Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed August 25, 2011

On business, took my mother and 6 year old - outdoor swimming Pool is OK but our room was dank and gross. Got into bed and just a few minutes later flicked on the light and the bed had FLEAS.

Rude staff when I complained so we left. Stay at the Hampton Inn across the street !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Catherine R
HawthornKent, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2011

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review regarding your experience at the Hawthorn Suites. I truly apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay with us. Upon hearing your complaint I immediately called out our vendor for pest control. This was very concerning. We take great pride in being proactive against all pests by hiring a third party vendor and have regular treatments along with training our staff to do rigorous cleaning and look for potential issues we can proactively address. I am so sorry we fell short. In addition, I sincerely apology for the lack of service your received from our staff. This is completely unacceptable. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I guarantee you it will be addressed. We are in the hospitality business and every associate must take care of you – our valued guest. I would love to talk with you in person about your experience as I would like to earn your business back. Please call me directly. Thank you again for your honest feedback. I take this to heart and changes will be made.

There are newer reviews for Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport

Reviewed August 17, 2011

First off I have to say that I was excited to stay at this hotel for one night before having to return home early the next morning. Things started off bad from the beginning. Before I arrived I had called a couple weeks earlier after making the reservation and requested a upper room mentioning that I was a light sleeper and would be leaving early in the morning and wanted nobody above me so I could sleep and they said that they would put that request in and take care of it at check-in. Upon arriving at the airport I called for the shuttle to pick me up. Told me it would be about 15 minutes. 30 minutes passed and I called again and they said that they were to busy for someone to come get me but would pick me up as soon as they could. Really?!! You don't have a seperate shuttle person. Needless to say a hour later I was finally picked up. The driver didn't even get out or anything. I loaded myself and bag. The driver didn't even apologize for the wait and never spoke one word the whole way to the trip though he sure did enjoy his foot on the pedal speeding 20 miles over the speed limit. Upon arrival I stood at the counter for 5 minutes intill someone finally came and checked me in. Of course I was put on the lower floor despite my call ahead request and they claimed to have no upper room's available claiming they were completely booked. Took my debit card, swiped it got my room key. Beware, they're doing the same like other hotels with debit cards. Charged my card $20 without letting me know. Found out the next morning checking my account online. I did get the funds back but at least tell me your doing it instead of doing it secretly behind my back so I can't complain about it.

While checking in in the other lobby there was a free food dinner with beer and wine being served. I would of totally not known about this free dinner had I not read it on the hotel's website. Never once did the front desk clerk mention it so I walked over and helped myself. Guess this is there way of making up for their lack up quality customer service.

The suite was nice size but the whole place looks liked a renovated apartment complex feel with a small pool, tennis court and small fitness center. The bed was nice and comfortable with nice size bathroom with jucuzzi. However the furniture decor wasn't anything I expected. It was like from the 70's and was completely uncomfortable to sit and watch tv. I had to turn the tv around and lay on the bed cause if was so uncomfortable. There is a microwave, dishwasher with dishes with stove though I didn't use it. As I was reading the book about the services I had noticed that there was only shuttle service from 7am-11pm. Found it shocking so I was worried about getting to my plane early morning that left at 6am. That morning checking out I inquired about the next shuttle and they asked if I made an appointment ahead of time and I said no. No one mentioned to me that I needed to so it was my asumption that there was 24 hour shuttle service. Lucky for me the driver was available and I made it to my flight thankfully!!

To sum this place up, customer service is severly lacking here. Never once did they apologize for anything from late pick up at airport to not honoring my request before arrival. That is the con. As for the pro the bed was comfortable, jucuzzi was nice to relax in and place was clean despite old fashioned furniture that's uncomfortable to sit in. Having the free dinner was nice though it was simply hot dogs and hamburgers. The wine though wasn't anything to be desired. It was nice that there was a wendy's and gas station just a hop and a skip next door to go get food and drinks.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank hawkphin
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Staff didn't help fix the LAN, nor offer a different room. If I had been on a business trip, I'd have had to change hotels.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank StevenTokyo
HawthornKent, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us feedback on your recent stay. I apologize your were not able to access the internet during your stay. We have knowledge staff that can assist the guests with technical difficulties. In addition, each suite has signage that allows our guests to call techinical support 24 hours a day at no cost.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Stayed here for four nights in a 2 bed/2 bath/jacuzzi condo. Very nice! It was perfect for 2 adults and 2 kids. The pool was nice, although the jacuzzi desperately needed repainting. Laundry facilities were much appreciated. Had two minor maintenance concerns--told front desk in the morning and by our return in the evening, they were fixed. Location worked out great for us. We went north to the Boeing Factory in Everett one day and south to Mt. Rainier one day. Great stay prior to our Alaskan Cruise. If ever in area again, would stay here again. Very quiet. Morning breakfasts were good. Employee, Dexter, did a great job keeping everything filled and stocked. Evening reception did need some help. There were not any sodas offered and the female that was offering beer/wine acted like a "food guard" and was constantly being the portion police. Might be easier to put a sign by the food instead of someone constantly saying "one piece of chicken only". The calendar in the room of the evening food offerings was nice. Very clean rooms, housekeeping staff did a great job. Front desk staff was very friendly and lots of guests from all parts of the country. In room internet availability was also appreciated. We even left a camera battery charger plugged in and one week later, I called the hotel and they found it and are shipping it back to me. Airport transporation was also much appreciated and prompt. Excellent!

1  Thank traveler201047
HawthornKent, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2011

Thank you for your recent review. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Originally had reserved a two bedroom condo. Unfortunately my sister hurt her back and was unable to climb stairs. The staff graciously let us trade our reservation for two one-bed studios without any extra charges. Really appreciated it! The rooms were very comfortable and only wished we could have stayed in the original.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
HawthornKent, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I am happy that the front desk staff was able to accommodate your sister. Thank you very much for staying with us!

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We chose hawthorn as it was close to relative's house in Kent. Otherwise we would not have selected this part of Seattle to stay for several days. It was once a beautiful agricultural valley between two ridges in south Seattle and is now mostly strip malls with a few scattered farms. Hawthorn suited my family needs very well. It is a
unique property built like a suburban apartment complex with small two and three story buildings connected by nicely landscaped paths and pool. Our unit was two stories tall and offered two bedrooms and two baths and a full kitchen. It was freshly painted and carpeted and the furniture was pretty new and attractive. It was definitely not one of those neglected extended stay place. there were some minor maintenance issues which we had to get fixed and the hotel was only too nice about getting to. A sliding dole would not close, a sink leKed, a toilet ran, dirty diapers were on a balcony, and a couple more. I would have no problem staying here again and recommend it. The overall feel is less inviting and the staff is maybe a little less professional than alternatives like embassy suites but the price is much better.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank jimjade3
HawthornKent, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Thank you for your recent stay with us. The Hawthorn Suites was renovated in 2009. Each suite goes through a rigorous preventative maintenance check each quarter. These checks are necessary to ensure the suites are fresh and is in working order. The PM (preventative maintenance) program is an addition to the normal repairs that happen on a daily basis.
I sincerely apologize our staff may not have been as professional as our competitors. We have many new staff members onboard that is going through our customer service training. After training, our team will continue to serve impeccable customer service. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We are form Ottawa, Ontario Canada. We spent a full week (July 20 - 27) at this hotel and we loved it. Nice heated pool with jacuzzy, free hot breakfast (homemade oatmeal, eggs, bacon or sausage) every morning, weeknights, they even had free dinner with wine or beer. Good internet service with a printer that worked. Fully equiped kitchenette and very useful for families. Room (Studio) very spacious and clean and vey nice room set-up with fireplace. Staff very friendly and helpful . Close to major highway, easy access to airport, 5 mintes from a 24 hours grocery store. 20 minutes from downtown . Seattle. Nice terrace where you have a beer or wine. Excellent house keeping. We liked it and whish we had more like this one on this side of the country.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the excellent review! We have recently made some exciting new changes and our guests are elated. Please visit with us again as we truly appreciate your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent
Best Western Seattle Airport Hotel

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport? Share your experiences!