible but with the new owners and staff are making this place a great place for people to feel at home and welcomed.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Saramf22
maria f, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing the details of your experience with others. I'm pleased to know that your stay was great. Our entire TEAM thanks you for the strong rating and your kind words. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in our area.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stay here each time through my company. nice people, convenient location, blah blah blah, basically you're paying for good service, and a clean room. Trip Advisor is forcing me to put in 200 character minimum. The hotel has new carpets. The pool and spa are maintained perfectly. New beds that are not saggy at all but firm and comfy. If you have to stay in Kent, this is the place i would recommend.

Room Tip: south side rooms are cozier
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Chase A
maria f, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for showing your loyalty to Kent Inn & Suites Hotel, on your recent return visit. Your comments about our staff and their friendliness will be shared with the team. Many guests find our location to be a bonus on their first visit and a reason to return. I'm glad to hear that you found our new beds comfortable and that we maintain our facilities to your standards. We look forward to serving you again the next time you visit the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent
Best Western Plus Mountain View Auburn Inn

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area? Share your experiences!