“Roach Motel”
Review of Quality Inn Kent

Quality Inn Kent
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This place the worst place that I have ever had the unpleasure to stay at. Nice size room and bed. But the place smells like someone dumped bleach on the floor. In the corner of the room it smells like someone peed. Stains on the covers. Dresser draws falling apart. I'm just glad that I'm only here for one night because I sure wouldn't be staying any longer than that.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Kent

Reviewed March 29, 2012

The side entry door was propped open and the smokers area is on the porch. The smoke fills the hallway and you can smell it in your room. The hotel is adjacent to a rundown trailer park and the parking lot has many non-desirables hanging around. It is not a secure place to be. The multitude of cameras in the hallways makes you realize that there have been ongoing security issues. My door showed signs of being broken and poorly repaired.
The vending machines do not work and have signs stating "Use at your own risk" hanging on them and "No refunds".
The breakfast kitchen is not stocked or cleaned. The Orange Juice dispenser only dispenses water. There is no coffee and everything is sticky and non-washed. My room did not have towels when I got there and I had to call the front desk to get them, however the shower did not have any hot water so I really didn't need the towels after that. I tried to print my boarding pass from the "Guest" Computer at the front desk. I was told by the manager that the printer worked, however after I finally managed to get checked in on the website the printer didn't work. I was THEN told the printer didn't work. I would like to find something good to say but I really can't. The hotel has been so badly neglected that I doubt if could ever be repaired economically and so don't expect it can ever recover from its current condition. It should be closed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Don W
Reviewed March 14, 2012

One suggestion do not stay here its TERRIBLE ... these people are fools and rude too. The rooms are smelly, they dnt bother to keep ur room clean despite for paying extra for it. The service is pathetic. The owner and that dumb girl, they just dnt care. STAY AWAY FROM DAYS INN -KENT FOR A HAPPY AND HEALTHY LIFE.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Bayomi R
Reviewed March 6, 2012

For the price this hotel was a waste of money there were lots ants near my bed in the morning, not only was there no hot water, but my shower did not turn off at all haha (imagine trying to explain to to the front desk) Just a very creepy feeling a hotel straight out of scary movies, But to be perfectly honest it wouldn't have been that bad if it didn't cost so much. Just beware and be careful, your definitely paying for a motel not a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2012

No hot water,also the heater stopped working in middle of night .Searched room for missing TV remote but only found crack pipes laying under bed!!! Tried to complain but got nothing but excuses .This place sucks!!! Your better off sleeping in your car an saving some money.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I called the front desk to complain that there was no hot water. The girl at the front desk said that the boiler had “gotten turned off” and that they had just turned it back on, to give the water a half hour to warm up. At 9:30 p.m., I tried the water again, and it was still cold. At 10:00 p.m., the water was still cold and I went to bed, thinking it would have warmed up by the morning. I woke up at 5:45 a.m. on November 5, 2011 and attempted to get the hot water working again. It was still cold (I tried turning it to both "C" and "H" and it was lukewarm at best). I called the front desk at 6:00 a.m. and told the girl that the water was still cold; I asked if it was just my room and she said that no, that at least two other customers had complained. She said that the maintenance man would not be in until 9 a.m. I explained to her that I had to leave by 7:00 a.m. and so I hoped that they were not planning on charging me for the night since I was not even able to take a shower. She said that her manager would be in at 8:00 a.m. I gave her my cell phone number and asked that she please have her manager call me on my cell phone to discuss comping the room. I never received a call from the manager.

At 2:00 p.m., I returned from Auburn to the hotel and went to the front desk and asked for the manager (Yongkil). I explained to him that I would like to have my room comped because there was no hot water and I was unable to take a shower during my stay that night or the next morning. He said that the maintenance man had entered my room and that the water was hot, and that “I just didn’t know how to work it.” I explained to the manager that I had already figured out that the hot and cold water were switched, and even so, that I had tried with the knob on both the “H” and the “C” for several minutes to make sure that it was the water and not me. Additionally, the girl working at the front desk said that the maintenance man did not get in until 9:00 a.m., which means that a minimum of 3 hours had passed since I needed to take a shower and the time he allegedly tested the water in my room. He also stated that I was the only person who had complained about the water, in contradiction to what the girl I had spoken to twice before had told me (that at least two other people had complained about the water). Finally the manager said, “well what do you want me to do.” I said, “I want you to comp me for the night that I was unable to take a shower.” He said that he did not have authorization to do that because the room was pre-paid (note: when I called Days Inn customer service a half hour later they told me this was not the case and that only the hotel manager had authority to reverse any charges on the card, and they could not explain why he would have said or thought that). He said that he would cancel my reservation the room, and that I could check out today. I explained that my reservation was for one more night, that I only wanted the one night comped that there was no hot water. He said “If you are unhappy with the services, you can check out today and I won’t charge you.” Confused, I explained that I was only unhappy because I could not take a shower. He just kept saying that he would cancel the reservation and I could check out today. I asked if he was kicking me out of the hotel. He said, “I will give you one hour.” I explained that I was not going to leave until he clarified whether he was going to charge me or not. I asked, “So you are telling me that there will be zero dollars charged to my card?” He did not directly answer my question, just kept saying that he would “cancel my reservation, and I could check out today.” Finally when I insisted that he answer my question, he said “I give you my word.” At this point, I was still uncertain as to what the manager was insinuating or what I was going to be charged or not charged. THEY CHARGED MY CARD FOR THE NIGHT THAT I DIDN'T STAY!! Have had to file a formal complaint through Days Inn corporate.

Room Tip: This hotel is in terrible shape, there was graffiti on the back doors, and all kinds of sketchy peop...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank K S
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Good basic accommodation for an overnight stay. Hotel shows it's age and could be updated. Breakfast area is nice; bigger than most places. Good breakfast with waffle maker. Receptionist service could be improved by removing the Tv in corner of lobby which serves only the staff and distracts them from doing their job.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple