Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Henderson, Nevada
“Great Stay”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great stay, felt right at home. Suite very comfortable has everything you need for an extended stay. Room was very clean and staff was very friendly, even called the first night to ask if everything was satisfactory. Will be back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
SACRAMENTO
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was our 3rd time staying at this property in the past 12 months (including 2 Thanksgiving holidays & this past April) to the tune of over $1,000.00 in total charges. This time we were terribly disappointed! Upon booking, I was told we would have a "hot tub" room which we didn't get. The entire stay, only the 2 bedrooms were able to heat/stay warm whereas the living room/kitchen areas were freezing cold. This was reported & we were told that maintenance would "look" into it due to a new thermostat. We were there for 3 nights and it was never fixed and we weren't moved! Also, 2 days the downstairs toilet wasn't cleaned properly (fecal matter left around rim of toilet)...I mentioned our disappointment to the young lady upon checking out Sat, Nov. 24th and I was given the typical, customer service cop-out of, "I'm sorry". This was INCREDIBLE!!! As a traveling business person/owner that deals with customers, when I screw up, I reach out and make things right as possible. At the very least, we should've been comped 1 of the 3 nights...My family and I walked away DISGUSTED!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

1 Thank ANTHONY J

Travelers are raving about these Kent hotels

Reviewed November 9, 2012

First let me say that I am not a disgruntled employee or someone who has a grudge against this particular hotel chain. My husband and I travel quite a bit and usually stay in mid range, nice relatively clean hotels. We are point club members of this as well as other hotel chains. I normally don't write reviews because I feel they would be nit picking on little expected nuances.
Although we have stayed in several nice Hawthorn Suites, and will continue to frequent them, we will never stay in this particular one again. This is my real life experience of this particular Hawthorn Suites.
We checked in the evening of Monday the 5th. We had never been to this area of the country for an overnighter, but my husbands job brought us here for a few days. Most of the reviews and photos made this out to be a pretty normal and average place to stay, however upon our arrival, we found the room, appliances and bedding to be nasty and the bathroom really should have been condemned years ago. We had to ask for clean sheets to remake our bed. Thankfully during the colder months we travel with several blankets that we were able to use on the bed and to cover the sofa.
The bathroom was the absolute worst...with chunks of tile missing, nasty stains everywhere, but the worst, was the tub. How can you get clean in something so filthy? It had black dirt or mold seeping out every little (and big) crack and crevice. And there were many!! It was a huge jacuzzi tub (we didn't ask for) and was obvious it had been repainted several times with huge chips in the paint. The jets looked very nasty although I was afraid to get too close because of what might come out of them. The nonslip tub bottom was literally black. The entire bathroom looked like it belonged in a junkyard for condemned items. We had to ask for bleach cleaner which didn't make things any cleaner, just gave a little peace of mind that we could step into the tub to shower off.
I am picky when it comes to spending this much for a room. Funny how I expect things to be relatively clean and inhabitable.
For the same cost, stay at the Residence Inn by the airport. It has the same amenities, but much cleaner and quieter. You won't be up all night hearing your 500 pound neighbor bowling with the elephants.

• Stayed November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
BEST WESTERN Plus Plaza by the Green
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent
Ramada Kent Seattle Area
BEST WESTERN Seattle Airport Hotel
Red Lion Inn & Suites

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport? Share your experiences!