“Big room size but not good management”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Kent

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Vancouver
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Overall my husband and myself really like this hotel. This is the 3rd year in a row that we have stayed at Hawthorn Suites. We find the hotel staff friendly, the rooms are spacious and well equipped with coffee maker, full size fridge, microwave, dishes and silverware. Room also includes free Wi-Fi, pool and jacuzzi. The hotel is located in a industrial area so it is very quiet. Our only complaints would be that the rooms only have queen size beds and the breakfast has been better in the past.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Dorothy H, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty in coming back to us again this year. Without more information I don’t know if it was the selection of breakfast items or the quality so I can’t address the problem. I do hope you will come back and see us next year
Springboro
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean & closely located to the Seattle Boeing facility, I was visiting for work. The staff was friendly meeting the few small requests I had. The only quibble - there might be some "adult beverages" served during the "dinner" --- I have stayed at contemporary Embassy Suites & Marriot properties often & they universally offer these type of refreshments when light dinners are served. Not a deal breaker though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Dorothy H, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Kevin, thank you for staying with us and I hope you will do so again when business brings you this way. We appreciate your feedback on the evening beverage selection and will take it under consideration. Thank you again for your loyalty.
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Have been here many times. It has been our 1st choice when flying from Seatac. This time booked 3 nights. Service has gone down. Turned down shousekeeping 1st day but never saw service any other time. When we got to room there were empties on patio and no chairs. Coffee grounds in coffee maker, no dishwasher soap, no dinner plates, no dish cloth no way to clean dishes except with bathroom cloth and paper towels. Breakfast is extremely good. Dinners are available only Mon & Wed now. No staff looking after it. front desk seemed annoyed when asked if we could get coffee or hot water. 2 litre pop was available at dinner but it is evident they keep putting out same pop until the bottle is empty. Totally flat.

• Stayed July 2013
I am very sorry to hear about your experience here. I can say it is not typical of the service we offer. Since you have been here many times in the past I am sure you know that this visit was very out of the ordinary. So many things were missed that I simply don’t know where to start. I shared many of your comments with our housekeeping department and I am confident that closer attention will be paid in the future. I hope you will give us another try.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area
Best Western Seattle Airport Hotel

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport? Share your experiences!